VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Secundus67 That's some interesting work, I'm sure some people would be interested to see more of that stuff. I'd suggest you make your own developer thread and see if you can get started with Renpy yourself - it's actually quite easy to do a basic VN - you only need to learn <10 renpy commands and the rest is writing out dialogue and setting the filenames of the images.

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
Secundus67 That's some interesting work, I'm sure some people would be interested to see more of that stuff. I'd suggest you make your own developer thread and see if you can get started with Renpy yourself - it's actually quite easy to do a basic VN - you only need to learn <10 renpy commands and the rest is writing out dialogue and setting the filenames of the images.
The moment after I've expressed my inner desire to be part of a game developing project....I took a search on you tube and was able to find IT ROY'S videos on the subject of creating on renpy :)

It was as if there was an answer to my quest...and you so kindly encouraging me to do so...is like a second reassurance that this is the way! Thank you :)

Reactions: osanaiko

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
I have downloaded the game " Inner Demons " and I am enjoying it already...I really liked your story so far and the music you are using...on WAR , the "messages" and the percussion music resembling Japan's kodo drummers...are superb!!!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Elke's optional scene is done. Some quick cuts, but it still gives some clarity to what kind of demon Elke is.

Dropping the werewolf scene since I can't get it to work properly. Having issues with the werewolf model, I just can't get it to look right. Since it's strictly an animal and not based on a human character, the posing, anatomic elements, and hair are causing problems. I found something similar to a wolf, and a bunch of props to help, but it's based on the new Gen 9 models. This would require me to update Daz Studio to a version that will break a bunch of other models and scenes.

The werewolf will still be used, but only in quick cameos in Shelby's side scenes and the conclusion. It's important to show Vincent in this form to basically "justify" Shelby's reasoning for joining the demon army.

Working on the 2nd optional scene now (story only, but does have Bryn and Shelby).

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
Elke's optional scene is done. Some quick cuts, but it still gives some clarity to what kind of demon Elke is.

Dropping the werewolf scene since I can't get it to work properly. Having issues with the werewolf model, I just can't get it to look right. Since it's strictly an animal and not based on a human character, the posing, anatomic elements, and hair are causing problems. I found something similar to a wolf, and a bunch of props to help, but it's based on the new Gen 9 models. This would require me to update Daz Studio to a version that will break a bunch of other models and scenes.

The werewolf will still be used, but only in quick cameos in Shelby's side scenes and the conclusion. It's important to show Vincent in this form to basically "justify" Shelby's reasoning for joining the demon army.

Working on the 2nd optional scene now (story only, but does have Bryn and Shelby).
Is this going to solve your issue? Hope it helps :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/cock-o-rama-genitalia-core-for-hh-werewolf.46580/

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Reactions: Brutt_Axeman

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
I purposely didn't chose that werewolf model since it's so overused. Plus, the design of it looks too... "vicious"? I was looking for something closer to a more detailed version of the WoW worgen. And the Cock-o-Rama is specific to the HH werewolf model.
Then you are looking for Cock-O-Rama K9 (read the instructions) to fit it on any other G8 Werwulf

https://f95zone.to/threads/cock-o-rama-k9-and-equine-cock-unofficial-bundle.28683/

...How about these two?

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Reactions: Brutt_Axeman

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, I haven't been able to work on the update as much as I'd like to. Something always keeps pulling me away. I'm trying to get a few renders and some lines of dialogue written each time. But, it's slow-going. Bear with me, doing my best.

-GTS

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, technical update: Someone just released a brand new script to help automate animations. I'll be trying it out with this scene.
I think having one or two animations will help keep the scene moving as opposed to having my usual 15-30 images of "HHHnnnngh...!!!"s and "AAAAAAAAAhhh...!!!"s