Ren'Py Abandoned Frenetic Angel [Day 1 Remake] [Architecter]

What do you think about the graphic part of this game. Please vote if you have played in it.

• 1. It's disgusting. Write books and forget about pictures. This is not yours

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2. It hurts my eyes but I bear it

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 3. It's quite bearable. I saw better, I saw worse

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • 4. It's certainly not ideal, but don't worry about it

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • 5. It's a masterpiece! Teach us to do the same

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I originally planned to create a game in the style of life simulation.
However, it turned out to be quite a long journey requiring a well-developed world. At the initial stage, in the absence of spectators and patrons, this path turned out to be a difficult task.
It was necessary to either simplify the game or develop the "game of my dream" for a long time in the hope that in on day I can show my magnificent creation.
Of course this game is my hobby, but even it cannot be developed without support. Therefore, I simplified the game to the level of a visual novel with small adventure elements. The main thing is to create a sufficient number of locations and other content that can be used in the future. Unfortunately, passion alone won't get you far...
Yea I know what you mean. Isn't it terrible when art and creativity get halted by things like money? Hope you have success with your game anyways.

Reactions: Architecter

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Please remake this game in Ren'Py because RPGM is awful for this kind of gameplay.
This is a highly contradictory issue.

On the one hand, I understand that most of the community expects the game on Ren’Py.

On the other hand, I know the RPGM engine inside out and I’ve spent a lot of time creating smooth moving characters and 3d locations. In Ren’Py, in my subjective opinion, this is practically impossible to apply and, actually, this means creating a different game with this content.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of games that started on RPGM and switched to RenPy, so I understand that this transition is inevitable, but I'd like to have an adventure on RPGM with freedom of movement of the character and its counterpart on Ren’Py but as a visual novel.

I'd really like to make the transition to RenPy engine, but only a little later, when there is more content and, most importantly, when patrons appear. I am not a greedy man, but naked enthusiasm does not feed children :).
But, patrons will appear when there is content and mainly on RenPy.

In general, very big problems of a very small game…

Last edited:

ChipiK

Jul 5, 2017
Hi. I have a problem in the game. Black boxes in a characters when the game starts. What could the problem be?

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Hi. I have a problem in the game. Black boxes in a characters when the game starts. What could the problem be?
Hello. Could you describe the problem in more detail? It's not entirely clear what is being said
The game starts with an exposition of the city, then a scene in a taxi, then the heroine appears in a cafe. At what stage does the problem appear?

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Moin moin,
will the game be a kind of Sims (Sex- Eroticsims) ?
Hello!
It would be great, but unfortunately the engine's capabilities will not allow it.
The Sims is built around 3-D decorations and 3D characters, that is why it is easy to manipulate them.
The first version of Frenetic Angel is currently developed in the RPGM engine which assumes 2-D decorations and 2-D characters. So, I can create scenes where the guys are standing next to the girl (or create a sex scene with them), but it’s almost impossible to make a complex animation of a girl diving into the water and returning.
Therefore, in my game created an imitation of movement in locations, but sex scenes are shown according to pre-prepared pictures.
In general, it will be visually similar to your screenshot, but the gameplay is completely different.

Last edited:

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Please remake this game in Ren'Py because RPGM is awful for this kind of gameplay.
This is a highly contradictory issue.....
Thanks for the advice :)
I’ve remade a part of my game on Ren’Py and realized that you were absolutely right.

Ren’Py loads animations much faster, there are no slowdowns or freezes, and most importantly, scenes and events are played without annoying mistakes. Looks like it's high time for a new Engine.

It's just a pity that RenPy doesn't support character movement like in RPGM, because without it a part of the game’s atmosphere is lost…

After the first brainstorming, I made up my mind to use the arrows for moving through the locations.

180007.jpg

Last edited:

Dubious Soul

May 25, 2021
Hello. Could you describe the problem in more detail? It's not entirely clear what is being said
The game starts with an exposition of the city, then a scene in a taxi, then the heroine appears in a cafe. At what stage does the problem appear?
I also have black boxes instead of the character avatar in buildings. The cafe and the apartment.

Reactions: Architecter

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
I also have black boxes instead of the character avatar in buildings. The cafe and the apartment.
Oh, thanks.
Now I understand what the problem is.
This bug showed up when there wasn't enough physical or RAM memory.
It seemed to me that I'd solved this problem, but, apparently, not completely.
In any case, I'm currently converting the game to the ren'py engine. So this bug won't bother you anymore.
Now the scenes of moving around locations will be less expensive for computer resources.

Reactions: Dubious Soul

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Is the game still being developed?
Zero news after initial release, bad sign.
No, no, no! Not everything is so pity!

The main delay is the transition from RPGM to RenPy. Three months ago I had no idea about the RenPy engine. Now I have studied it enough to start. The main problem was not to show simple text and a picture, but to create an interactive animation of sex, how it was done in RPGM. On different engines this is implemented in different ways. On RPGM it was a simple algorithm. On RenPy, this turned into some kind of monster (by my subjective standards). But I did it. What was most interesting: In RPGM it was easy to write, but worked with a lot of lags and bugs. On RenPy, this looks more complicated, but it works like Swiss watches without braking.

Also, the delay was in the graphic part. I converted the pictures to a resolution of 1920x1080, and the graphics themselves are also improved.

Changed – I thought that the game would be released earlier by day (Day 1, Day 2, etc.). But if in one day were several sexual events, one of them was worked out completely, others were shown mediocrely and looked like a couple of pictures with text. I did not like it. Now each release is formed around one fully developed sex event. I hope you have the patience ;).

I thought that I would have finished by the new year, but, unfortunately, it is quite difficult now with free time.

In any case my aim is to create 2 releases (free and for the 1st support level) by the end of January - the beginning of February.

Last edited:

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Hi everyone!
Let me introduce the restart of my game
After six months of hard work, I finally got what I wanted.
The game has been redone by 99%. The game engine was changed to RenPy, the graphical part was completely redone, the plot was substantially refined, English was considerably improved.
The general concept of hot scenes has been changed. Now the main idea is to make the development of each scene and let the player choose when and how to stop and how to go through it.
I hope you will be interested in my creation.
I look forward to your comments. I’m fond of reading them.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Hi everyone!
Let me introduce the restart of my game
After six months of hard work, I finally got what I wanted.
The game has been redone by 99%. The game engine was changed to RenPy, the graphical part was completely redone, the plot was substantially refined, English was considerably improved.
The general concept of hot scenes has been changed. Now the main idea is to make the development of each scene and let the player choose when and how to stop and how to go through it.
I hope you will be interested in my creation.
I look forward to your comments. I’m fond of reading them.
The download seems to still contain the old version.
When will it be possible to test the revised version in order to be able to draw comparisons?

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
The download seems to still contain the old version.
When will it be possible to test the revised version in order to be able to draw comparisons?
If you follow the link (GoogleDrive for example) and see the file "Frenetic_Angel-pc.zip" or "Frenetic_Angel-mac.zip" then this is an actual updated on RenPy engine.
If you see a different name, please let me know. I've updated all the links.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FreneticAngel-Day1Remake
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
If you follow the link (GoogleDrive for example) and see the file "Frenetic_Angel-pc.zip" or "Frenetic_Angel-mac.zip" then this is an actual updated on RenPy engine.
If you see a different name, please let me know. I've updated all the links.
Thx, now the date on the start page is correct.