Ren'Py Abandoned Frenetic Angel [Day 1 Remake] [Architecter]

What do you think about the graphic part of this game. Please vote if you have played in it.

• 1. It's disgusting. Write books and forget about pictures. This is not yours

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2. It hurts my eyes but I bear it

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 3. It's quite bearable. I saw better, I saw worse

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • 4. It's certainly not ideal, but don't worry about it

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • 5. It's a masterpiece! Teach us to do the same

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Redmoon82

Feb 1, 2018
The demo is more like a student work, a sim simulator, with a lot of things that are not always needed. If there is about the maturity and psychological development of a young girl, then such detailing of car models and classrooms of an educational institution is superfluous. If it doesn't help with the plot, it should be removed. The process of cooking food, all the lockers, the refrigerator - most players will most likely not like it. Now the game has a mix of English, Russian and Ukrainian languages. Since the main language is chosen as English, it is better to do all the inscriptions in it at once. The wardrobe with clothes should also be reworked, somehow simplified, now there are too many incomprehensible arrows and if you do not plan to combine sets of clothes with each other, then it is better to work with sets for now. I would also remove the desktop flag if it does not carry a semantic load. Add 2-3 quests so that you can do something, and not just run around the map. By the way, why is there a dam and a military base on the 1966 map? If they are somehow involved in the plot, then ok. Good luck.

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
That description sounds rather pretentious and pompous for what seems to be a game made with modified sims 2 graphics
Dev acting like they're creating some new masterpiece that will completely revolutionize gaming itself lmao
I believe what we are reading is a bad translation from the dev native language to Engrish.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
It looks cool! Really impressive for RPG maker. I will keep an eye on it.

MidnightVT

Oct 11, 2017
Wait is there any H content? none in the screenshots the log says created the "simulation of sex" idk what that means.. I guess theres H content by that statement? lol.

Game devs: we love you! just some advice tho this is a H game forum.. include some screenshots of the H content to get people hooked so they download. theres thousands of games here many people will just keep on scrolling they wont download a game and play it to see what it is.. you have to sell it. Keep doing gods work tho!

Reactions: Architecter

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Thank you all for your feedback, guidance and good wishes.
I am very pleased that the first demo has collected so many positive reviews.
I would like to clarify about cooking and storing purchased products. One of the indicators of the ability to act for the main character is her energy. Those who clicked on her portrait at the bottom left could notice the energy formed, including due to her hunger.
Cooking food has been added for those who are interested in playing out such mechanics but it is completely optional. It was not difficult to implement but now it's a feature of the game.
In the game, for those who do not want to waste time on cooking, it will always be possible to buy cooked food or feed her at the food court. Also, in the future, the heroine can always ask for friends to feed her, pay for her and, if she wants she can thank her friend with... (for those who like sex for food ;)). Also, if she reaches the sex scene and she is hungry, then her partner will guess to feed her before inviting her to bed. It would be stupid to look for a frying pan and eggs to feed the heroine because she is hungry and does not want to fuck
I don't create a survival simulator, but there are things that are easy to do and interesting for someone to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Domokeew
Sep 12, 2017
it's so easy to make fun of people. create your game before you speak
This is ALWAYS a shit take. You don't have to make something to know what's wrong with it. If a steak comes out and is black even on the inside, you don't have to be a five star chef to know it's burnt to shit and gonna taste like shit too.

FinalZero

Apr 24, 2017
why the game look Project Zomboid gameplay yes it 100% Project Zomboid gameplay but has big anime anyway

Reactions: jura7

swiezak1988

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Architecter,
A bunch of comments:
  1. In general, I like overall style and premise of the game. A normal girl (no demons, succubi, furries), a normal world (no monsters, tentacles, RPGM fighting etc.), probably a story leading to unusual amount of lewd events. Your ambition and attention to detail is impressive.
  2. Please give players freedom of choosing their preferred way to control the game. I'm glad that despite your commentary at the beginning, I could use arrows instead of WSAD. And actually I was missing Z,X and Ctrl,0 that are default for RPGM games. I played the game on laptop, so it would be most comfortable to use arrows with right hand and use Z,X and touchpad with left hand. Nevertheless I ended up using feature of my touchpad to double tap and hold and keep LMB virtually pressed down in order to walk around. Please don't disable that. If you don't plan on using Z,X and Ctrl,0 bindings for something else, please let users pick their preferred defaults just like RPGM does.
  3. I'm worried that kitchen is overcomplicated for an adult game. Imagine average Joe from this forum making a shopping list to do a recipe like the one from the demo. And remembering between playthroughs which recipes should be made with purchased food. Instead of having huge amount of individual items, consider having meat, vegetables, milk, flour, spices - or similar short list of items that will appear in most recipes, with high likelihood that you will be able to make multiple recipes with what you have in the refridgerator at the moment.
  4. I see you have spent quite an effort to design game world. It's nice! But it is just a large area where you can take a walk. After seeing the NPC who changes time I was looking around for anything else and eventually got tired of walking around and reaching dead ends which were not marked in any way. It's your game and your plan, but showing a large, empty world doesn't seem to be a good idea to sell a game. I think you will engage people in your game if you will deliver some smaller area that has a bunch of things to do already. Walking is quite tedious now, so consider having events in rather short walk reach - even large game studios got players unhappy with large worlds where you had to cover large distance in order to get anywhere. Btw. please look around for a RPGM game where player was free to walk on literally any pixel. NPCs were still bound to tiles on the grid as usual, but you could walk literally on any pixel. I don't remember the game unfortunately, not sure if it is a feature of newer RPGM or some custom solution made by a studio for that game.
  5. I wonder what do you plan in case of wardrobe. I have impression that you plan to have corruption and exhibitionism included in game. In this case it would be extra awesome if outfits would be flexible in terms of changing and adjusting their parts. Undo a button or two, fold skirt to make it shorter, change or remove underwear, add and change hosiery, change footwear etc. I already like that in early version of the game you consider respecting current level of exhibitionism and you block player from walking around naked outside. Not sure about other gamers out there, but in my case it spoils the game if it features multiple outfits, but nothing stops player from walking with bare ass and pussy in public while story is still about shy and inhibited girl.

Last edited:

Architecter

Jun 28, 2022
Hi Architecter,
A bunch of comments:
Hi swiezak1988,

Thank you very much for your review. A couple of replies to your suggestions:

2. You can change keyboard buttons to control the game. The installed WASD mod allows you to assign any keys to any commands. To change keyboard buttons you need to press “Options” in the main menu, then choose "Keyboard Settings", then double click on the desired button on the keyboard, displayed on the screen, and select the desired command for it from the list that appears. After finishing press "Finish Configurations".

You can set the default control by clicking "Default Keyboard Layout" & "Finish Configurations", however, in this demo version it will lead to problems because I added a jump plugin to the game that uses the C key. This plugin turned out to be unnecessary, but is still present in the game. In the next update, I will remove it and you will be able to change the keyboard as you wish.

3 & 4. I've already planned it. It seems to me that by the end of the demo version’s release, we will all have seen both the simplified game mode and the originally conceived hardcore mode. A simplified version will be created for those who are interested in the plot and X scenes, without the necessity to look for someone, feed the heroine, teach her. Only fun and sex, but this is in the second stage of implementation

5. "change or remove underwear, add and change hosiery, change footwear etc".

Initially, I worked on this concept, but it involved the use of several pictures one on top of the other (naked, certain panties on top, a certain skirt on top, etc.). Tests showed that it technically works, but the RPGM engine is unable to digest such an abundance of information and this led to a strong slowdown of the computer (especially such an ancient one as mine). As a result, I am currently working on the idea of changing clothes within the selected outfit. For example, in the selected set, you can remove panties, a skirt, a blouse, etc., where each changed set is a separate whole picture and there is no need to overlay one picture on another. This does not require large RAM resources, but it takes up much more space on the hard drive. The Webp image format partially solved this problem, but nevertheless, it is also a limiter. In a couple of weeks I plan to release a demo with a sex scene (sex tutorial) in which we will see the result

swiezak1988

Oct 3, 2017
Architecter, looks like you got a plan. About point 5, having predefined variants of the same outfit seems to be a very neat approach. This way you avoid one big issue: complicated code required to figure out if some combination of clothes is not too much considering location and character's inhibition level. And you also have large freedom in changing the outfit according to the story without complicating stuff with multiple variants of the same cloth, overlay issues and so on. Win-win.

Reactions: Architecter