• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

2dguy

Apr 23, 2020
it says something about my graphics cards then crashes before i can read it.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
it says something about my graphics cards then crashes before i can read it.
I would make sure your drivers are up to date. The game uses direct x 12 and there were issues vendors had to fix with drivers.

Reactions: 2dguy

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
Updated the game with check boxes to enable/disable sliders allowing changes to the crew size without defaulting disabled content. Also changed the interaction menu to make it a little larger and hopefully easier to see. NewPreferences.png

Reactions: alrdlady

alrdlady

May 20, 2017
Excellent customisation, but optimization and UI bugfixing should be high on the priority list. I don't know how to recreate it, but sometimes the menus on characters and on the left of the screen can't be clicked.
Other than that, well done on this build! I'm looking forward to more progress.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
Excellent customisation, but optimization and UI bugfixing should be high on the priority list. I don't know how to recreate it, but sometimes the menus on characters and on the left of the screen can't be clicked.
Other than that, well done on this build! I'm looking forward to more progress.
Thanks for the praise and nice words of encouragement. That means alot to me. I am prioritizing the UI and bugfixing. Since I used Unreal built in tools to create the UI I am not sure what could be causing the UI responsiveness issue unless it is related to performance. If you would be so kind can you provide me with some additional information?

1. Hardware you are using
2. crewsize
3. duration of game play

I will try to recreate the issue and provide a patch.

Reactions: alrdlady

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
Just so I'm clear you mean this UI?
View attachment 2794637
I left this game running all night and the UI is still usable for me. My hardware is a Dell inspiron laptop with the following hardware specs.

Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5Ghz 2 cores 4 threads
16GB ddr3 ram
Amd Radeon R5 M335 4G
Which has a benchmark score of 549

My video card has a benchmark score of 549. Although laggy I can still use all the UI elements this morning, the game is even playable on this terrible hardware. The only thing I can think of is that something else is trying to use the video card at the same time. I see issues when I try to run the game on my workstation and I have the Unreal editor open.

Jackhammer40000

Sep 4, 2022
The unusable UI bug happens after you enter and then exit the character customization menus. Additionally, it looks like you can't save a characters edits when the settings are set above medium, I think? I tested all settings at epic and created a new game and nothing was saving. I then tested a new game with all settings on medium and it looked like edits were saving. The UI bug makes it so you can't even save edits as you can't save the game, as far as I understand, without accessing that dropdown menu.

Reactions: wshizzle

Azoresman

May 7, 2018
I gave it a try just to confirm the performance issues some users have reported.
I see no issues with performance on my Laptop with the game settings set to Epic (everything Maxed)
There is a bug with the UI after altering a character , left side menu buttons quit working (Had to hard exit the game)
Specs: Asus VivobookPro 15 Oled i7 4 cores 8 threads 3.3 16GB RTX3050Ti 8GB SSD 1TB Intel

Reactions: wshizzle

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
I gave it a try just to confirm the performance issues some users have reported.
I see no issues with performance on my Laptop with the game settings set to Epic (everything Maxed)
There is a bug with the UI after altering a character , left side menu buttons quit working (Had to hard exit the game)
Specs: Asus VivobookPro 15 Oled i7 4 cores 8 threads 3.3 16GB RTX3050Ti 8GB SSD 1TB Intel
Thanks I'll keep trying to recreate. For future reference you can use the G key to invoke the game menu also.

Reactions: Azoresman

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
The unusable UI bug happens after you enter and then exit the character customization menus. Additionally, it looks like you can't save a characters edits when the settings are set above medium, I think? I tested all settings at epic and created a new game and nothing was saving. I then tested a new game with all settings on medium and it looked like edits were saving. The UI bug makes it so you can't even save edits as you can't save the game, as far as I understand, without accessing that dropdown menu.
Thanks I'll test it and see if I can figure out a fix.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
Fixed in the release/patch below
FREEUSESPACE version 0.1.0.2 patch only:
FREEUSESPACE version 0.1.0.2

unzip into windows folder to install patch

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FreeUseSpace-0.1.0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

JhonnyJo

Oct 17, 2021
Fixed in the release/patch below
FREEUSESPACE version 0.1.0.2 patch only: Mega
FREEUSESPACE version 0.1.0.2 Mega

unzip into windows folder to install patch
So yeah when i try to start the game everytime a message pops up and then the game closes itself, all my drivers are up to date but this keeps happening.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
So yeah when i try to start the game everytime a message pops up and then the game closes itself, all my drivers are up to date but this keeps happening.
Can you screenshot the message? Is it happening from the full game or after you install the patch?

JhonnyJo

Oct 17, 2021
Can you screenshot the message? Is it happening from the full game or after you install the patch?
Hello yeah ( sorry for late reply) but i just launched your game with the patch and then this message popped up (tried running it again without the patch, but the same thing happened).

Captura de Tela (50).png

1.80 star(s) 4 Votes