Mod Ren'Py Four Elements Trainer: Remastered [v0.1] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

packor

Oct 11, 2021
Direct continuation of the mod can be found here
so, from what I've read, THIS mod is up to chapter 2 with walkthrough for all routes, and apparently still works up to 2, and THAT mod is up to chapter 2 without all routes, and no updates for awhile, doesn't that make this one the superior mod?

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
so, from what I've read, THIS mod is up to chapter 2 with walkthrough for all routes, and apparently still works up to 2, and THAT mod is up to chapter 2 without all routes, and no updates for awhile, doesn't that make this one the superior mod?
I think the other's more updated with the gallery though.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
when I've posted the message the mod was in developing but after he refused to being posted on game op and kept dalaying somehow i've understand that was just a early hype and most probably will be never be completed, ofc I might be wrong but don't thing so. As the newer mod it should 1:1 with this one + couple more features.

Dec 9, 2017
when I've posted the message the mod was in developing but after he refused to being posted on game op and kept dalaying somehow i've understand that was just a early hype and most probably will be never be completed, ofc I might be wrong but don't thing so. As the newer mod it should 1:1 with this one + couple more features.
The mod's been on hold since I'm still waiting for the actual game to be completed. I don't want to go through all the work to check if some dialog's been changed and then editing my mod to match the game. I'll resume active development when the game is officially completed. For now I still recommend using Lain's mod for the walkthrough (mine is still buggy).

packor

Oct 11, 2021
that does make sense for a project you can't spare much time for, thanks for the explanation.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
June 4th Progress Report:

Going to try to make a status report at the end of every day to keep myself motivated and consistent. It's fine if no one reads them. Today step #1 of remaster is complete! Only 1,000,000 more to go! (screams internally)

Things I did today:
  • Coded the main menu
  • Messed with lots of UI code settings
  • Got the dialogue screen and side images working (was kinda annoying)
  • slept too much :/

screenshot0001.png screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0006.png

Anyone prefer the old textbox or the new one?

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
June 4th Progress Report:

Going to try to make a status report at the end of every day to keep myself motivated and consistent. It's fine if no one reads them. Today step #1 of remaster is complete! Only 1,000,000 more to go! (screams internally)

Things I did today:
  • Coded the main menu
  • Messed with lots of UI code settings
  • Got the dialogue screen and side images working (was kinda annoying)
  • slept too much :/

View attachment 2675716 View attachment 2675720
View attachment 2675717 View attachment 2675721 View attachment 2675718 View attachment 2675723

Anyone prefer the old textbox or the new one?
I prefer the new one.

While the old one matches the color scheme of the Avatar universe fairly well, the newer one is more simplistic and takes up less of the screen. I've found in a lot of these Ren'Py visual novels the less going on in the dialogue area the better.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
June 6th Progress Report:

Today was good! I worked all day and got a ton of work done!

Things I did today:
  • Completed all the work for the hunting minigame (this took forever to update all the UI elements)
  • Got the map screen working
  • Added the side images for almost all of the other Book 1 characters

2.png 3.png 1.png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
June 7th Progress Report:

Things I did today:
  • Decided to make a setting to allow the player to switch between Classic and Modern textbox modes
  • Reorganized all the images and audio files
  • Some miscellaneous things and getting ready for a lot of tedious art editing tomorrow >.<

Original:
1.png
Classic textbox mode:
2.png
Modern textbox mode:
3.png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
June 8th Progress Report:

Things I did today:
  • Photoshop editing for all the character art to fix composite overlay stuff

Today was soul-crushingly tedious and boring, had to fix stuff in Photoshop which took the entire day to do >_<
aaaaaaaaaaa-neko.gif

Tomorrow will be better and i'll be able to start some code editing/reorganizing.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
June 9th Progress Report:

Things I did today:
  • Reorganized the code to make things easier to find and deleted some redundant code
  • Remade the UI for the choice screen (which was a bit harder than it should have been)
  • Improvement: The money overlay now only shows on the map and shop screen instead of always, which is a bit more immersive

Was in a bit of a meh mood today, so didn't get as much as I wanted to done. :/
While I like the modern choice screen, it didn't look good when there was a bunch of options like on the shop screen, so I remade the old choice screen UI which will be used just for the shop and Katara room screens.

screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
June 10th Progress Report:

Things I did today:
  • Finished reorganizing the code to make things easier to find
  • Started designing the Objectives menu

FET: Remastered will have two Guide systems. The first is a new Objectives menu which will have vague hints and let you keep track of what 'quests' you should be doing. The second is the walkthrough mod which gives step-by-step instructions of what to do.
I started designing the first one today, but I'm bad at designing and coding so it took a long time and maybe looks kinda meh. I can maybe make it look a little bit better tomorrow.

Objectives menu incomplete design:
screenshot0001.png

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Thanks! ♥

June 11th Progress Report:

Things I did today:
  • Finished the design/UI code of the Objectives menu
  • Got the UI for the walkthrough mod resized and working

I think the only things left to do are:
- Writing & coding the objectives and walkthrough steps
- Scene gallery
- Miscellaneous fixes
So tomorrow I'm going to start playing through the love route and working on all of those at the same time as I play through it.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes