4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Ochilochin

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2023
Well thanks for the reply.

Well I'm not happy...I restarted my game from the start using the older v2.2 release...because it has a functioning mod...(I even tried extracting the old v2.2 version into another folder without the wt mod, and then loaded and saved for pre chapter 3). Running v3 version, I then loaded my recent saves (tried all of them...from ch1, or ch2), and the "None" name happens...to all my previously created saves.

My guess it's because of some code changes that was done to version 3.0, causing this NONE name issue. (I really don't want to play again without a walk through this time...to remove that fucking NONE name. :mad:
Hey, I'm sorry for that =(
I forgot to mention that I fixed an issue with the MC name (it appeared as ??? when replaying a scene in the gallery). However, the only solution I found (with my very limited knowledge haha) requires replaying the game from the start. I apologize for that. Using the makes it quite quick to reach Chapter 3

Reactions: MrBenny

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hit Shift-O to open console.

Type:
Code:
persistent.mc_name = mc_name
Hit Enter.

Profit.
THANK-you. Thank-you.

Though, FYI...the console is actually locked by default. So I had to use UnRen to unlock it, before I could copy and pasted that command into the console. But now MC's name is back to normal for this chapter 3 release. (Man I wish you had replied earlier...I might have had some morning to do other things than replay this title, when I didn't have to. ;) )

I'm also included the UnRen version that worked with this title, for anyone who experiences the NONE name change issue.
(Install: Extract, and place the UnRen-ultrahackV11.bat file where your game exe is located. Double click and choose #3.)

Regards.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I'll try it once Koga figures it out
Don't wait and better play it w/o Mod. There is a written WT from the dev available anyway.
Still had no success with a Mod update, for some for me unknown reason the game crashes with it. I stopped now an postpone further checking to the weekend. But have to admit I won't invest to much time anymore, so I maybe will abandon my Mod with this version.

Edit Mar. 16, 2024
Could solve the issue (corrupted bg image...). I've updated the Mod and port now to v0.3.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Forgotten Pathways [v0.3] [Ochilochin]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

Last edited:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I'll try it once Koga figures it out
You can also try using the 0x52_URM tool to see what's behind most of the story choices. (I'm still using the older not updated version because I like that it's clean, and not the new boxy version.)

(Install) Place the tool into your game folder, and run your game. When ever a choice, or requirement check happens, a small box in the top left hand corner will appear. Just expand to view for more details.

screenshot0007.png

Verrillion

Jul 15, 2022
Hi, everyone. I confess that I follow what happens here only a little. For those who spent time giving critiques, reviews, and compliments, thank you very much. I always read everything carefully. I am learning, evolving, and enjoying this whole process.

I recently added some points discussed with Tiur in the dev notes, who provided very interesting critiques about the VN. By the way, thank you very much, Tiur, for responding to people, answering questions, or helping them understand if it made sense to play the game.

Version 0.2.2 was just to change some images and fix some typos/bugs ( ). Version 0.3 is in progress and will include ~1400 new renders and ~8-10k new lines of code.

I realize that the controversial ending still leaves many people frustrated, but well, there's not much I can do about it. I'm sorry for those who feel they had a bad experience, but this moment in the story was truly indispensable for a coherent continuation.

As for the change in the MC's attitude, don't worry. It will change. Chapter 3 is almost 65% complete, and well, brace yourselves for changes (for those who are still around lol).

Another point that many discuss with me is the quality of my english. As many know, I'm a solo dev and no, I'm not a native English speaker. I try to write directly in English (avoid using translators), but I know that the dialogues end up with a series of errors or don't sound natural. I do my best, but I know it's not enough for native speakers. The good part is that many people come to talk to me, giving specific suggestions for improvements, and for Chapter 3, I already have volunteers who will help me revise the text. Anyway, little by little, we'll get better =)

Finally, someone above commented about having two characters kissing. If you're interested in knowing exactly what will be skippable in the next chapters,

I'm taking a little longer to respond to private messages (this applies to discord too) because I just moved to another country and haven't even been able to install wifi at home yet.

Well, a happy new year to everyone. May 2024 bring updates with happy endings :LOL:
Honestly I'm a little bewildered by some of the responses on here, I literally don't even know what people are talking about the MC being "weak" is it because he's not in 100% complete control of all of his life circumstances? I agree with another comment that if this was a storyless romp than sure but this game has a lot more substance than most of the games on this website, and to be an actual character with motivations and development they need to be flawed, which even by that standard the character is still a bit of a mary sue (which is fine honestly im not expecting Steven King level writing here)

And also why is someone being a prostitute so triggering? Like I get the tags are important but do tags have to exist if its literally just mentioned? It was my impression that its for what kind of 'sexual' content is explicit within the game or at least a heavy theme of, I can be wrong about that, but still it seems like some people are getting upset that a WOMAN might have a sexual history at all, its not a big deal especially if it was before you (or the MC) met them at all

I struggle with the VN genre because I don't like reading but this is a good game, I say just keep going the direction you're going because imo its better to have a game with any amount of substance and character development than a vapid power fantasy

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
You can also try using the 0x52_URM tool to see what's behind most of the story choices. (I'm still using the older not updated version because I like that it's clean, and not the new boxy version.)

(Install) Place the tool into your game folder, and run your game. When ever a choice, or requirement check happens, a small box in the top left hand corner will appear. Just expand to view for more details.

View attachment 3443261
Thanks for pointing that out
There's been an update

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
Holy shit, the plot takes an absolutely crazy turn in the last update! I like it, I like it a lot! Alysa and Scarlet seem to have the best chance of being impactful in the story so far.

The question now is, who is the second person who was sent to Sirione? Eina? Or just someone else?

Anyway, I love the story, the characters and their diversity, the fact that the amnesia doesn't last too long is also a good thing. Advance into the unknown why not, but you just shouldn't overdo it and it's very well dosed. I also can't wait to see the MC in action with his magic!

Keep up the good work Ochilochin , I'm absolutely a fan!

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Note for those that think there is no MC namer.. I thought the same but play through the 'intro' if you can call it that and there will be a scene where you can choose a name rather than Riend or default Marcus..
I mention this as if like myself and you like to have that bit of immersion to the VNs then something like thinking your stuck with a name would be a game closer to some.. But fear not just go through the town explore story bit till you get home with Nina again and it will happen there

To the dev nice work.. dialogue is a little wooden at times but is far better than some ive seen in the genre type

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Honestly I'm a little bewildered by some of the responses on here, I literally don't even know what people are talking about the MC being "weak" is it because he's not in 100% complete control of all of his life circumstances? I agree with another comment that if this was a storyless romp than sure but this game has a lot more substance than most of the games on this website, and to be an actual character with motivations and development they need to be flawed, which even by that standard the character is still a bit of a mary sue (which is fine honestly im not expecting Steven King level writing here)
The main complaint at that time was that when the game ended at the end of 0.2, the MC getting beaten down and kicked while he's down was literally the majority of the released content in the game, and the update ended in his literal worst state so far, with multiple LIs rejecting him over lies and the thinnest veneer of social manipulation.

Constant downers over and over get tedious for people seeking an enjoyable story as escapism (people with a humiliation kink aside), so 0.2 was not an enjoyable update on its own or as the current state of the game. As I've said a couple times in the past day or so, those pacing and mood issues are completely solved by 0.2 no longer being the end of current content. 0.3 is exactly the kind of resolution to that kind of downer that is needed to cleanse the palate and establish a determination to move forward.

And also why is someone being a prostitute so triggering? Like I get the tags are important but do tags have to exist if its literally just mentioned?
Yes. Tags are content tags, not thematic tags. If a character in the game who has sex with the MC is a prostitute, it gets tagged with the tag.

The reason for the more reasonable version of the complaints over Tracy (which complaints are now no longer relevant) was that since she was originally written as a prostitute, and since she did not quit her job after becoming intimate with the MC, she was fucking other dudes for money for at least a couple weeks while being with the MC, and generally-speaking, people tend not to be fans of that, particularly when her actual job wasn't obvious before making the choice whether to have sex with her the first time or not.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Yes. Tags are content tags, not thematic tags. If a character in the game who has sex with the MC is a prostitute, it gets tagged with the tag.

The reason for the more reasonable version of the complaints over Tracy (which complaints are now no longer relevant) was that since she was originally written as a prostitute, and since she did not quit her job after becoming intimate with the MC, she was fucking other dudes for money for at least a couple weeks while being with the MC, and generally-speaking, people tend not to be fans of that, particularly when her actual job wasn't obvious before making the choice whether to have sex with her the first time or not.
  • Prostitution [The act of soliciting sex in exchange for money.]
The tag isn't prostitute, it's prostitution. It's a sexual content tag and since there's no sexual content surrounding prostitution in game the tag probably shouldn't be there. The tag isn't prostitute, unless there's an exchange of goods for the sex it really shouldn't apply.
Not getting into the debate of prostitutes or former prostitutes in the harem, but the tag really doesn't match the content.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes