4.00 star(s) 24 Votes

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Here's v0.3! (I think someone will update the OP with it anyways but oh well)
#F!4jJxlaxI!HvBX30tq1Y8rs7tCkEINug

Reactions: Paranoid_android

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
speaking of messing up, you should add a stat conditional. The scripts seem to break when you go over the maximum limit (i.e. the existing if-then conditionals are out of bounds when you check against the limit of 70 but you're at 71 already).

In other words, prevent the stats to exceed the limits you test against.

Can't talk to either elizabeth or Mary and instead get working dialog (Liz) or actions (Mary,naked) instead.

if current stat = max stat, skip
else if current stat > max stat, set current stat = max stat
else current stat = current stat + gain

OR

put the last available option behind an else statement, but requires to set the value everytime a new level of interaction is added.

while we're at it, the character's talk level increased before I got all information: I asked mary about the city, and the next inquiries were talk about mary or liz.
This is infuriating from a player's point of view as information possibly required later is missed, requiring rollback/save scuming to combat.

additionaly, I prefer to know exactly how much a value is changed without having to run back and forth for the stat checker after every interaction.
({value change} {statistic} instead of {statistic} increased/decreased - if we're a god among gods and mind control magic doesnt even work on us, we should be able to tell as much)

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
First of all Fulcrum, I appreciate your feedback and will definitely consider your opinions on resolving the issues.

Secondly, "Speaking of messing up"? Well fuck you too.

Thirdly, I know how I want the story to play out, the player won't be able to miss any essential information they'll need later unless they just don't read anything at all. (I may adjust love/corruption levels that set off different dialogue since you shouldn't be able to only experience the city dialogue once before moving on).

Lastly, I purposefully changed the game from showing how much love/cor you gain to simply increment and decrements, it was a design choice I wanted so I made it that way, there is a reason for this that will be apparent in later builds of the game. I understand that the player is a god but sometimes you must use suspension of disbelief to accompany gameplay.

This is my first game, and it's my first time using renpy. I'm still learning as I make it and I'm trying my best, I would appreciate it if that's kept in mind when criticizing. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Here's a link to v0.31, hopefully it addresses all the bugs/errors.

Reactions: Bloo

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
copycat assets are putting me off.it's a trademark of half assed effort and laziness.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Secondly, "Speaking of messing up"?
I dont like grinding and simply skipped over repeating the events with mary and liz after reaching talk level 2 by editing the savegame. That's what I meant with "messing up", but I forgot to add that bit due to sleep deprivation.

Well fuck you too.
Every day. Every day.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
Could you explain a little more what you mean?
faces/bodies are all the same,only difference is in eyes/hair.
throne room scene (OP,screen one) left part of the body is copy paste of the right 1:1,the only thing is different is hair and belt. fingers have same position,boots are same and so on. it look wierd AF.
when you have back gound fighters copy paste it's understandable,you can't have 99 unique no names for 5 seconds of scene,but when it's stuff that is persistent,like traders it look cheap.

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
What a great way for a dev to keep/gain followers... and possibly get booted from the board for abuse toward another member.
Love the sarcasm, and I don't want money or support from anyone who is rude to me. They explained afterwards that they forgot to add to their post so I'm cool with it, what I'm not cool with is you taking my response out of context, did you even read the whole thing? If thanking people for feedback will get me booted then something about this board needs to change. But I doubt that's the problem.

Kyle Mercury

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
faces/bodies are all the same, but when it's stuff that is persistent,like traders it look cheap.
Well I mean I'm not the artist, I can have a talk with them about the symetricalness of their art but in the end if you don't like their style there's not much I can do. And it looks cheap because it IS cheap, I'm funding this project entirely by myself. I don't have enough money for amazing art, but I like my artists stuff and I can pay their prices so...sorry?
If the patreon ever gets to a point where the game can start paying for itself then I'm definitely going to improve the "quality" of the art but I'm happy with where it is now because of what I have. Thanks for letting me know what you think about it though.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Well I mean I'm not the artist, I can have a talk with them about the symetricalness of their art but in the end if you don't like their style there's not much I can do. And it looks cheap because it IS cheap, I'm funding this project entirely by myself. I don't have enough money for amazing art, but I like my artists stuff and I can pay their prices so...sorry?
If the patreon ever gets to a point where the game can start paying for itself then I'm definitely going to improve the "quality" of the art but I'm happy with where it is now because of what I have. Thanks for letting me know what you think about it though.
I think the character visuals look just fine the way they are... Gives a certain character to the game...

4.00 star(s) 24 Votes