VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters [v0.3a] [PingPanda]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I'm not disputing that there are other games far better that could do with more support but to call a dev out for milking that's been going for such a limited time and is barely getting anything is a massive stretch.

Reactions: botc76

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
If people pay for it without having a gun forcing them to do so, then there is a market for this content.
I like incest and voyeur games, they like giving money for that, everyone's happy :p

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I don't think it's the people spending the money people are concerned with, it's more the devs that release little bits of a game and milk Patreon while rarely updating.

Aug 16, 2017
I don't think it's the people spending the money people are concerned with, it's more the devs that release little bits of a game and milk Patreon while rarely updating.
how is this NOT agreeing with the statement that you so quickly dismissed earlier?
I didn't mention an amount at all as game developers never used to get a penny of investment before building a game.
I can see you are somewhat defensive regarding this single developer but can you honestly say that having ANY financial help as a developer is the same as NO financial help?

since the creation of patreon the amount of part developed games has risen astronomically while finished games don't seem to arrive very often. games are now released in tiny instalments to coax people to fund development....even I would if I could, which is why they don't create mmorpgs. hence my original statement

Reactions: spence217

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Very short, but a promising start. Don't lend her the money the first time and lend it to her later to see all the scenes.

Reactions: rKnight

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
what's the update ?

cant see any changelog on patreon :(

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
how is this NOT agreeing with the statement that you so quickly dismissed earlier?
I didn't mention an amount at all as game developers never used to get a penny of investment before building a game.
I can see you are somewhat defensive regarding this single developer but can you honestly say that having ANY financial help as a developer is the same as NO financial help?

since the creation of patreon the amount of part developed games has risen astronomically while finished games don't seem to arrive very often. games are now released in tiny instalments to coax people to fund development....even I would if I could, which is why they don't create mmorpgs. hence my original statement
Well the thing is game development require time. If you work fulltime, go to school etc, there is just so much time you can spend on it. Most people that put their stuff on Patreon won't be able to just quit their rl jobs over night, or pursue it as a full time job. Can't really tell someone who just started out they are milking the system. Also can't really ask of much content of a 0.1 release and such. Then again there is those that have quite a substantional income on Patreon and the updates feels like a small foot note, then you can start talk about milking.

I think the state of a loot of games on Patreon find themselfs in a state of mess due to bad planning from the start. A real lack of complete story and script. Maybe creators get a bit afraid of complete their work once they reach a certain level of success, so they keep pile more stuff on top. Like a never ending story. So we might have something that start out cool and end up quite the opposite.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Sitting in front of the computer, supposed to be looking for a job... is that the end? Can't seem to make anything else happen, but didn't get any "that's the end" message.
I'm at the computer, I can't launch Chrome to start looking for a job, I can only view the photo of my sister's nipple, and open up the Start menu, for all the good it does me. WTF?

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
I think you need to turn off the pc using the start menu which will be followed by your sister knocking on the door

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes