sinensis

Oct 24, 2020
For newcomers to the game, I'm trying to decide between starting with Family at Home 2 or the Family at Home Remake.

I understand that Family at Home 2 is completed, while the first remake is not. I'm wondering which one has a better story and improved graphics.

Should I begin with the first remake and wait for the second one remake, or is it better to start with the completed edition of Family at Home 2 and after that the first remake? Thanks for your help! :)

Reactions: AJBit

mcclem5257

Oct 24, 2019
For newcomers to the game, I'm trying to decide between starting with Family at Home 2 or the Family at Home Remake.

I understand that Family at Home 2 is completed, while the first remake is not. I'm wondering which one has a better story and improved graphics.

Should I begin with the first remake and wait for the second one remake, or is it better to start with the completed edition of Family at Home 2 and after that the first remake? Thanks for your help! :)
In my humble opinion you should start with the "original" Family at Home then The Lecuyer Cult followed by Family at Home 2 and finally either play along with the remake of Family at Home or wait until it is finished.

Reactions: sinensis

AkaQ

May 23, 2022
In my humble opinion you should start with the "original" Family at Home then The Lecuyer Cult followed by Family at Home 2 and finally either play along with the remake of Family at Home or wait until it is finished.
Are they all linked? How? Same characters or events?
I too was wondering if I should play the original or wait for the remake to be finished, or if I should just play the Second game in case it's not a direct sequence.

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
Are they all linked? How? Same characters or events?
I too was wondering if I should play the original or wait for the remake to be finished, or if I should just play the Second game in case it's not a direct sequence.
They share the same world. All events simply take place in different places with different characters, but they intertwined.
Family at Home is mentioned quite often in the game. The Lecuyer Cult a bit in the end, and some characters shows up too.

Personally I would play original first instead of waiting for remake.
This is the order in which you should play to better understand the main story.
Family at Home -> The Lecuyer Cult -> Family at Home 2
But in the end these games are all about fucking your family(and some extra).

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Felt like he really wanted to wrap this up and move onto another project lol. At least he finished it and the scenes are good!

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
> What is your name? The default is Steven
> Put in a name
> Never get referred to as my name
> Never get referred to as Steven
> Always get referred to as Marcos

edit:
oh. it becomes clear later on. There is a plot reason why initially you are called Marcos. Even though it isn't your name

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: SALR

Ruza

Mar 1, 2018
still get a header error when i download any of the file, i think it's making it so that the scene's flash when changing

Jul 24, 2021
Being for

I understand that(and the creator says no NTR) but I'm worrying about "Futa/trans"
Plus I hate that it has Futa and Trans together.

Futa = characters embodying both male and female sexual traits(hermaphrodite)

Trans = people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were thought to be at birth
Trans is about gender identity and all that bullshit if you see a character with male genitalia but with no mention of transitioning as a kid and all that then think of it as a futa i know futa = Herma but leave people to choose even if there is no female genitalia unless the dev puts the trans bomb in the game people can say its futa

SALR

Formerly 'SALR'
Game Developer
Aug 20, 2020
!Question fo the developer!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Family at Home 2 happens before The Lécuyer Cult, that's why he is still alive and Ruby is still on his side.
The events of The Lécuyer Cult will change a bit when the remake comes out.
So yes, there are a lot of things that don't make sense eh Family at Home 2, because the remake of The Lécuyer Cult will bring changes to the story to make sense.

I know it may seem very dizzying, but that's why the idea of remaking the games, still an apology for all this mess with the story.
I'll share with you the timeline of the games, the remakes will be canon within the story and the originals will cease to be canon.

I don't know if you've played it, but the remake of Family at Home 1 is already in development and there is episode 2 if you'd like to check it out.

Apologies for the confusion, hope you have a good night.
Timeline2023_1.png

3.50 star(s) 31 Votes