Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I tried this and I like it, but where am I supposed to find 700 bucks for date with receptionist?!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

2 and a half months have passed. I don't know about you, guys, but for me time just flashed by. I enjoyed creating the game so much that I didn't notice anything else, I was almost obsessed with work. And I am sorry to keep you waiting, but I would like to let you know that I'm almost done. So let's have a look at the results of these months and some ideas and conclusions I had drawn from them.
I finished all CG for Kate and Ashley and for Tiffany. I need to make only 2-3 more pictures for Lucy. I spent a lot of work and the events finally became closer to what I want. (That is for you to decide how good it is, of course, but in comparison to the demo, all pictures look much better.) Also plot is almost done.

Now let's talk about the lessons that I have learnt. Before I released the game, I had a lot of time and I could do the game as long as I wanted to. I was trying to make the game that I could enjoy to play myself, so the end result was always crucial for me. I didn't really care how much time I spent to create something. I could easily redo and rework everything, add anything, until the result seemed good for me. And I did that a lot in the demo. (One time I even rewrite the whole plot from the scratch.) BUT I believe I have no right and possibility to do it now, as people are waiting. Nobody want to wait too much, because they can't see the progress of the game. I don't want to wait either, because as a creator I have to see feedback. So I should make new updates as quick as possible and it's very important. But each time when I think that it's time to finish the work, I always realize that I still want to improve some things, as for example: add much more images in events, polish the dialogues, uncover more details and etc.

Creating and sharing the game is new thing to me and I probably still doing rookie mistakes, keep polishing and improving some things, even when the result is already pretty good and when I should be more focused on finishing the update rather than adding more content. (I was very delayed already, so I think I'll stop adding anything else in this update.) Anyway, I'm sure that I'm getting used to work on a tight schedule, and in future, I will learn to allocate my time better.

To do so I thought a lot about different ways of how to simplify 3d creation and creating the text; and not only without losing atmosphere, but maybe, even with improving the quality. For that reason, I may have to change the visual part of the game and reduce amount of text. But I will need your opinion, so after release of the game I will be making polls about it.

Enyo_

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2018
@Enyo Eerie man, where's the game?
we r still waiting Enyo :S
Thanks for waiting. I appreciate it. I didn't have much free time for the game this month, so I still didn't finish some things. Unfortunately, I can't say any exact dates of the release, because I'll continue to improve the game until I'm satisfied with the results.

ZAZARAZA

Jun 10, 2017
Thanks for waiting. I appreciate it. I didn't have much free time for the game this month, so I still didn't finish some things. Unfortunately, I can't say any exact dates of the release, because I'll continue to improve the game until I'm satisfied with the results.
Festina lente)

Reactions: Enyo_

OGRey

Jul 7, 2018
Thx man, really appreciate it. Btw your art is amazing, keep up the good work :=)

Reactions: Enyo_

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

All visual part of the game is ready and now I'm only refining the text and working on code. Plus, translation of the game is waiting ahead. But I still ask myself "will you like the text or not? Should I leave things as it is or make the text less serious?" That's why I keep rethinking and redoing some things over and over again.
Why am I doing this update so long?!

Let's start with the responsibility. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that quite a few people were interested in my game, despite just terrible amount of mistakes and huge amount of text with small amount of pictures. So I started to work on the game 100 times harder. Redoing the game and etc. Desire to do better had increased significantly, but capacity of my pc stayed the same. So the things that took one day before, now take at least 2-4 days.

Also I changed the approach to creating the game on every level. I accepted a lot of text even not the best quality in my opinion before and I wasn't very attentive to details. Now if I didn't like something, I just delete it. I know that more updates=more attention=more support. And it's not very smart to delay the release so long. I should do at least micro updates (fixing bugs and text errors).

I hope I gave at least small picture of why the game takes so much time. I want to emphasize that in future you will not have to wait so long. I have in my mind some reserved options of how to fasten the time of the new releases and I'll be glad to discuss the necessity of them with you after the update.

xxxDamonxxx

Jul 14, 2017
@Enyo Eerie , You do know that we're looking so forward for your game because it was so good. But it is taking a little bit longer than we expected. So can you atleasr give a an estimated time of realese?

Reactions: Jatputla

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

I did everything. The only thing left is translate the game. Because of long support of my patrons (plus I saved a little bit money myself) I was able to hire a translator. Of course he's not very skillful and expensive, but I believe it's a big improvement anyway. While translation is in the progress I'm finishing some things in the code and making new additional photos for the game.
So my goal is to release new update for 30$ in 10 days. But I can't say for sure, because now it's not only about me, but also about the translator. If he make his job without a delay, then it will definitely be in 10 days.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hi guys. I just want to give you an information on the development. Only 70% of the translation is done.
First translator was bad and I didn't like the work he did at all. Maybe he didn't do too much mistakes, but after he sent me his first results of the translation I saw that all atmosphere of my text was lost, but it's no surprise. In the process I just realized that for the amount of money that I had, there will be no good translation with the same atmosphere as in the original. It was naive to think different. But it's sad to see that all the work I put into the text is disappearing in front of my eyes. Next time I will be smarter and we'll be working less time on my native language and more time on English.

At the end, I hired 4 new translators to speed up the process. The result will be very interesting, I guess. :) After the release I'll make some polls where I'll ask your opinion about every part of the game to figure out who translates better. Still, in my opinion, their translations is far better than mine.

Anyway, all this took a lot of my time and I did very little work except dealing with this problems: comunicating with translators, sending them my comments, figuring out who's better and all that crap.

So what's ready: all dialogues of this update. What's left to do: event with Lucy, "Kate and Ashley" and Tiffany. They will be translated in 3-4 days. But after that I will need about 5 days to put all these things together and insert into the code.

So the release will be only in 10 days. I hope. Sorry for that.

3.60 star(s) 131 Votes