[Faerin Games] Mystwood Manor

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I dont like 3 main characters! the are not HOT enough..
Well, at least you're honest. Thing is the game won't be just made for you, it will be made for a few thousand more people as well, who may well disagree with your opinion, so I can't see them changing because you don't think they are hot enough, sorry to disappoint you

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Well, at least you're honest. Thing is the game won't be just made for you, it will be made for a few thousand more people as well, who may well disagree with your opinion, so I can't see them changing because you don't think they are hot enough, sorry to disappoint you
I dont say change because of me! its just my opinion.

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I find it refreshing when the characters aren't all insanely hot. It feels more realistic.
Yes, this is actually what the majority of votes in indicated as well:

3A) Girls looking like models (perfect face/body): 293
3B) More natural looking girls (including imperfections): 847

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

I'm now backing you on Patreon, sorry it wasn't sooner, I'll increase it when I can. :)

Reactions: Faerin

zitadoxoto

Dec 22, 2018
I am looking forward to play this game. :)

The gameplay (hotel management) could be very fun!

What I liked about "Man of the House" is that you didn't have to follow a narrative, you could follow only the girls you liked. I hope this game will have the same freedom.

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
I expect/hope to have at least a small teaser/demo sometime in the next month.

Hi Faerin. It's like you mention demo versions you can have in less than a month, so somewhere at the end of November from writing a post here. So okay, I think the demo version will not have translations yet, as it usually happens in demos, but maybe I will try to translate it somehow until there are languages (if they appear) so I'm waiting. Best regards .
(Sorry if it translated incorrectly into English, I don't have advanced English but I think it can be read and understood.)

Reactions: Faerin

vcghbfbem

Sep 13, 2016

Making more natural looking girls is good (and you can have a character like a supermodel or a miss stand out without thinking that alla are models), the downside is that each one has an idea how like the "more natural looking girl", so while with perfect girl one can complain (but at the end appreciate, how it happended in your first game), with a more plain girl there is the possibility that too much people would think that the characters are ugly, because they wanted a different "natural looking girl".

icke123

Apr 20, 2018
Are there several languages planned for the game again? If so, which ones?
I am happy to help with the German translation if required.
I'm very excited about the first teaser or a demo. I loved MotH.

Reactions: MotH_like25

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Making more natural looking girls is good (and you can have a character like a supermodel or a miss stand out without thinking that alla are models), the downside is that each one has an idea how like the "more natural looking girl", so while with perfect girl one can complain (but at the end appreciate, how it happended in your first game), with a more plain girl there is the possibility that too much people would think that the characters are ugly, because they wanted a different "natural looking girl".
In the end, it all comes down to personal preference, what one may consider beautiful, another may think of differently.

Are there several languages planned for the game again? If so, which ones?
I am happy to help with the German translation if required.
I'm very excited about the first teaser or a demo. I loved MotH.
Yes, probably about the same as for MotH (maybe excluding a few of the "minor" languages).
I already have 2 German translators, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks a lot for the offer!

Reactions: icke123

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
By the way, it would be very nice if you could make a Linux version of the game :)
Maybe when the game is finish, but not for the first release.

I already talked to Faerin about that and shared all information, which he needs to consider for a multi-platform port (Windows, Mac, Linux).

For example in Man of the House he used a 3rd party plugin (AVPro) as video player, which doesn't support Linux. This is one of the reasons why MotH doesn't have a native Linux build. At least MotH runs flawless via Wine compare to other games.

Reactions: Thermophob

spar

May 15, 2017
This game will not have graphic improvement?
Does the body have the same textures as MotH? Because from what I see it does.
Why use that male model and that of the teen girl? When they are such worn out models, they are in most games.
I feel really disappointed because I was waiting for something visual that made me say “oooh that looks spectacular” but it turned out to be “This project lacks innovation” in the visual.

Reactions: Ara-sH

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This game will not have graphic improvement?
We don't know. By now you should know that Faerin is a single guy, who's skills are more on the coding part as on the art. However, during MotH's development he improved his render and photoshop skills. But don't expect renders in style of Stoper, NLT or Motkeyz - these guys are professional artist with many years of experience in their field. If they would need to code something in C# they would fail as well as much as Faerin would fail in creating high-end images.

Reactions: Thermophob
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes