[Faerin Games] Mystwood Manor

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Anyway looking forward to the next game... is MotH truly finished ? I havent downloaded the "completed" version yet, as I remember you saying you may still add "bells and whistles" to the finished product.
The completed version is v1.0.2c and that is the final release, so this is as much bells and whistles as it's gonna get ;)
I might add an update/DLC for additional girls in the future, but that's not certain as of now.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
For anyone interested in Unity, there is currently a Unity bundle on Humble Bundle, it looks like it has some pretty neat stuff in it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
For anyone interested in Unity, there is currently a Unity bundle on Humble Bundle, it looks like it has some pretty neat stuff in it.
I wouldn't buy such a bundle, because who knows how those 3rd party plugins work together and who knows if they still work if one of them get an update...?!

I know a dev who use a paid obfuscate 3rd party plugin. So, after an Unity update the plugin started to cause a lot of problems. It took three weeks for the plugin dev to fix it and update his plugin to the newest Unity version.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I wouldn't buy such a bundle, because who knows how those 3rd party plugins work together and who knows if they still work if one of them get an update...?!

I know a dev who use a paid obfuscate 3rd party plugin. So, after a an Unity update the plugin started to cause a lot of problems. It took three weeks for the plugin dev to fix it and update his plugin to the newest Unity version.
It was more of a cheaper way to get the Unity School. I've never used Unity so I don't know how it works in that way.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
:poop:
Sorry, but this part is crap.

Ren'Py is limited to his pre-build archives, where in Unity Faerin use his own engine. And with his own engine he can create as many functions as he wants.
You can build an engine out of Unity only if you have the source code and actually make your own engine out of it.
Example: Gamebyro -> Creation Engine.
Ogre3D -> Neoaxis.

What you meant is having a framework.

Ying Ko

Jun 16, 2018
As for incest patches, you really don't get it. In short, it's easy only if Developer makes it easy. (Faerin did this in past game, you just need to edit simple textual file. Pretty much the same thing as did RenPy developers).
I can’t speak in regards to ease of implementation from a developer point of view, I can however speak in regards to ease of reimplementation from a non-tech savvy end user point of view. If the Unity developer decides not to create a workaround for said fetish content, we non-tech savvy end users have to go without. However if the same happens with Ren’Py games we can always UnRen the game and make the necessary text changes, Bob’s your uncle, landlady’s your mom. A couple of good examples of this would be Taffy Tales (Unity) and Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms (Unity), which both have had the fetish removed last year and have still not been patched.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
You can build an engine out of Unity only if you have the source code and actually make your own engine out of it.
Example: Gamebyro -> Creation Engine.
Ogre3D -> Neoaxis.

What you meant is having a framework.
As far as I understood Faerin he used engine/sub-engine or framework synonymously. But as you pointed it out it isn't quite accurate.

However, thank you for correcting me in this matter!

Reactions: Winterfire

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
If the Unity developer decides not to create a workaround for said fetish content, we non-tech savvy end users have to go without. However if the same happens with Ren’Py games we can always UnRen the game and make the necessary text changes....
It's because some tech-savy users made UnRen for you. It's certainly easier to manipulate with RenPy, as it's easier, less resource hungry, and most importantly, it's open-source, but in end, there are people who know how extract Unity games and make tools. Since there is far more RenPy games here, there is far more of user made tools for renpy.
Long story short, I understand how you feel, but you know just one side of story.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
There are extractors for Unity as well. If you know where to look/poke around enough, not only you can uncensor unity games but even alter text easily.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Guys can we get off this discussion between Ren'py and Unity, this was meant to be about Mystwood Manor, instead, it's turned into a debate over Ren'py and Unity
The game will be made in Unity, that's it end of debate, If you want to continue create another thread and argue to your heart's content there

Ying Ko

Jun 16, 2018
It's because some tech-savy users made UnRen for you. It's certainly easier to manipulate with RenPy, as it's easier, less resource hungry, and most importantly, it's open-source, but in end, there are people who know how extract Unity games and make tools. Since there is far more RenPy games here, there is far more of user made tools for renpy.
Long story short, I understand how you feel, but you know just one side of story.
You don’t say, I thought it was just farted out of the ether. I do understand that with increased commonality, a thing will experience a greater level of tinkering. I don’t wish to argue, I was just thought I would give my layman perspective.

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
maybe include link to Faerin’s patreon in OP? people should know who to direct their pledges to as dev is one of the chosen few who actually deliver (and has completed a game)

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
The idea seems nice but something is bothering me.
When you said "each day prestigious guests will come seeking room in your hotel and have unique demands" that does mean that they may ask to have their way with the girls of the staff? And if you say no ... will that make you the game harded?
Thanks for the answer.
No, it will not be a brothel or anything of that kind.
The romantic relationships will be between the MC and the girls (like in MotH).

However there will probably be some scenes including hotel guests, but that's a different matter ;)

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Why not...here is the first render of the three main characters:

View attachment 422770

You know what Faerin, this new person who is standing to the right of the hero Mystwood Manor, is already like me from Claire from MOTH, as if she already reminded her, so I can see another quit on my part to play her, and waiting for the release of " translating "if you can, of course. Best regards.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes