no_one_actually

Nov 28, 2019
Hey, MacOS user here.

I downloaded the latest release of the game and all my recent save files are corrupted with a given error. What is interesting, all my save files before page 17 are working - it is an end of some version, not sure the number but it was the discovery that the main antagonist with the gems is actually dead in the real world. All post save files (newer version I assume) are not working with a given error. I have more than 20 pages of saves and I would like to use them. Any ideas how to fix them? I've seen that I'm not the only one with this error but I have not found any solution yet. Always used pure game app MacOS version with no mods.

Cheers everyone!

Last working save files:
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 12.21.29.png
Not working save files:
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 12.21.37.png

Full error stack:
Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named revertable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 768, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Darwin-22.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.7.5
Wed Apr 17 12:04:23 2024
```

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Noooooo Say it isn't so,please!:cry:
Wait! Is that for real? Is he really trolling us that much? :HideThePain:
Jeez, of course not. It's fanart from someone on Discord who had the same idea as the others on what the 0.8 poster would be.

...That's not to say that there isn't a chance that Cari will see that and go "Hmm...that sounds like a GREAT idea," and render his own version to make it official. :HideThePain:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Jeez, of course not. It's fanart from someone on Discord who had the same idea as the others on what the 0.8 poster would be.

...That's not to say that there isn't a chance that Cari will see that and go "Hmm...that sounds like a GREAT idea," and render his own version to make it official. :HideThePain:
Yeah, that's the problem...you never know with him. Cari is like an amazing heel. You hate him, but you also love his work and want to see everything he does. :KEK:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, that's the problem...you never know with him. Cari is like an amazing heel. You hate him, but you also love his work and want to see everything he does. :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Been saying this for months about his cliffhangers and how he's gotten so much damn heel heat with those things!

Although...

Last edited:

Radish Cruton

Nov 14, 2017
That's because OIAL used preset poses and animations that barely had any wonkiness instead of custom-made ones. Cari barely modded his version of HS1 in order to keep it running on his potato laptop, so he rarely did the kind of custom stuff that the devs of Ripples and Pale Carnations do with their versions of HS1. It's only with HS2 that he basically spread his wings and started tinkering with the software to produce work that you don't normally get from presets and such.
I know. But I think my point stands, some of the new animations look strange because the character poses are awkward and don’t look good. Other animations look absolutely fantastic, better than anything I’ve seen in any other VN. And these fantastic animations can be just a few clicks away from the wonky ones. It’s… strange.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I know. But I think my point stands, some of the new animations look strange because the character poses are awkward and don’t look good. Other animations look absolutely fantastic, better than anything I’ve seen in any other VN. And these fantastic animations can be just a few clicks away from the wonky ones. It’s… strange.
/shrugs

We'll that's the price you pay for trying to make unique posing and animations as opposed to presets: sometimes it works, sometimes it's wonky. But to be frank, I'd rather take the wonky and let Cari and his team do their thing instead of falling back to using tried-and-tested shite that other amateur devs that're new to the scene are using.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
That doesn't contradict what I said, it expands it.
Yes, but that's just one theory of what could take place in 0.8. For all we know Cari could just do away with that and have Orion reach out to Caly while he's drifting in Limbo and she heals him then transports him back at the cost of her being stuck on the real world (which is a theory that I saw floating on Discord). Another would be Orion forgoing the trapped in Limbo/Eternum process by subconsciously activating his powers in the real. Again, lots of ways for Orion to get himself out of the situation if Cari wants to speed up the process instead of having the former go through a journey of self-reflection for a small chunk of the update.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yeah just back from work and 0.7.5 is released gonna relax and go through this gain
There really doesn't seem to be new content compared to 0.7, though. There simply were some fixes and minor changes in the inner workings of the game (as Sancho posted yesterday).

triffids

Jul 4, 2021
Hey, MacOS user here.

I downloaded the latest release of the game and all my recent save files are corrupted with a given error. What is interesting, all my save files before page 17 are working - it is an end of some version, not sure the number but it was the discovery that the main antagonist with the gems is actually dead in the real world. All post save files (newer version I assume) are not working with a given error. I have more than 20 pages of saves and I would like to use them. Any ideas how to fix them? I've seen that I'm not the only one with this error but I have not found any solution yet. Always used pure game app MacOS version with no mods.

Cheers everyone!

Last working save files:
View attachment 3548818
Not working save files:
View attachment 3548820

Full error stack:
Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 768, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "/Users/marek/Steam/worenwut/Eternum 2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Darwin-22.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.7.5
Wed Apr 17 12:04:23 2024
```
I hope you find a solution. Because I have the same problem and moving the saves over to PC didn't solve it.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I hope you find a solution. Because I have the same problem and moving the saves over to PC didn't solve it.
Google around. It seems to be a Renpy thing. I didn't see anything helpful, but I didn't see the problem either, so you might have better luck.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Now that I got over that damn cliffhanger, I'm kind of hoping for a funeral scene. Seeing all the girls in funeral veils and stockings will be a treat to help me come to terms with the dumbest death in VN history

4.80 star(s) 876 Votes