LongJohnnyWalker

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2024
Tbh wasn't expecting too much going in but was pleasantly surprised. So far I'm liking everything here - not-a-blank mc, well defined characters, the setting. Certainly a game to check for updates for.
Thank you for playing and the nice words!

I'm already making headway on v0.2, with a few new scenes written already. My plan is to start rendering new images by the middle of the month, and then I'll start updating the itch build whenever a scene is ready. Then, around the end of the month, I'll update here on F95, I want to have enough scenes to play to make a complete redownload worth it.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
There are CGs that do not appear in the game's scenes, is it me who made the wrong choices or did you put them in for future use?

LongJohnnyWalker

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2024
There are CGs that do not appear in the game's scenes, is it me who made the wrong choices or did you put them in for future use?
I know there's probably the banner and a handful of promo pictures (I know I have one where Ellen is standing on the mountain naked, that's not included anywhere). But in general, I would expect pretty much all images to be in the game.

In general, I work like this:
  1. Write the text
  2. insert placeholder "scene black at topleft with dis #todo"
  3. Create the scenes in DAZ for each #todo comment
  4. implement them in game.
So really, there shouldn't be any/many renders in the folder that aren't in the script, how did you track that?

Actually, that would be a good addition to my automated testing scripts, checking if there are any unused images that can be auto-removed before publishing. Thanks, I'll see what I can figure out

May 7, 2023
Reserving this first comment to post update notes later on to make them easy to see :)

I hope y'all enjoy this project, I poured a lot of time, effort and passion into it.

Right now, the game has 14,000 words of dialog, 212 renders, is fully (ElevenLabs-) voiced and as far as I can tell, there are no game-breaking bugs in any of the paths for the scenes that are already available. I set it up so that I can add new content in small, but more frequent batches, as well as near-instant bugfixes if anyone finds some.

If you do find bugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix them quickly. The game is also set up to auto-deploy new builds to itch, so if you end up supporting me you can use the itch app to download new patches automatically and never bother with manually downloading the monthly zip file.

That is all, I hope you enjoy this journey!
Why's it listed as a parody? What's it a parody of?

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
I know there's probably the banner and a handful of promo pictures (I know I have one where Ellen is standing on the mountain naked, that's not included anywhere). But in general, I would expect pretty much all images to be in the game.

In general, I work like this:
  1. Write the text
  2. insert placeholder "scene black at topleft with dis #todo"
  3. Create the scenes in DAZ for each #todo comment
  4. implement them in game.
So really, there shouldn't be any/many renders in the folder that aren't in the script, how did you track that?

Actually, that would be a good addition to my automated testing scripts, checking if there are any unused images that can be auto-removed before publishing. Thanks, I'll see what I can figure out
The scene concerning images 99 to 111 which in the script should start with: 'Have a drink with Patty' and the scene of images 188 to 197 which corresponds to: 'Take a hike with Jay'. going on it tells me for both scenes that these have not yet been shot etc etc and closes the game. Plus if at the beginning of the story you don't go to the sheriff's house but to the hotel and talk to the hotelier you end up in an endless loop.

Last edited:

LongJohnnyWalker

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2024
The scene concerning images 99 to 111 which in the script should start with: 'Have a drink with Patty' and the scene of images 188 to 197 which corresponds to: 'Take a hike with Jay'. going on it tells me for both scenes that these have not yet been shot etc etc and closes the game. Plus if at the beginning of the story you don't go to the sheriff's house but to the hotel and talk to the hotelier you end up in an endless loop.
Oh yeah, those scenes are not part of this release, that's true. I'm still writing / rendering them, that's where I made the cutoff.

Someone already reported the bug with the hotel and I have it fixed in the next release, thank you for reporting it!

Reactions: Geko1711

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Oh yeah, those scenes are not part of this release, that's true. I'm still writing / rendering them, that's where I made the cutoff.

Someone already reported the bug with the hotel and I have it fixed in the next release, thank you for reporting it!
You left many images and led me to think that I had made bad choices and had not seen them. As a habit I always check at the end of the game if the CGs match or I missed scenes. Anyway, the game is cute and in my opinion maybe a bit improvable in terms of graphics and posing of the FMC and various characters. Thanks for sharing and for your attention.

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
View attachment 3248294
Night scenes in Daz are definitely not easy :D
Hi. I think you should consider using HDRI. They can give quality lighting without using additional light tools (except point light to create soft shadows), additionally they can reduce the render time of the scene and add backgrounds behind the back of the render, which makes them a bit more natural and realistic. In this render (and some others, ex. first screenshot in thread), you can see that the back behind the trees is just empty. But that's all up to your discretion.

Keep up the good work and don't quit, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Good luck.

Reactions: LongJohnnyWalker

LongJohnnyWalker

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2024
Hi. I think you should consider using HDRI. They can give quality lighting without using additional light tools (except point light to create soft shadows), additionally they can reduce the render time of the scene and add backgrounds behind the back of the render, which makes them a bit more natural and realistic. In this render (and some others, ex. first screenshot in thread), you can see that the back behind the trees is just empty. But that's all up to your discretion.

Keep up the good work and don't quit, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Good luck.
Hi, thank you! I am, in fact, using HDRIs here, I just disable the background show because otherwise there would be city lights and cars visible etc., depending on the HDRI used. I downloaded some nighttime HDRIs from nature, but they were far too dark for any proper use and the lighting didn't turn out interesting, so I'm using a city-at-night HDRI here :)

Badborg

Mar 5, 2019
I normally play games with all sounds off, but I am really loving the voiced characters. The descriptive text is written very well. I look forward to seeing some animation and other development as your art evolves. Well done.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LongJohnnyWalker

LongJohnnyWalker

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2024
I normally play games with all sounds off, but I am really loving the voiced characters. The descriptive text is written very well. I look forward to seeing some animation and other development as your art evolves. Well done.
Thank you! I'm in the same boat with the voices, I wasn't sure if I would like it or not - I originally built the script to generate them as a technical challenge to see if I could do it. But now, I really enjoy it, especially with auto-advance-text turned on. Very enjoyable to play through as I'm testing things.

Also, thanks for the nice words! The next update will have two animations and I have already written / rendered a whole bunch of new story/renders :)

Reactions: Badborg

LongJohnnyWalker

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2024
Android port please and thank you
Android version please and thank you
android pls.
Guy please android version :(
I spent some time today learning how to build android builds, I published one to the Patreon page, but I still need to test if everything works correctly. Next update here will include builds for MAC/PC/ANDROID.

ETA for new update is end of the month, I already finished v0.2 for the Patreon early access and now will test on android if I can play all scenes start to finish, as well as working on the next episode.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes