3.00 star(s) 23 Votes

Carryon

Apr 19, 2017
Just downloaded this because I do love me some card game. I immediately have the suggestion that the game really should have a 'slow mode' of some sort that you can toggle where you have to manually click when the opponent plays cards before it moves on to the next. It's sort of overwhelming when you start the game for the first time and the opponent plays like 5 cards in the span of two seconds and you have no clue what the hell is going on.

EDIT: This is not actually a problem after all. I just went against the enemy with the card that has them play a bunch of cards in succession as like my first fight. The pace is reasonable enough otherwise.

Last edited:

Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
Was surprised by how good it is... And god the music is amazing, not a 10/10 but easily a 8, if not 9

Carryon

Apr 19, 2017
Right, been playing for a couple of hours, have finished the campaign with over half the available Motifs, and I have not lost once except in the first twenty or so minutes where I was trying to wrap my head around things. People in this thread seem to complain a lot about how battles are too hard or too RNG or whatnot, but if anything this game seems very forgiving as far as card games go.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
People in this thread seem to complain a lot about how battles are too hard or too RNG or whatnot
Because they're right. Even the newest mode has minimal deck building, and even that part is still rng based. Sure, you can stomp certain decks with others, Deathgrip comes to mind, but since it is still a rng based game, you can get smoked pretty hard and fast just because you never got the cards that you needed. An example is a deck that fills the board with minions, if you can't get your cards that can kill them, or rather the mana to use those cards, you're out. Even worse as the boss always has better cards than you. It tends to make for a game that you either one through luck, or just your deck being better than the boss's. Another example is having your deck around doomsday while the boss's is around gaining life and armor. You only have to tank a bit and clear their minions and you win in a set number of turns, even without speeding it up. It's fine if this is your thing, but don't act high and mighty when it isn't for others.

Reactions: papel

Carryon

Apr 19, 2017
I've now cleared the game with 75% of the Motifs and still haven't lost even a single time. Every Motif has had answers of some sort against every enemy deck encountered. If you're getting flooded, you're just not very good at card games, sorry to say.

Reactions: rupuka

Flugelbozz

Nov 12, 2018
They were mostly complaining about version 1.0, like promote cards had overridden whatever stat you had instead of giving you the amount and some cards just straight up refused to do what they say. Some people still pro and manage to win even with those conditions but as a casual who barely ever touches card games I couldnt win with all characters
1.0.3 fixed (mostly) everything and 1.1 introduced gauntlet. Pretty good

Last edited:

Sortiara

Apr 24, 2022
2 other problems in the earlier releases were not being able to inspect the decks and no tutorial, in the current version you can inspect your deck and the opponents deck, as for the tutorial, it's on the devs road map for the game.

Carryon

Apr 19, 2017
Yeah, early version issues could explain the complaints, I hadn't properly considered that. Regardless, the current version has the difficulty in a decent place imo. I didn't feel like I was at the mercy of the RNG at any point, since the clocks the enemy decks put on you are relatively lenient.

TwistedXOXO

Jul 23, 2022
I came to complain about how easy the game was, resulting in a boring grind to mid animation, (good art at least) but I realize that I am in the minority. I guess the difficulty is fine then, game def would benefit from more customization options. Feels weird for a game like this to not let you construct your own deck.

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
Hope the dev finds a way to migrate builds to Godot, now that the Unity ecosystem seems to have imploded by EAitis...

Otherwise, super neat art, serviceable gameplay.

Raoul9753

Aug 22, 2020
The concept is good, the gameplay is smooth and works well, but a point I need to call out is the balancing.
The undead Deck is busted as fuck, when you get it as an enemy, you have to be very lucky to win, and if you play with it you really have to try hard to loose.

(Tested it only in Forest map and Wizard Tower)

Scud74

Oct 12, 2017
The art is good, but the gameplay is boring. I was specting animations with some cards involving the corresponding character during a match... and the defeat animations are pretty bad, they look like SWF animations from 2005.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karnewarrior

Freshedde

Apr 29, 2022
honestly idk what people are talking about with the difficulty, i honestly just play my cards in the right order and win with basically any deck.

Reactions: slipgreen

slipgreen

Oct 3, 2018
Really liked the game! any interest in releasing on GoG? I want to pay for it to contribute to the dev but man I really dont like steam drm...

Reactions: GokutheG
3.00 star(s) 23 Votes