• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
1.30 star(s) 4 Votes

gantos

Feb 24, 2018
This game is garbage, but I would suggest the folks hating on it purely because AI was used (badly) to create it.
Might want to start reorienting their approach. What we have now isn't actually what most people consider to be "AI", it's just expert systems with some bells and whistles.
However, AI is coming there is no stopping it.

TheMud

Oct 25, 2018
Why many people so hostile towards AI? is it bad?
People initially lashed out against AI because certain bad actors in the AI "community" immediately started using it to gloat about how the robots were going to take the artists' jobs.
Now we're lashing out because the hyped-up claims of how AI was going to enable creators with dreams but no artistic skills to bring their ideas to life gave way to the stark reality of piles upon piles of low-effort shovelware dwarfing the numbers that used to come out before AI.

Burma

May 22, 2018
It's not that simple to make good art, AI needs direction, without it.... it would just spill some generic stuff. Yes it looks good, but it would get boring very fast if every game looks the same.

It's up to the artists what would they do, if they don't try to use or learn AI and are just against it... want to ban it and so on... that's the worst possible way to go ahead. Because we have to know how developed an AI is... banning it, would make it go underground or only "for the military" which is the best way something like Skynet or something other and more dangerous is born. AI will either become part of our life or it will destroy us, there is just no way "around". So I vastly prefer the first option.
As a 3D artist myself, I have experimented with different AIs and generated many images. Based on my experience, I have a bleak outlook on the future of artists, especially on a smaller scale. With further development, there's not much hope for artists. AI will be able to do everything better than humans, it's not that artists, voice actors, and programmers are in a high-risk group. It's no wonder that many jobs will eventually be taken over by AI. This is also already evident from the successful use of AI in medicine and law.

Artists are currently in a difficult position, even though some argue that AI will help them, I disagree. In the past, hundreds of people worked on farms during the harvest season until tractors were invented, while now there are only a few people there at most. Similarly, AAA game like "The Last of Us Part II" had over 200 artists involved in its development, including 3D artists, concept artists, animators, lighting artists, UI designers, and some others. I can say with confidence that at the very least 90% of these people are losing their jobs when AI gets just a bit better. The demand for artists will be lower, the pay will be smaller, and artists will be unhappy in this cruel world that takes from us the ability to eat with the help of our creativity and the work we love so much. Many of these people will fail to find a job in this already very competitive market and will just go and make their own games, which will not be necessarily good. There'll be just more mediocre games at best, with a few gems here and there, of course, but most will just ultimately fail to feed their families. While companies adopting AI will profit GREATLY by not paying salaries for 90% of artists that will no longer be present. (I will also say that games may come down in price because of that, which will be beneficial for consumers and make them elated, but we know they wouldn't support us anyways, so yeah..)

I just hope that the pirate community will go crazy and set sail to deliver justice to people.

P.S. I'm not trying to have an extremely pessimistic view, I just see things as an artist, also I just hope that humanity will not purge itself.

Reactions: Nowit
Jun 28, 2020
This game is garbage, but I would suggest the folks hating on it purely because AI was used (badly) to create it.
Might want to start reorienting their approach. What we have now isn't actually what most people consider to be "AI", it's just expert systems with some bells and whistles.
However, AI is coming there is no stopping it.
Its not about being hostile towards AI. Its about being hostile towards low effort "developers" that are using AI to mind numbingly do all the work of their games and produce shovelware. ESPECIALLY when the very first thing they do is setup a patreon for the game lmao.

Dubolic

Nov 17, 2022
Damn, the artwork is great. Though considering the low stars, I ain't touching this. Shame.

I have a question for the ppl who're saying that AI art will look generic and boring in the future, won't the AI have copied the different styles as well? I mean, there's gotta be a shit ton of styles that it already copied.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Wonder when we are going to see someone making a game that uses AI for assistance instead of the whole work.
Canova the Neoclassicist sculptor was very profilic, this is because he had a team of assistant, they would sculpt the rough shape of it and he would finish the job in the parts that distinguish a novice from a master.

This is like using Motion capture without a cleanup, because yeah those tools help but they can't make the whole animation.
I see a Japanese ciecle(forgot the circle name) in Ci-En who used AI to polish their work, which is an ero-manga but polished with AI drawing

MrFloppa

Nov 18, 2021
¿Alguien sabe de otro juego de danmachi?
Recuerdo haber jugado un rpg con animaciones de koikatsu

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
It's surprisingly good actually, like the lighting and the tone... But of course, AI would overgloss everything, but again the results are quite good for an AI polishing
I think an actual artist using AI in the context of improving blemishes in their own work and then touching up any mistakes the AI makes is an actual good use for AI. I get the hesitance and I'm personally not a big fan of AI either but it's similar to how people use it to write code in that context. You can have ChatGPT pump out a Python script that checks an encrypted file against every ascii hex value up to a point you want, but the code it puts out is probably not going to work without you knowing where to fix the mistakes it makes.

Reactions: BlackElite

BlueCrystal

Dec 19, 2018
Well, think of it as early experiment of what ~90% (art, plot, text) of the game made with AI would look like. People can use it as a measuring base for the future games made like this.

Aug 28, 2018
I have a question for the ppl who're saying that AI art will look generic and boring in the future, won't the AI have copied the different styles as well? I mean, there's gotta be a shit ton of styles that it already copied.
Yep, the models are trained by ripping data from the boorus and by using booru tags as prompts you can already copy the style of a certain artist as long as there are enough samples of said artist for the AI.

it all looks the same and really has no individuality/style about it, can normally tell if its ai from just a glance so didnt even notice the 6 fingers till i looked at these comments :LOL:
Bruh, can you help me out? I kinda forgot which of these are AI generated and which are not.

1684704479941.png 1684704491841.png 1684704523742.png 1684704583137.png 1684704707246.png 1684705134294.png

onore

Feb 15, 2020
this game shouldve been called "is it wrong to fuck girls in a dungeon?" then again there's probably a doujin titled that already

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
Yep, the models are trained by ripping data from the boorus and by using booru tags as prompts you can already copy the style of a certain artist as long as there are enough samples of said artist for the AI.
This is why people don't like AI art.
Effort is irrelevant compared to the end result. You can put thousands of hours of effort into a game and drawing assets, but if they don't look good at the end it doesn't matter. People won't play your game because you 'put effort in it'; the same is for pictures. It doesn't matter how much effort you put into drawing your naked characters, if they don't look good people wont jerk off to them.

As for the art of Hestia here, even with the hand error, and all other stuff, it still looks more attractive than a good 70% of the games here. You don't like the art of a game? Don't play, this game doesn't take away anything from other games, it's not like you can only play a game a day so you have to decide between this or playing something else. Many probably don't like this, whether because of the script, art or how the game plays, but some will.

Who cares if 100 people don't like this game and 10 people do? It's not like those 100 people lost something, but, on the other hand, those 10 people did gain something: a game they liked. Plus, it's exactly stuff like this that makes people want to do more AI stuff, and eventually people that also want to make something good and polished will come.
If this is the kinda shit someone likes then their brain is so infused with cum they need to get outside and breathe some fresh air.

Aug 28, 2018
This is why people don't like AI art.
Thats a fair point, but if you look at it more closely humans learn the same way. We watch what others did and what works. Copy whats good throw away whats bad. I dont think we should put blame on the AI tools. If you want to blame someone then its the person using said tools to copy an artists style. Just like an artist who copies another artists style gets shit on too.

1.30 star(s) 4 Votes