1.30 star(s) 4 Votes

easy85

Apr 16, 2018
You'd think that gameplay, story, systems, dialogues, etc. would benefit from time saved by AI generated art. You'd think there would be more content, too. But no... it's the opposite.
I tried ~5 of those games in the recent month with AI art and all of them were hot garbage, often unplayable because of bugs. Somehow they are even worse than the most generic RPG maker crap.

Triedanted

Apr 4, 2021
its not a question of looking better. Its a question of effort and individuality. If you use AI it all looks the same. But thats true about some 3D Vn projects that all use the same model. However where that now differs is effort. AI generators don't put any effort into their craft. If you're going to AI stop using the default fucking models and try making your OWN model. That way you can highly specialize and train your own level of artstyle with the AI. Manually touching up images to make them less error prone. But literally none of these pump and dump devs do this. because they don't want to. The whole point of them using AI is they were too lazy to try and make art prior, or they didn't want to pay someone. Which is fair. But then they carry of this non-effort with this AI generating tool and it shows how little they give a fuck about their shovelware shit game. Its all just for quick money, period.

just because you can doesnt mean you should. i wouldnt be surprised if they used chatGPT to write the code for these dog shit games considering how each one always has tons of errors and bugs every single time. or I wouldnt be surprised if they AI generate the entire dialogue.
Effort is irrelevant compared to the end result. You can put thousands of hours of effort into a game and drawing assets, but if they don't look good at the end it doesn't matter. People won't play your game because you 'put effort in it'; the same is for pictures. It doesn't matter how much effort you put into drawing your naked characters, if they don't look good people wont jerk off to them.

As for the art of Hestia here, even with the hand error, and all other stuff, it still looks more attractive than a good 70% of the games here. You don't like the art of a game? Don't play, this game doesn't take away anything from other games, it's not like you can only play a game a day so you have to decide between this or playing something else. Many probably don't like this, whether because of the script, art or how the game plays, but some will.

Who cares if 100 people don't like this game and 10 people do? It's not like those 100 people lost something, but, on the other hand, those 10 people did gain something: a game they liked. Plus, it's exactly stuff like this that makes people want to do more AI stuff, and eventually people that also want to make something good and polished will come.

Last edited:

Moosy

Feb 10, 2018
Dude could've at least edited the hands. Like, he could've put at least some minimal effort into his cash grab.

Burma

May 22, 2018
One day we're going to see an RPG Maker game with a plot written by AI, with AI cg and it'll have an MTL. It'll be the day the laziest game ever was made and uploaded. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if its already happened with the amount of absolute shit that's been uploaded to DLsite.
Well, day by day it gets better, so one day we'll all fap to AI CG. (Now there's even text-to-3D Model AI, I'm scared that there's no future for Artists...)

Mar 25, 2022
oh god theyre already starting to use ai art for games now, hope it doesnt become a trend cus it all looks the same and really has no individuality/style about it, can normally tell if its ai from just a glance so didnt even notice the 6 fingers till i looked at these comments :LOL:

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
Well, day by day it gets better, so one day we'll all fap to AI CG. (Now there's even text-to-3D Model AI, I'm scared that there's no future for Artists...)
It's not that simple to make good art, AI needs direction, without it.... it would just spill some generic stuff. Yes it looks good, but it would get boring very fast if every game looks the same.

It's up to the artists what would they do, if they don't try to use or learn AI and are just against it... want to ban it and so on... that's the worst possible way to go ahead. Because we have to know how developed an AI is... banning it, would make it go underground or only "for the military" which is the best way something like Skynet or something other and more dangerous is born. AI will either become part of our life or it will destroy us, there is just no way "around". So I vastly prefer the first option.

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
If it wasn't for those multi-fingers and other small fuck-ups AI works would already be better than vast majority of the so-called 'artists.' :whistle::coffee:
It's these, as you out them, ''so called artists'' that have been the pillars of the H content industry you have consuming for years.
You know whats worse about AI art?
Some poor fuckers out there had all their work traced by a learning algorithm and will eventually have all their works accused of being AI generated just because it looks so similar.

And now AI is learning how to 3D too.
Remember when this site had a shitload of HoneySelect clone games? Like the ones people don't even bother animating by hand, just toss in a pose and crop the backrounds off? Yeah get ready for that on a AI generated scale.
And what even worse than that ? People who have been consuming content from these artists for years not giving a single fck.
Ungrateful, single-minded consumers the whole lot, all they can think about is ''Ohh I can't wait for the Ai Art to get better so I can wank to it ''.

Last edited:

Jonathan Y

Dec 1, 2020
It's usually many different art sources combined together. I do think that it's best to support human artists, but human artists also learn by seeing other people's artwork.
That's like comparing a tiny ant carrying a small, minuscule piece of food to a grown aurochs bull carrying whole carriage. I've seen this argument before and honestly it's ''technically'' the same but the scales of the two comparisons are like havean and earth.
Listen, when a artist references something, they still leave their own ''fingerprint'', like their own style, their flaws, that's how so many different artstyles were created in the first place, that's how art is so diverse.
And sure they use one, two maybe even three inspiration sources at most.

Ai on the other hand ? It's algorithm has been fed MILLIONS of artworks, and it mashes them together to fit a bunch of keywords, but doesn't ultimately add anything new, that's why they all looks the same.
These companies took without any permission millions of artworks.
From the beginning of the internet, artists have been posted their work online, thinking they would share it with the world, it would inspire others, make a career out of something their passionate about.

Imagine the hours, years, of their life people spent to create all the art that's been posted on the internet in the last few decade or so, all of would ultimately end up being their downfall, because some companies came along and used them to ultimately make their art and themselves obsolete.

And the consumers ? We don't care, nobody cares. When autonomation was coming for the jobs of factory workers what did everyone think ? ''Oh that's just the way the cloak spins, those low wage workers should get a new job or a better education''.
Now it's artists, voice actors. Ai can even have better answers than doctors.
It's scary and dangerous and all consumers think about it's their own comfort it brings, until they themselves are on the chopping block.

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
This makes me wonder. Is the "Sprite" also made by Ai or did the dev just cut out the background?

1.30 star(s) 4 Votes