HTML Dune – Breeding a Dynasty [v0.1.1] [lmno]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Should we change the artstyle to the new version posted [here](/post-12150541)?

• I don't like either, but the old style is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
You're disregarding a lot of things there. The personalization of politics made marriage the most common way to forge an alliance, and status did matter, as the story, too, states. If you're the dauphin of France, there are very few bachelors in Europe you could conceivably wed. After all, they do have to conceive, and with infant mortality being what is was, more than once. House Habsburg was the exception, not the rule. Bastards had been common.

Chinese Sons of Heaven and Turkish Sultans never bothered with it, taking dozens of concubines, but they ruled far more centralized realms, issuing their orders to bureaucrats, not barons.
Well, there are different points of view regarding the culture and time moment in history, as we, the players will end "Breeding a Dynasty" as the game states and taking note of the
tag then, i'm taking note of those Dynasties in which incest was... How the hell i must said it? Near Normalized? Like could be the Egyptians, the Roman Emperors of the Julio-Cladian Dinasty and as you stated the Hapsburg House of Spain... But it doesn't matter, there was a time that the European Monarchy was really worried about their diseases because there was proof of certain of the proximity in the parentage they were having serious health issues, still nowadays have although the fact they are now taking marriage with more "commoners"...

But who the hell cares about the personalization of politics?, This is Dune with incest not the vanilla version of Frank Herbert, a setting in a dystopian future, there's gene manipulation by science and even the shenanigan plot device of the Bene Gesserit, there's enough stuff for the Atreides House in the fucking book to perpetuate their own Dynasty via incest, but Frankie liked worms it seems...

Reactions: ShiftCognit

Elf Truck

Feb 1, 2023
The new style looks bit more... generic, I guess? More similar to the art used in most other ai cg games, if that makes sense. Third pic especially. It's not bad, just less stylized. If it helps with developing the game faster, you should go for the new style, the differnce isn't huge.

Nov 13, 2017
Hello Dune Chads!

Just leaving a message here to let you know we are still actively developing the game. The process requires time but it'll be worth it.

For now I wanted to bring a question to you all:
We have been looking at developing/altering the artstyle of the game, I'll leave some example comparisons on this post of the new style I have been working on. This would require remaking almost all assets (not backgrounds) currently included in chapter one. The reason we've decided to do this is for increasing development speeds, the current artstyle requires a fair amount of tweaking and post-processing which we would like to streamline. This new artstyle has been chosen as each image will need less tweaking and manual editing to produce something of higher quality.

With regards to the images below, these new images have been UNEDITED so please ignore any minor errors that appear as these will be removed/fixed before release. (All the new images are in the same style, not multiple styles)

I'll also be creating a new poll in the thread so if you like what you see (or not), please vote!
Which side is new? The right side? I like the left side more 100%. The girls look softer and more feminine with the less harsh shading.

Edit: Didn't see the text on the bottom. New style definitely!

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
Hello Dune Chads!

Just leaving a message here to let you know we are still actively developing the game. The process requires time but it'll be worth it.

For now I wanted to bring a question to you all:
We have been looking at developing/altering the artstyle of the game, I'll leave some example comparisons on this post of the new style I have been working on. This would require remaking almost all assets (not backgrounds) currently included in chapter one. The reason we've decided to do this is for increasing development speeds, the current artstyle requires a fair amount of tweaking and post-processing which we would like to streamline. This new artstyle has been chosen as each image will need less tweaking and manual editing to produce something of higher quality.

With regards to the images below, these new images have been UNEDITED so please ignore any minor errors that appear as these will be removed/fixed before release. (All the new images are in the same style, not multiple styles)

I'll also be creating a new poll in the thread so if you like what you see (or not), please vote!
BOTH are quite decent , people dont want picasso or da vinci around

best is to do twice the amount of renders with the main(s) love interest . be the old or the new they look quite good.

please update soon T-T cause us greedy horny bunch

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Where can we support your work?
There isn't any. Neither of the devs currently have any Patreon/Subscribestar/Itch.io accounts, unless this changes in the future.

Despite that though, good thing is that they seem to be pretty huge fans of Dune books (and the other Dune game Behind the Dune) hence seem very passionate about this game's development.

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Hi everyone!

Just giving you an update on the current state of development. Currently chapter 2 is well underway and is starting to flesh out nicely. So, after a lot of delays, distractions and procrastination, we're back on track, making new stuff and aiming for an update.

Expect a continuation of our main storyline (loosely following the original book) along side some new side content for you all to enjoy, including repeatable events, gameplay features and new characters!

One thing to note, this chapter is big. Like really big. After all, the story will no longer take place on a tiny transport. That means we will release the next chapter in several parts. We think that a sensible estimate for a release date would be around late January to early February. That way there will be enough new content for it to be worth playing. This may change depending on our progress (life getting in the way and all that) but we'll be sure to keep you all updated.

The first release of chapter 2 will also include the revamped and remade images for chapter 1, so be sure to replay that!

Seeing as we've kept you waiting for so long, we decided to include a little teaser for now. Read a snippet of one of the new scenes below!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And of course, here's another teaser of some new images for both chapter 1 & 2. Enjoy!

We hope you all have a happy holiday season!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hi everyone!

Just giving you an update on the current state of development. Currently chapter 2 is well underway and is starting to flesh out nicely. So, after a lot of delays, distractions and procrastination, we're back on track, making new stuff and aiming for an update.

Expect a continuation of our main storyline (loosely following the original book) along side some new side content for you all to enjoy, including repeatable events, gameplay features and new characters!

One thing to note, this chapter is big. Like really big. After all, the story will no longer take place on a tiny transport. That means we will release the next chapter in several parts. We think that a sensible estimate for a release date would be around late January to early February. That way there will be enough new content for it to be worth playing. This may change depending on our progress (life getting in the way and all that) but we'll be sure to keep you all updated.

The first release of chapter 2 will also include the revamped and remade images for chapter 1, so be sure to replay that!

Seeing as we've kept you waiting for so long, we decided to include a little teaser for now. Read a snippet of one of the new scenes below!

And of course, here's another teaser of some new images for both chapter 1 & 2. Enjoy!

We hope you all have a happy holiday season!
Thanks for the update on the progress!
Looking forward to getting back into Chapter 1 and of course Chapter 2.

Also....

2441915-bigthumbnail.png

Reactions: lmno
Jan 18, 2021
Thanks for giving us hope, and a small preview of the new text and images!

My first thought when I saw the images before reading the new scene snippet was: "Who is that flat-chested girl in the third image? Could this be Alia?" But then I realized that it is too early in the story and Alia is probably not born yet.

Reactions: Arnav Dasari

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

My first thought when I saw the images before reading the new scene snippet was: "Who is that flat-chested girl in the third image? Could this be Alia?" But then I realized that it is too early in the story and Alia is probably not born yet.

The third image is one of the new characters, Alia won't be present for chapter 2

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020

It would be too early...

Jan 18, 2021
It would be too early...
I know, because in the books Alia is Duke Leto's daughter, so of course she must have been conceived before the tragic events of the first Dune book.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes