• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Dreams of Desire Ep 12: Gallery Unlocker and Bugfixes Mod [v5.2] [bas]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
when you use scene unlocker, some scenes light up in pink and there is a variable. does it actually change anything in the scenes ?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
when you use scene unlocker, some scenes light up in pink and there is a variable. does it actually change anything in the scenes ?
Yes - click on that variable to toggle it the play the scene to see the difference.

derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
Fantastic mod. I would've never seen more than two endings endings without it. Way too much effort otherwise.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
If I restart the game and save and then load this save all is ok. If i load the save made before this mod i gt the error. I i load the same save without the mod is ok. I attach the save.
Try hitting the "Rollback" option in the bottom left when you get the error. I loaded your save, got the same error, hit "Rollback" and it let me continue playing.

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
So, I'm having trouble using this at all. I downloaded the latest version of DoD, unzipped this into the "game" folder, and tried a few things- using the scene unlocker, when I go to any character within the scenes menu, I get an exception, and rolling back twice will simply dump to desktop, and ignoring doesn't work either.

Second really odd thing; I previously played Ch11 of the game, and I unzipped Ch12 into a completely different folder and did NOT transfer my saves (i.e. go into Ch11 version\game and copy "saves" folder to CH12 edition), but all my previous saves are still visible. Clearly something in Ch12 isn't liking my previous saves, but I can't get it to "unsee" my existing saves.

Additionally, I've no idea how to use the "in-game" cheats. The description says it's got an ending chooser, but how do I access that? Once I'm in-game, there's no button I see, or instructions with the cheat mod to tell me how to activate it.

Edit- to clarify- even with simply starting Ch12, starting a new game, saving (all the other saves are still there), then going to unlock scenes, it blows up.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
So, I'm having trouble using this at all. I downloaded the latest version of DoD, unzipped this into the "game" folder, and tried a few things- using the scene unlocker, when I go to any character within the scenes menu, I get an exception, and rolling back twice will simply dump to desktop, and ignoring doesn't work either.

Second really odd thing; I previously played Ch11 of the game, and I unzipped Ch12 into a completely different folder and did NOT transfer my saves (i.e. go into Ch11 version\game and copy "saves" folder to CH12 edition), but all my previous saves are still visible. Clearly something in Ch12 isn't liking my previous saves, but I can't get it to "unsee" my existing saves.

Additionally, I've no idea how to use the "in-game" cheats. The description says it's got an ending chooser, but how do I access that? Once I'm in-game, there's no button I see, or instructions with the cheat mod to tell me how to activate it.

Edit- to clarify- even with simply starting Ch12, starting a new game, saving (all the other saves are still there), then going to unlock scenes, it blows up.
Before we delete all your saves, can you please post one of the error messages here in spoiler tags?

Like this:
Code:
[spoiler]
error message text
[/spoiler]

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
OK- here's what I'm getting:
You have the Ep 12 v1.0.2 General, and I've only made the mod to work with the Elite Extras version of Ep12 v1.0.1 available on the forum. So if you download either the full v1.0.0 and the patch linked in the OP, or Pepe's compressed version, this mod will work. Hope that helps.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Save to use with Ep 12 1.0.3 ?
Assuming you mean "Safe to use" - yes :) I haven't tested it, but the mod is non-destructive. If it breaks stuff, you can just delete the mod.

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
OK, so... apparently downloading the version available on F95 instead of the current patreon version fixed the issue with the scene unlocker, but I'm still missing what is meant by "ending choice" you're advertising for the cheat; I started from the beginning of the Ch12 content, and played through to the end, and got zero additional gameplay choices or onscreen buttons with the cheat installed, it simply went to the ending I get without the cheat.

I also find it mysterious that the only scenes that "appear" to be misssing are scenes prior to chapter 12, despite the ending I'm getting clearly being the "tracy" route (i.e. the mom and younger sister are both indicated to be lost after the conflict, only tracy is still "happy"). Pretty darn sure there's missing scenes for both the mother and younger sister characters that the scene unlocker isnt... unlocking- but there's no "?" scenes displayed nor new scenes which show up at the end when I click to unlock all scenes.

Some instructions letting us know what we should expect or look for would be awfully helpful.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
OK, so... apparently downloading the version available on F95 instead of the current patreon version fixed the issue with the scene unlocker, but I'm still missing what is meant by "ending choice" you're advertising for the cheat; I started from the beginning of the Ch12 content, and played through to the end, and got zero additional gameplay choices or onscreen buttons with the cheat installed, it simply went to the ending I get without the cheat.

I also find it mysterious that the only scenes that "appear" to be misssing are scenes prior to chapter 12, despite the ending I'm getting clearly being the "tracy" route (i.e. the mom and younger sister are both indicated to be lost after the conflict, only tracy is still "happy"). Pretty darn sure there's missing scenes for both the mother and younger sister characters that the scene unlocker isnt... unlocking- but there's no "?" scenes displayed nor new scenes which show up at the end when I click to unlock all scenes.

Some instructions letting us know what we should expect or look for would be awfully helpful.
There are detailed instructions and screenshots in the OP on how to use the mod. There's also instructions in the OP that tell you what version of the game the mod is compatible with.

You have to enable cheats through the prompt when you install the mod, or through the options menu. When you do and play through to the end of the game, you get a menu with all the possible endings. From the developer console you can type "jump endings" if you don't want to play through to go straight to the endings.

As for the scenes - the developer decided what should be in the replay system, not me. I made a mod that allows you to see all of the content they flagged for replay.

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
Curious- I made sure cheats were enabled in the main options screen, I played through from just after the end of chapter 11 (warehouse with tracy), through the end of the game- and the post-conflict-resolution scenes. I got no additional choices, it just went through the same content I saw without the mod installed.

As far as the version.... OK, I didn't take the "only tested with elite version 1.0.1, Newer/older versions may not work" entirely seriously, and figured it would most likely work with the latest patreon version. I didn't expect a minor point-release (v1.0.2 versus 1.0.1 to break the scene unlocker entirely).

As far as "detailed instructions on how to use the mod" goes - no. Just no. There's *installation* instructions, and a couple of buttons show up inside the options menu or if you start a new game, but there is absolutely NOTHING describing how to use any of the cheats during gameplay. There's a couple of screenshots showing additional options for the scene viewer- but NOTHING describing gameplay. That's not "detailed" instructions.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
As far as "detailed instructions on how to use the mod" goes - no. Just no. There's *installation* instructions, and a couple of buttons show up inside the options menu or if you start a new game, but there is absolutely NOTHING describing how to use any of the cheats during gameplay. There's a couple of screenshots showing additional options for the scene viewer- but NOTHING describing gameplay. That's not "detailed" instructions.
That's a fair point.

Detailed Instructions for How to Use Cheats During Game Play: the cheats in this mod are all additional menus that automatically present themselves on your screen during the appropriate part of game play when cheats are enabled. You must click on them with your mouse (the pointing peripheral connected to your PC) to activate them correctly.

Please let me know if you require any additional details?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
That's a fair point.

Detailed Instructions for How to Use Cheats During Game Play: the cheats in this mod are all additional menus that automatically present themselves on your screen during the appropriate part of game play when cheats are enabled. You must click on them with your mouse (the pointing peripheral connected to your PC) to activate them correctly.

Please let me know if you require any additional details?
Smartass :)

Reactions: bas

Ikariusrb

Mar 21, 2018
Oh you're effing hysterical. A lot of "cheats" require a hotkey to bring them up, or show up on a screen as a button. I already told you that I made certain cheats were enabled in the option screen, and ran through the content from the end of Ch11 to game end- and saw no additional choices- which was a guess as to what I should expect, rather than knowing. Note that NONE of this cheat mod worked "as-expected" from the get go for me, so pardon me for questioning what to expect.

Now at least I'm fairly sure I've run up against a bug, but I think I'm going to go figure out what I need to change and when from the python console rather than deal with you any further.

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@Ikariusrb If you read back through every response I've made on this thread (and the whole of the forum), you'll see that I generally respond with a civil word for a civil word, even to simple questions. Your post here I took as more than a little rude. I get being frustrated when you can't get something to work, but please don't come here and be rude to me because you can't figure out how to use it.

Either way, my apologies for being a dick to you.

There aren't very many in-game cheats so they're easy to miss. There's a couple at the very beginning and then the "Tracy Ending" at end of Ch 11, and the "Ending" cheat at end of Ch 12. All of this information is in the OP in the "Features" and "Change Log" spoilers. A few others have asked for the ending cheat to be added to the replay menu so they don't have to use the console, so I'm going to update the mod to add this to the "Extras" replay menu.

The bulk of the mod is the gallery unlocker, and the UI enhancements. With the exception of the endings thing I'm going to add, the gallery has all the scenes that the developers included in it. My mod unlocks all you haven't seen, and adds the variable toggles to show all different variations of the scenes (as explained in the OP).

FYI - the issue you had wasn't v1.0.x vs v1.0.x, it was Elite version vs the non-Elite version.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote