teencpge

Jul 29, 2017
Just in case you're still getting this error, here's how I fixed it:

The WOH compatibility patch I downloaded included a "version1.dll" file. I just renamed that to "version.dll" and got the game to work.
I use Windows 10 and this method fixed the unrecognised kernel32 error.
Thanks a lot

ZeusXXa

Sep 20, 2020
Win8WOH.zip MEGA link is dead
yes, unfortunately but we got this one from the referenced website on the same spoiler tab

INFO:

Top of page for info - Common problem with Windows 8 and 10 64 bit systems. Just allows your system to use Win32 instead of WOW64 - Handy to have - works on most older games - Just paste into "*.exe" directory.
just find and click the "Win8WOH.zip To" from website provided it will direct download you to the same files as the author had just paste in the game's exe directory.

bronynerd

Feb 24, 2021
1641526985962.png
Getting this error now and I have no idea what it says or what I'm doing incorrectly.
Running on Win10 with the compatibility files copied in and a locale emulator. This appears if I run the .exe without admin.

Other things I've tried:
Running as admin through the emulator: This results in a program called "TVP(KIRIKIRI) 2 core / Scripting Platform for Win32 (32bit)" appearing in my task manager, but the game doesn't run and no pop-ups appear.

Changing version.dll to version1.dll: This just gets me the "Authentication failed: unrecognized kernel 32 module" error. (Unless I run as admin, in which case the same thing I described above happens)

Deleting version.sln: Same info pop-up(picture) appears with or without version.sln in the directory.

Changing locations for the DRACU-RIOT! folder: This doesn't seem to do anything, as all the above problems persist.

Annoying thing about this is that I've gotten this game to work before, but it was so long ago that I only have vague memories of how I got it to work and even then I remember it being due to semi-random testing. I am running on the exact same machine though. Any help would be appreciated.

eeekk232

Nov 11, 2018
For anyone trying to get this game to work here's how I've done it

Change your region to Japanese, then proceed to download these files here
Extract, and merge into the game folder and done (y)

bronynerd

Feb 24, 2021

For anyone wondering like I was, a locale emulator also works with the file download. At least on Win10.

Tiziano3000

Apr 13, 2020
This is just confusing me... I tried so much, but I can't get it to work. I searched online, but I can't seem to find anyone that has the same problem as me.

So, I downloaded the game and didn't work, so i donwloaded the patch (the dll) with it, didn't work. I run it so as is, in admin, in JP locale and JP locale admin. I even switched my complete Windows settings/region/keyboard/date/... in JP. So I downloaded the game over another site with different mirrors. The same s*** happens.

1657045763238.png
It just says, that it can't open the executeable and I'm ??????
Sometimes, rarely I get the syntax error.

Edit:
1657046360822.png
?????????????????????????????? What am I doing wrong?!!?!??

Edit Edit:
So..................... I hate the Engine.. I figured it out since I have too much free time (and wanted to play other YuzuSoft games). The problem is simple but ??? Since i usually have so many games I make a folder where I have my games and sort them how I feel is right. The problem i could run any other YuzuSoft game was: You can't have more than one Kiri Kiri (game engine) in the same folder... It is simple but I am so confused no one had the problem. Am I just wired on my sorting or my unreasonable amount of free time for these games?

Short Version: Don't put same Engine Games near each other... This goes for all the other YuzuSoft / Kiri Kiri games there are...

Last edited:

Tabibito-San

Jul 2, 2022

This file is safe ?

kevin01523

Oct 16, 2018
i can run the game fine on linux via wine-ge-custom i just used the original iso installer then the 1.10 and 1.20 update then the leaked english patch and used the erogedownload 64 bit patch

Reactions: TheRoyalLoliKnight

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I managed to make it work on Windows 10, but that Win8 64bit in the installation section is mandatory, without it, it doesn't work. Extract it in the game folder.

Can someone tell me if they finished the translation? Last time I played it years ago, there was a big part of it still missing.

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
I managed to make it work on Windows 10, but that Win8 64bit in the installation section is mandatory, without it, it doesn't work. Extract it in the game folder.

Can someone tell me if they finished the translation? Last time I played it years ago, there was a big part of it still missing.
Post #8 says it's a full patch that was sold to Sekai Project and subsequently leaked. I have no idea if it's what you played.

After googling your question though, it seems NekoNyanSoft made a full HD remaster that they are planning to release in Japanese and English in 2024.

Reactions: Unknown Developer

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Post #8 says it's a full patch that was sold to Sekai Project and subsequently leaked. I have no idea if it's what you played.

After googling your question though, it seems NekoNyanSoft made a full HD remaster that they are planning to release in Japanese and English in 2024.
Oh, that would be great. I really liked the story of this game when I played it years ago, but I never finished because the translation wasn't complete. If they are going to launch it in English, assuming they hire decent localizers instead of activists, I intend to buy it.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote