RPGM Domination Desire: Banished - Development thread

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Lillo97

Jan 23, 2022
[CITAZIONE="kazhir, post: 7706871, membro: 2436119"]
Mi dà un messaggio di errore quando provo a riprodurlo con joiplay.
[/CITAZIONE]

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Since it's already closer to the end of the August than to its start, I think it's high time to post an update about how the game is doing. I'm happy to say I'm finally at playtesting stage for the next update. Given I have already implemented all of the things I have planned for the update, I'll give you a short summary of what's exactly coming up with this update.

The second major release of the game is focusing on the plot aspects of the game and few new mechanics I have described in my previous posts. Here are the things I have added/changed over past months:
  • Two introduction sequences: one focusing on the story before the game's plot and second one that kickstarts the main story of the game with introduction to the fighting mechanics.
  • New Boss enemy, currently accessed through the first intro.
  • 3 H-scenes for said enemy (one major, two minor).
  • Story quests that more or less guide the player through the game.
  • A introduction scene for every named Succubi (Astarte, Liliett, Nimardentia) that was previously chasing you through the dungeons, meaning you have to trigger the scenes first before encountering them in a dungeon.
  • Vore scene for each one of them that function similiar to the one that Noemi has.
  • Kissing scene for Liliett.
  • Additional grab for Nimardentia.
  • Revamped the fight with Astarte. She now has addtional spells and debuffs and acts differently depending on the debuffs the player has. Her vampiric bite attack also drains EXP when the player doesn't escape for some time.
  • Revamped the fight with Liliett. She received an addtional way to debuff the player and her attacks are now a % of the player HP.
  • Added a set of rooms to Infested Ruins.
  • Enemy level draining overhaul described more in depth here.
  • Changed how experience points act after player death.
  • Added an "Energy Points" framework that will be used to purchase various things (currently loactions only).
  • Tweaked some of the skills, weapons and enchantments.
  • Shortened some of worship scenes.
  • Almost certainly eradicated black screen bug.
  • Two short scenes introducing supporting characters: Suzanna and Ceren.
  • Fixed a lot of bugs from previous version, and a fuckton more from current version.
  • Probably more things I don't remember of the top of my head.
The update is much different from what I have planned for it to be before and underwent many changes throughout the course of development. This update does not provide a lot of new H-content, but mostly focuses on assets already in the game and tries to flesh them out. Given the game actually has a story and somewhat of a plot progression it feels much more cohesive than the bunch of different dungeons we had before, but you'll have to see for yourself.

I still have a couple of bugs I need to squash, at least two major ones I'm aware of, but I can safely state that the new version will be released next week, probably on weekend.

Aug 22, 2017
Since it's already closer to the end of the August than to its start, I think it's high time to post an update about how the game is doing. I'm happy to say I'm finally at playtesting stage for the next update. Given I have already implemented all of the things I have planned for the update, I'll give you a short summary of what's exactly coming up with this update.

The second major release of the game is focusing on the plot aspects of the game and few new mechanics I have described in my previous posts. Here are the things I have added/changed over past months:
  • Two introduction sequences: one focusing on the story before the game's plot and second one that kickstarts the main story of the game with introduction to the fighting mechanics.
  • New Boss enemy, currently accessed through the first intro.
  • 3 H-scenes for said enemy (one major, two minor).
  • Story quests that more or less guide the player through the game.
  • A introduction scene for every named Succubi (Astarte, Liliett, Nimardentia) that was previously chasing you through the dungeons, meaning you have to trigger the scenes first before encountering them in a dungeon.
  • Vore scene for each one of them that function similiar to the one that Noemi has.
  • Kissing scene for Liliett.
  • Additional grab for Nimardentia.
  • Revamped the fight with Astarte. She now has addtional spells and debuffs and acts differently depending on the debuffs the player has. Her vampiric bite attack also drains EXP when the player doesn't escape for some time.
  • Revamped the fight with Liliett. She received an addtional way to debuff the player and her attacks are now a % of the player HP.
  • Added a set of rooms to Infested Ruins.
  • Enemy level draining overhaul described more in depth here.
  • Changed how experience points act after player death.
  • Added an "Energy Points" framework that will be used to purchase various things (currently loactions only).
  • Tweaked some of the skills, weapons and enchantments.
  • Shortened some of worship scenes.
  • Almost certainly eradicated black screen bug.
  • Two short scenes introducing supporting characters: Suzanna and Ceren.
  • Fixed a lot of bugs from previous version, and a fuckton more from current version.
  • Probably more things I don't remember of the top of my head.
The update is much different from what I have planned for it to be before and underwent many changes throughout the course of development. This update does not provide a lot of new H-content, but mostly focuses on assets already in the game and tries to flesh them out. Given the game actually has a story and somewhat of a plot progression it feels much more cohesive than the bunch of different dungeons we had before, but you'll have to see for yourself.

I still have a couple of bugs I need to squash, at least two major ones I'm aware of, but I can safely state that the new version will be released next week, probably on weekend.
I only encountered the vampiric bite from Astarte the other day did find it very hot so I am going to lose a few levels for sure :D

• Angry
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

Rosama

Oct 9, 2018
Just so you know, I'm pushing the release to tommorow. I still have a final test run and uploading to do. Introducing new mechanics turned out to cause more issues than expected o_O .

Take your time. Look forward to the new additions mate!

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Hello everybody,
After more than a week of testing I'm happy to present the newest update. I won't post a changelog here because it's almost exactly the same as the changes I wrote in my previous post (apart from one not-so-secret minor scene and another ton of fixes). There something like 1,5 hour of story gameplay and the rest is the quests that were in the previous version of the game. Playtime is strictly dependant on the playstyle though. Overall, I'm happy with the current version of the game. Surely some of the things still could be improved upon like sprites, certain renders or eventing, but their time will come in other updates. If you see any bugs or have some feedback, post them here or in the discord server I freshly opened to keep things like bug logs, feedback in one place. We'll see how many bugs come up in a few days and if the need arises I'll release a hotfix version.

Here are the links:

Domination Desire: Banished v2
mega.nz:
Discord server:

I hope you have fun with the game, as goes for me I'll have some sleep. Hope to see a low amount of bug reports tomorrow :alien:.

nvoim

Nov 9, 2019
Really cool to see an update to this, I've had my eye on this thread for awhile!

The shortened temptation scenes go a long way to making combat quicker, though I'd like a way to skip them entirely if that were possible. Some enemies you'll see the same seen many times in a single fight!

Also it kinda sucks having to start over, but I guess that's the nature of the beast,

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
Hello everybody,
After more than a week of testing I'm happy to present the newest update. I won't post a changelog here because it's almost exactly the same as the changes I wrote in my previous post (apart from one not-so-secret minor scene and another ton of fixes). There something like 1,5 hour of story gameplay and the rest is the quests that were in the previous version of the game. Playtime is strictly dependant on the playstyle though. Overall, I'm happy with the current version of the game. Surely some of the things still could be improved upon like sprites, certain renders or eventing, but their time will come in other updates. If you see any bugs or have some feedback, post them here or in the discord server I freshly opened to keep things like bug logs, feedback in one place. We'll see how many bugs come up in a few days and if the need arises I'll release a hotfix version.

Here are the links:

Domination Desire: Banished v2
mega.nz:
Discord server:

I hope you have fun with the game, as goes for me I'll have some sleep. Hope to see a low amount of bug reports tomorrow :alien:.
Ehy man I strongly advise you to make a proper thread here on F95zone. Your game has a lot of content already and making an official thread will boost your followers count considerably: each time you upload an update the game will be updated and will feature on the "Latest Updates", with thousands of views and, since the quality is incredible, a lot of them will be followers.

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Ehy man I strongly advise you to make a proper thread here on F95zone. Your game has a lot of content already and making an official thread will boost your followers count considerably: each time you upload an update the game will be updated and will feature on the "Latest Updates", with thousands of views and, since the quality is incredible, a lot of them will be followers.
I know, I wanted raise the tickets yesterday, but it was getting very late for me so I did it today. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Nov 19, 2021
So I've scoured the entirety of the old mansion and I'm curious, does the old key have a use yet? I'm also curious is it's possible to free Chantrea yet or not.

King_222

Feb 18, 2019
Hi, first and foremost, AMAZING GAME SO FAR!
This is incredible.

Now I have an issue : I could not figure how to leave the anomaly area, as the Dimensional stone is locked. I lit up all the torches and accessed the sanctum/treasure room. Now, what ?

Nov 19, 2021
This is incredible.

Now I have an issue : I could not figure how to leave the anomaly area, as the Dimensional stone is locked. I lit up all the torches and accessed the sanctum/treasure room. Now, what ?
The anomaly area where the 3 Succubus sisters pursue you can only be escaped from by one of the corners; you'll see a teleportation ring that'll get you out of there.

Reactions: King_222

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
This is incredible.

Thanks fo the kind words.
Spadgeunlikeanyother is right. You can escape the dimensional anomaly with with a portal that appears in 3 corners of the map. The ones you didn't start the dungeon. Starting corner and exits are randomized. Could you tell me how difficult it was for you to light all of the torches?

King_222

Feb 18, 2019
It was hard,
1) there is no way to buy torch consummables so lighting quickly became a big issue.
2) some succubus respawns are very unfair, they entrap you in a dead end and the enemy keeps respawning every second, forcing you to fight several times... I had to save-scum A LOT
3) the loot in the room was, in my opinion, clearly not worth the effort

Like with the dark mansion, the quest log should be used to better explain the objectives and the tools required to pass the challenges.
And if the player doesn't need the quest log, he probably has no use of the hint and so he isn't spoiled

Reactions: dr4gonfly
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes