• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
is there any reason why it got abandoned so early?
With a lot of these games I see one thing happening over and over. Devs are new to the concept of making game, and get a million of these lofty ideas of things they want to add, have no sense of structuring game design, have no idea how to structure deadlines, and dont start with a small project to learn the ropes. No, they want to do everything brilliantly in a big world filled with promises. Then they start, build something great, work on it, realise its taking much longer than anticipated, and start to succumb to the pressure theyve put on themselves.

Months later, updates get few and far between. Later still, updates stop. Devs post updates about extraneous factors impeding progress. Update gets delayed once or twice.

Game gets abandoned.

Devs need to start with a single, small game with a clear goal. Then move on and make a sequel or a new game. This game would have been great if it had been a small story you could finish in a couple of hours with a few gameplay elements. Dev could have then taken what he learned and moved it to a new project. Fans would have been happy, player bases would have started to grow.

たかしろ

Aug 30, 2018
With a lot of these games I see one thing happening over and over. Devs are new to the concept of making game, and get a million of these lofty ideas of things they want to add, have no sense of structuring game design, have no idea how to structure deadlines, and don't start with a small project to learn the ropes. No, they want to do everything brilliantly in a big world filled with promises. Then they start, build something great, work on it, realize its taking much longer than anticipated, and start to succumb to the pressure they've put on themselves.

Months later, updates get few and far between. Later still, updates stop. Devs post updates about extraneous factors impeding progress. Update gets delayed once or twice.

Game gets abandoned.

Devs need to start with a single, small game with a clear goal. Then move on and make a sequel or a new game. This game would have been great if it had been a small story you could finish in a couple of hours with a few gameplay elements. Dev could have then taken what he learned and moved it to a new project. Fans would have been happy, player bases would have started to grow.
oof, sad to hear that about both the dev/s and the game, hopefully (being too optimistic here) once they release some new smaller games and gets experience, the dev/s will come to this game again and continue it

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
With a lot of these games I see one thing happening over and over. Devs are new to the concept of making game, and get a million of these lofty ideas of things they want to add, have no sense of structuring game design, have no idea how to structure deadlines, and dont start with a small project to learn the ropes. No, they want to do everything brilliantly in a big world filled with promises. Then they start, build something great, work on it, realise its taking much longer than anticipated, and start to succumb to the pressure theyve put on themselves.

Game gets abandoned.

or we can just stop with this pay for periodic update bullshit then demand the developer make 8 minutes worth of game every month then cry when they are late, and just enjoy what gets created as it gets created without schedules or entitlement. like how gaming is/was for all of the history of video games.....

Reactions: WSmith

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
or we can just stop with this pay for periodic update bullshit then demand the developer make 8 minutes worth of game every month then cry when they are late, and just enjoy what gets created as it gets created without schedules or entitlement. like how gaming is/was for all of the history of video games.....
That's exactly what I mean. Games used to be made by people that wanted to make something but didnt have the option to release it in chunks. They built something, learned from it, and improved in the next game, instead of making a part of it and trying to improve on it again and again. Make a game, release it, let people enjoy it and criticise it, use what you learned from it for the next game.

Also, when I mentioned schedules I think you inferred I meant "release dates" and thats not what I meant. People in the days of Final Fantasy I, Doom, Wolfenstein, also scheduled a lot. They really had a work process.

This playing during development that happens takes a huge amount of different planning and scheduling, and is horrible to small devs who are bad at this.

There is, unfortunately, a possible grimmer reason. I have no proof just suspicion but I had a few interactions with him through PM's up until last April. He had made a new page for his website, was getting geared up to go after some personal issues then stopped. I'm pretty sure he's from eastern Europe area. Possible he got frustrated and embarrassed and just dropped off completely or...
I thought they were German, not sure why I thought that. Eastern Europe would also make sense I guess.

Last edited:

GuidanceGames

Mar 18, 2021
Hey hey favour lovers.

First and foremost, I would like to thank EVERYONE who still believes in the project and wants to see more of it. It really helps and motivates me even more to continue working on it.

Now to the other point, yes, the project is still alive. As some of you have noticed, I am back at it again and am currently updating both my Patreon account and my homepage. I'm also adapting my pictures, which might look a bit strange to some of you, but don't worry, I'm not going to lower the quality of the images. I would be very happy to present you the new customised game soon.

This is what the new images look like. (Yes, "the thx for support" image is an uncolored close-up image from the game)
thx_support.png lili_full.png intro_2_rework.png event_1_1_mother.png

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
Hey hey favour lovers.

First and foremost, I would like to thank EVERYONE who still believes in the project and wants to see more of it. It really helps and motivates me even more to continue working on it.

Now to the other point, yes, the project is still alive. As some of you have noticed, I am back at it again and am currently updating both my Patreon account and my homepage. I'm also adapting my pictures, which might look a bit strange to some of you, but don't worry, I'm not going to lower the quality of the images. I would be very happy to present you the new customised game soon.

This is what the new images look like. (Yes, "the thx for support" image is an uncolored close-up image from the game)
View attachment 3082985 View attachment 3082979 View attachment 3082986 View attachment 3082987
Welcome back. Looking forward to it - best of luck!

• Red Heart
Reactions: GuidanceGames

GuidanceGames

Mar 18, 2021
Sukme
Thank you very much, ill give my best.

Guys, please don't be shy about posting on my site or checking for the latest news.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moopster

dakamuto

Jan 14, 2019
Hey hey favour lovers.

View attachment 3082985 View attachment 3082979 View attachment 3082986 View attachment 3082987
Greetings! Glad to see you're back buddy! Sorry that I can’t support your project due to SWIFT sanctions. But I really hope that the readers present here will help you with a pretty penny.

Sep 10, 2017
Hey hey favour lovers.

Glad to see the project resurrected. Good luck!

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes