Remiss

Apr 1, 2018
Yeah, the developer just got stuck in the elevator...

Well, it's hard to say about the updates, because perhaps he could add new locations outside the city, but there would definitely be scenes in the park's toilet and somewhere in the gym. In addition, there are a lot of closed doors (with WIP). You can think of a lot...

Reactions: simerdew

purple111

Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, the developer just got stuck in the elevator...

Well, it's hard to say about the updates, because perhaps he could add new locations outside the city, but there would definitely be scenes in the park's toilet and somewhere in the gym. In addition, there are a lot of closed doors (with WIP). You can think of a lot...
Yeah I was really interested in the Tavern\bar storyline and the possible 'fantasy'\supernatural ability storyline that seems to be hinted at.

Obviously the most important hidden questline was with Elden Ring, the real protagonist of the game.

Remiss

Apr 1, 2018
I hope this does not get abandoned, one of the best games, art and pace.
I hope so too, but every month it seems more and more that she was abandoned.
I will believe that he just redoes the main gameplay, otherwise you just walk along the same route every game day.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
I hope so too, but every month it seems more and more that she was abandoned.
I will believe that he just redoes the main gameplay, otherwise you just walk along the same route every game day.
What do you mean you hope it does not get abandoned? It is abandoned because the developer just disappeared and does not provide updates like he used to in his patreon. It was a fantastic game to be fair and the dev might come back. But for the time being it is definitely abandoned.

Remiss

Apr 1, 2018
What do you mean you hope it does not get abandoned? It is abandoned because the developer just disappeared and does not provide updates like he used to in his patreon. It was a fantastic game to be fair and the dev might come back. But for the time being it is definitely abandoned.
I said so because it can work quietly. Usually, when a project is abandoned, the author says about it in a message somewhere, but then he just disappeared.

Busted1201

Sep 29, 2017
I said so because it can work quietly. Usually, when a project is abandoned, the author says about it in a message somewhere, but then he just disappeared.
Not always. But this little hyped game became a dead horse.
Why? Who knows. The Dev. Won't come back.
It is how it is. There are other good games.

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
Game developers have somewhat consistent update shedule. For Gowbo it was weekly. 5 months of no updates, multiple people trying to contact him it is safe to say this game is abandoned. Knowing Gowbo, I would even go as far as to say something bad happened to him, but hope not. The behavior is too inconsistent.

JasDoc

Mar 6, 2018
Game developers have somewhat consistent update shedule. For Gowbo it was weekly. 5 months of no updates, multiple people trying to contact him it is safe to say this game is abandoned. Knowing Gowbo, I would even go as far as to say something bad happened to him, but hope not. The behavior is too inconsistent.
Developers abandon their games for many reasons. What surprises me is that the he visits this site, so what could have happened? Indeed, he wasn’t active for some time, but he has been browsing f95 regularly for many months now, so whatever bad thing happened is most likely gone. Despite this, no response.

Why didn't he write that he was simply abandoning the project for whatever reasons? Most likely we will never know. I understand there could be a family situation, job loss etc. that forced him to abandon work on the game without notifying patrons. However, after such a time, any information should be given.

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
That's a shame, yeah it seems like he had regular patreon updates and then suddenly nothing for no reason given. I hope this game does come back, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Reactions: rapaiz

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
Developers abandon their games for many reasons. What surprises me is that the he visits this site, so what could have happened? Indeed, he wasn’t active for some time, but he has been browsing f95 regularly for many months now, so whatever bad thing happened is most likely gone. Despite this, no response.

Why didn't he write that he was simply abandoning the project for whatever reasons? Most likely we will never know. I understand there could be a family situation, job loss etc. that forced him to abandon work on the game without notifying patrons. However, after such a time, any information should be given.
There was a game dev who lost his entire family in the Turkey earthquake and wrote back after a few weeks (someone will hopefully know who I'm talking about). God forbid Gowbo became a criple in a wheelchair or something.

lynusthesly

Mar 15, 2019
Every now and then I stop by this thread in hopes the dev came back. I don't really make comments for a lot of games in this site, but this one is probably one of the best ongoing stories.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't played it just so I didn't feel so blue-balled. But such is life. I hope the dev comes back or the game continues somehow.

Last edited:

GinSchiffer

Sep 18, 2022
Every now and then I stop by this thread in hopes the dev came back. I don't really make comments for a lot of games in this site, but this one is probably one of the best ongoing stories.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't played it just so I didn't feel so blue-balled. But such is life. I hope the dev comes back or the game continues somehow.
same here, i am still coming back checking from time to time...

purple111

Mar 11, 2017
You should change this this status to Onhold or abandoned. Gawbo has been completely silent and MIA since April and wont reply to any comments or messages.

Friends, Perverts, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Gawbo, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;

So let it be with Gawbo.

4.90 star(s) 22 Votes