• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Dec 21, 2019
Anyone can be in a situation where they are emotionally unable to admit their fault or even speak about it, regardless whether that was forced upon them by external factors or something else...
This is just silly. They're not a victim. There's no emotional trauma here.

Finally pausing payments is fine. Better than nothing. They still lack the common decency to let people know what's going on with development, even though they have the time to log into this site.

It's bad form and it doesn't bode well for the future of the project. This should be really simple to admit. Nobody's being unfair, nobody's insulting or attacking anyone. There's no need for people to come to the rescue lol.

quarros

Jan 29, 2018

Finally pausing payments is fine. Better than nothing. They still lack the common decency to let people know what's going on with development, even though they have the time to log into this site.

It's bad form and it doesn't bode well for the future of the project. This should be really simple to admit. Nobody's being unfair, nobody's insulting or attacking anyone. There's no need for people to come to the rescue lol.
Bahhh.... I'm not defending anyone!

I only pointed out a behavior pattern that is familiar to me. I have seen it in my life multiple times. Someone says they will do something, than don't do it on time so either gave excuse or apologize... and again... and again... and after several rounds you will notice that they don't communicate and you only left with silence. Usually these type of people are mess to work with or to collaborate (I know this from experience sadly). But actually there are two types in that category:

One who does not give a shit and considers others time and effort as dogshit. Or the second type who feels real bad about it and avoids contact because they feel crushed about their inadequacies, or that they can only give excuses, but can't admit that to the other party so they push everything regarding the subject away from them so not to feel as guilty as they do.

However the second type usually try their best to move things along as a coping mechanism, but only if they can avoid confronting the other party until they have at least something to show for their time (of absence).

I'm not sure if this is applicable here, but the communication and events leading up to this point felt familiar.

Interesting fact: Usually these types excel in their field from the technical point of view, but have absolutely terrible time and workflow management.

Reactions: Ser Lordypants

purple111

Mar 11, 2017
Bahhh.... I'm not defending anyone!

I only pointed out a behavior pattern that is familiar to me. I have seen it in my life multiple times. Someone says they will do something, than don't do it on time so either gave excuse or apologize... and again... and again... and after several rounds you will notice that they don't communicate and you only left with silence. Usually these type of people are mess to work with or to collaborate (I know this from experience sadly). But actually there are two types in that category:

One who does not give a shit and considers others time and effort as dogshit. Or the second type who feels real bad about it and avoids contact because they feel crushed about their inadequacies, or that they can only give excuses, but can't admit that to the other party so they push everything regarding the subject away from them so not to feel as guilty as they do.

However the second type usually try their best to move things along as a coping mechanism, but only if they can avoid confronting the other party until they have at least something to show for their time (of absence).

I'm not sure if this is applicable here, but the communication and events leading up to this point felt familiar.

Interesting fact: Usually these types excel in their field from the technical point of view, but have absolutely terrible time and workflow management.
Well that does seem like what's happening, i mean there is little to no evidence but the resent login just confirm the dev is atleast ok physically etc. since we are all kinda projecting into the ether without much news from them.

I think mostly people are just sad that things dropped of after some great teasers of what to come and if it doesn't really continue from here.... The only thing I am angry about is that Maverick never got the chance to do a 'No Hit Run' in Elden Ring to lord over his suspiciously busy roommates :p

purple111

Mar 11, 2017

Wait till your dad finds out what sort of websites you have been hanging out on

quarros

Jan 29, 2018
Well that does seem like what's happening, i mean there is little to no evidence but the resent login just confirm the dev is atleast ok physically etc. since we are all kinda projecting into the ether without much news from them.

I think mostly people are just sad that things dropped of after some great teasers of what to come and if it doesn't really continue from here.... The only thing I am angry about is that Maverick never got the chance to do a 'No Hit Run' in Elden Ring to lord over his suspiciously busy roommates :p
The only thing I'm angry at now is Patreon. I mean no notification about the payment pause just the lack of receipt for June. Even if the artist did not send out a notice they should have. Also the weird decline of the showed support amount. I mean last Sunday with 42 patrons it was 35.69USD and five days later same amount of patron 34.21USD that means 0.81USD per patron? How??? Something is messed up here.

purple111

Mar 11, 2017
The only thing I'm angry at now is Patreon. I mean no notification about the payment pause just the lack of receipt for June. Even if the artist did not send out a notice they should have. Also the weird decline of the showed support amount. I mean last Sunday with 42 patrons it was 35.69USD and five days later same amount of patron 34.21USD that means 0.81USD per patron? How??? Something is messed up here.
Yeah, since I am not a backer I can't confirm but it appears as 88.38USD/month for me (42 patrons), so like you proposed earlier something is broken.

quarros

Jan 29, 2018
Apparently I'm an Idiot, and Patreon is an ass. My previous statement about payment's being paused is proven false. This weekend I got billed for Gawbo. It seems patreon stopped sending out their monthly receipts for some reason, and I should have taken a closer look at the billing history in my bank statements. Sorry.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
There isn't an abandoned tag yet this game is well over due for an update. Is there any news at all?

purple111

Mar 11, 2017
There isn't an abandoned tag yet this game is well over due for an update. Is there any news at all?
It's not abandoned!!! Dev just went out to get milk ........and will be back .....shortly.....

Also seeing that his account was online here recently I think they are ok for the most part probably just didn't want to continue and maybe didn't know how to communicate that or something.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
It's not abandoned!!! Dev just went out to get milk ........and will be back .....shortly.....

Also seeing that his account was online here recently I think they are ok for the most part probably just didn't want to continue and maybe didn't know how to communicate that or something.
I love milk, I hope he brings me a gallon, regular please, not that crappy 2% stuff.

purple111

Mar 11, 2017
Ok so here is an "on Topic" discussion... since we already know where Mav(my purple haired boi:love:) and Lilly were headed based on the intro, that do you imagine the next updates would have been like? i.e. possible events.

4.90 star(s) 22 Votes