Ren'Py Abandoned Dickgirl Dorm [Development Thread]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Which of the 9 do you like? (Vote for all you like)

• Eleanor

• Amina

• Cally

• Lilly

• Nicole

• Shani

• Yolanda

• Svani

• Guiliana

Results are only viewable after voting.

plapmachine

May 3, 2022
So in 0.1 of DD, how much of it is playable right now?
Is it just introductions to the dorm members, or is there a gameplay loop, scenes and all?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
So in 0.1 of DD, how much of it is playable right now?
Is it just introductions to the dorm members, or is there a gameplay loop, scenes and all?
Just the background to meeting your spouse (Choice of 3 backgrounds), having your best friend Sati from meeting her as a child, growing up as teens and going to college to being there for your marriage all the way into optional casual sex between the 3 of you, then introduction to the girls.

I plan to update it though before the public release because I want the girl intro's to be menu's you can select questions from rather than the quick ones right now.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
By the way, what's the November poll about?
That's for what people want me to work on 5th November to 5th December as I aim to go on break after that from 5th December to 5th January. I wanted to do 5 episodes of 'Isadora The Wife Explorer' Visual Novel but patrons are currently 23 for a full month solely on FG2, and 20 are currently for a full month on DDR.

redpenguin101

Feb 19, 2019
That's for what people want me to work on 5th November to 5th December as I aim to go on break after that from 5th December to 5th January. I wanted to do 5 episodes of 'Isadora The Wife Explorer' Visual Novel but patrons are currently 23 for a full month solely on FG2, and 20 are currently for a full month on DDR.
I didn't know you were the one behind Dance Dance Revolution? If I get a high enough score will I get my own Futa babe like Shani?

plapmachine

May 3, 2022
I don't know if you can read this, patreons, but please vote for DGD

plapmachine

May 3, 2022
I had a suggestion for the remaster of DD- could you put in a map/tracker of where everyone is? The Futa Experiment had that and it made playing it a lot more enjoyable.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
I had a suggestion for the remaster of DD- could you put in a map/tracker of where everyone is? The Futa Experiment had that and it made playing it a lot more enjoyable.
Problem there is that looking into the code for Futa Experiment it had places assigned for each girl to turn up and when, even though it did use weighted chance it still defined certain areas they would appear and then if it was that room it had a variable to say they were in that room. The old DD was randomised so that if you entered a room it rolled to see if an event happened regardless of who it was.

That makes tracking a nightmare since it's random chance rather than set schedule (even if weighted).

That said the old DD often had black screen where it said nothing is happening, that's because my code was checking if conditions were there and if not it just put that screen and then put you in the corridor. I've been thinking of how to mitigate that and reform it for the revamp so that you aren't just clicking hoping for a random event to happen.

I have thought about it though and it could make sense for the girls to be in certain places, especially as the girls in the revamp will have jobs. We'll see.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Problem there is that looking into the code for Futa Experiment it had places assigned for each girl to turn up and when, even though it did use weighted chance it still defined certain areas they would appear and then if it was that room it had a variable to say they were in that room. The old DD was randomised so that if you entered a room it rolled to see if an event happened regardless of who it was.

That makes tracking a nightmare since it's random chance rather than set schedule (even if weighted).

That said the old DD often had black screen where it said nothing is happening, that's because my code was checking if conditions were there and if not it just put that screen and then put you in the corridor. I've been thinking of how to mitigate that and reform it for the revamp so that you aren't just clicking hoping for a random event to happen.

I have thought about it though and it could make sense for the girls to be in certain places, especially as the girls in the revamp will have jobs. We'll see.
I always just rolled back and re-entered until I would get what I wanted if I was looking for a certain thing, or if I wanted to avoid a certain girl. A schedule would make the most sense realism wise, and would make it easier to get a girl you wanted, although I could see where it would get in the way of random chance.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes