Others Diaper Quest [Release 5 v9.0] [Aika]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Devvvin

Aug 12, 2017
So I saw some people saying the debug unlocker wouldn't work for them, and I'm not sure if that was referencing an older version of the game or not, but my game doesn't recognize that I ran it either. I'm using Git or w/e it's called, never had issues in the past.

Old file or some trick I can't figure out?

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
So I saw some people saying the debug unlocker wouldn't work for them...
If the OP didn't update the unlocker, the one from early 2018 won't work; you'll need the newer one, howsoever you may obtain it. The game should clearly state whether or not the unlocker was valid for its version.

thecuddlester

Jul 19, 2017
The game download on the first page is currently linked to 181118. The Debugger is too new and doesn't work with older versions, it is 181203. However, the link to their website has the download for 181229 of the game. 181229 works with the linked Debugger but seems to require Git for sure because it crashes with Gargoyle.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Yeah that's not it chief. And thinking "non-normies" are all basement dwellers with no [social life] is extreme normie reasoning.
In this case, you call people normies because they stumble onto something they don't understand and don't appeal to them, and their instinctive reaction is to shout "but why" with various degrees of obnoxiousness. Granted, you're allowed to be curious about stuff, but a) you're not the only one with this kind of behaviour so don't take it too personally and b) most of these "outsiders" tend to insult people with zero self-awareness. The normie part comes in because it makes one wonder if any of these people are into anything but penis into vagina in missionary position with the TV still turned on for some reason, aka regular basic vanilla sex. Fact is, anyone I know with a fetish they have no issue having tend not to really care about other people's fetishes, even if they can't begin to comprehend what's hot about it. Reason is they are usually able to relate to these people because they themselves are into some kind of obscure fetish, which other people might not understand. And so empathy takes it away; you're not into it, it's not your thing, you move on. What fetish isn't weird anyway.

This phenomenon is sort of exacerbated when it comes to the "AB/DL" scene, since it's both obscure and terribly misunderstood. The association with pedophilia is very common, but also extremely ridiculous. I suppose medically incontinent people are not allowed to have any kind of romantic affiliation during their entire life; they do have to wear diapers all the time.
I should also point out that, like with everything else that exists, it is a little pointless to try and cast a net over something and try to come up with a general explanation that will fit everyone it concerns. This is a sex thing. It's not something that works the exact same way for everyone. But let's give it a go anyway, from the weird part to the weirder part.

The "diaper lover" part: pretty self-explanatory. This is about the diapers as clothing items. Either the look, the feel, the usage of it, that's what matters.
The "adult baby" part: which involves roleplay, and will make people shriek most of the time. It's generally about regression, "refusing" to be an adult and be considered much younger. Despite the "baby" part, not everyone wants to be considered like a literal baby. For some people, it will simply mean submitting to another person's authority, without pretending to be younger than they actually are.
Those terms are grouped together because it's common for people to be part of both, but that's not always the case. In fact, there's yet another "fetish scene" referred to as "DDLG", which is very close to the "adult baby" fetish but without any reference to diapers.

So what's the part that turns people on? Well, once more, it will depend on the person, but it's usually about:

Humiliation: pretty simple, this is more about the "punishment" side. Forced into diapers, forced regression, BDSM, all that jazz. Big on the dominant/submissive relationship, obviously.
"Comfort": actually not sure what word is the "official" one. It's the opposite of the humiliation, with the same dominant/submissive relationship, although the "dominant" is considered a "caretaker". Although sometimes punishment and comfort overlap. This is also the side that people who are into it but "in a not sexual way" are attracted to, but I'm hardly qualified to talk about that.
Clothing: the DL part, or anything that are somewhat associated to diapers, like onesies, or pacifiers. You can simply like the accessories for what they are.
Omorashi/Scat: because, as surprising as it may be, those don't really "do it" for everyone, wether they are AB or DL or both. Omorashi is admittedly common, but scat is where a lot of people draw the line. This is more about two fetishes overlapping, as people who are into scat are not necessarily into diapers and vice-versa.

So, voilà. For the average person, what makes it work will be a mix of all the above, with different levels of preference for each side (going from "very high" to "zero"). And also some stuff I don't even know about, probably. Ultimately, it is pointless to try and find an archetype that works for everyone, or even a majority of people. Which is also why it's a little pointless to ask "but why", since the answer will be different every time. Just leave fetishes where they are and concern yourself with what works for you, I guess.
Very well reasoned and well put response, though I'll have to say to the first part, girlfriend called me a normie due to not being a "meme lord" and going out with friends, I'd bring her along when ever I could, but she'd be uncomfortable and mostly do it for my sake.

Also, I wouldnt exactly call myself vanilla as I practice BDSM both online and in real life, I have a sadistic side I tend to try not to let out too often as I enjoy mental coercion and humiliation, and while some women do enjoy that, some dont, and I respect that and I dont try to force my fetishes on the ones that arent into it.

If you saw my earlier message you'd also have seen I put 3 personal theories out there on why I personally thought people might be into it, though the whole "Diapers as fashion" (Paraphrasing) didnt really cross my mind.

tatsu82

Aug 27, 2017
The game download on the first page is currently linked to 181118. The Debugger is too new and doesn't work with older versions, it is 181203. However, the link to their website has the download for 181229 of the game. 181229 works with the linked Debugger but seems to require Git for sure because it crashes with Gargoyle.
would you mind posting a link to 181229? the link for the latest version on their website seems to be broken and the rest of the links are for 18023

Reactions: Devvvin

thecuddlester

Jul 19, 2017
would you mind posting a link to 181229? the link for the latest version on their website seems to be broken and the rest of the links are for 18023

Of course since the time of that previous post, they have had another update:
I am unsure if the debugger works with that new version or if a new debugger is needed to get off the Patreon. I am not in a place where I an check right now.

dontevenknow

Jun 19, 2018

Of course since the time of that previous post, they have had another update:
I am unsure if the debugger works with that new version or if a new debugger is needed to get off the Patreon. I am not in a place where I an check right now.
Looks like there's a new debugger on patreon

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
Сперва хотела спросить как открыть этот файл, но затем прочитав комментарии, просто удалила его!
At first I wanted to ask how to open this file, but then, after reading the comments, I simply deleted it!

omni5

Dec 1, 2018
Is this just Trap quest with a different name or is it actually a different game? Does anyone know?

Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
Downloaded GIT for windows but it won't open, is there a specific thing in GIT i can try to open it with ?
Found fix nvm

MrNibbs

Dec 15, 2017
Main folder containing the game and program to run it.
Donator unlock file. Put it in the extracted DQ folder and run it via git.exe to generate the donators.glkdata file needed to activate debug mode

tretatralha

Apr 14, 2019
Main folder containing the game and program to run it.
Donator unlock file. Put it in the extracted DQ folder and run it via git.exe to generate the donators.glkdata file needed to activate debug mode

hegyak

Dec 2, 2017
Since I am OK with this content and all I figured I can give more information on this game, I will.
It runs in WinGlulxe. An Interactive Fiction interpreter. The Big gblorb file you downloaded, is the game data. The GIT Exe file, is a reskinned WinGlulxe EXE. There may be special functions in the GIT exe file not found in the WinGlulxe file, but I can't confirm this.

As for the game itself, it is, Interactive Fiction with images (1024 of them, which is the Engine's Limit). When you start the game you can tell the game what you would like/dislike. I told the game NO messing (Defecation) in Diaper, EVER and to NEVER ask again. The game will respect that decision/demand I make. As for the other fetish items present in the game, you can say, "No/Never. This time. Everytime." Which allows you to get the fetish/kink you desire. Though there may be challenges if you disable all the options and set them all to no as the game may struggle to have proper gameplay.

I haven't played the game much myself but it's controlled by Images you can click on or entering text commands you like into the text interpreter.

If you have other questions, I will try and help you out when I can. Not here too often.

Reactions: FloorPlayer
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote