The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
mondy159 - No, I should have been more direct with you, sorry for your confusion. My advice is to stay clear of my projects, they do not sound like anything you'd enjoy.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
I know I asked this question before but that was long ago, so any news on final update?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Well unfortunately the programmer that was helping me with the game mode, seems to have finished into thin air. And it has me quite worried because he and I talked every single day for over a year. We had grown to be very close friends, so his silence makes me concerned that something happened to him. I don't know if it's covid-19 related or what happened to him. So now I am trying to decide if I should just release the story mode and then game mode will never be done or what I should do.

But frankly I'm more concerned about my friend. At any rate, I'll eventually make a decision. I just keep hoping every day that he'll show back up.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Well unfortunately the programmer that was helping me with the game mode, seems to have finished into thin air. And it has me quite worried because he and I talked every single day for over a year. We had grown to be very close friends, so his silence makes me concerned that something happened to him. I don't know if it's covid-19 related or what happened to him. So now I am trying to decide if I should just release the story mode and then game mode will never be done or what I should do.

But frankly I'm more concerned about my friend. At any rate, I'll eventually make a decision. I just keep hoping every day that he'll show back up.
Well, that's sad to hear but If I had to guess its probably covid that got him, maybe you should try to look him up on social media or something. Either way, I think you should release story mode for now then release game mode if or when he comes, that way atleast people(aka me:p) who are looking story mode can enjoy it. That said, I hope you get to contact your friend soon enough, game or not.:)

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Well, that's sad to hear but If I had to guess its probably covid that got him, maybe you should try to look him up on social media or something. Either way, I think you should release story mode for now then release game mode if or when he comes, that way atleast people(aka me:p) who are looking story mode can enjoy it. That said, I hope you can contact your friend soon enough, game or not.:)
unfortunately there is no way for me to look him up. He specifically desired absolute privacy, so I have no idea who he is. I have absolutely no other way to contact him besides a singular discord ID. But yes I hope he does come back, but also he was very close to finishing game mode. In fact if he had not vanished we may have been releasing it all right now or very shortly!

In the meantime I will continue to hold on to story mode for now. But if I do not hear from him soon, I will just go ahead and release it.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Sbc should see an update likely within the next week or two and GN around the beginning of may.

xxn1927

Nov 26, 2020
I have been playing this game for the last couple of days and I am having a blast! I have a question about the "docks" monster hunt though. When a enter the square with the Kraken, I only have the option "fight the Kraken" that leads to a bad ending scene with no chance for me to do anything. BTW, I am loaded on grenades, potions., etc. These is no prompt for anything. If I avoid that square, I finish everything else and tell Kendra that I had killed the Kraken (lie) and enter to ship to kill the captain. Then I have to pick a cursed coin as the only option, which triggers a bad ending scene. Is this a bug or I am missing something.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I am glad you're enjoying it! it's possible that it is bugged, because we have been overhauling the entire game mode for the final release, otherwise as long as you have five fire bombs, you should have the option to use them on the kraken. If that option is missing then it means that something is borked but it should be working when the final release comes out.

xxn1927

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks! I will try the story mode then.

P.S. I had 3 bombs of each, but nothing indicated that I needed bombs at all.

P.P.S. Why are these things called "bad endings"? PP
BTW, a few appear to be censored!?

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
No ETA as of now! Shadow Code is still designing the tool that will let me create all the game modes of future titles without relying on a programmer!

Last edited:

AndreDelGo

Oct 23, 2018
how do you get the giggle bad end
In sanctuary Night One , after you read the note about the mountains , you need to make the choice and the two options are
Head to Mount Hood to seek Jacques...
or
Check out the canister from the note first... <--- Selec this option

then you have another choice

Best to leave it alone.
or
A quick look won’t hurt. <---Select this one

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes