Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Star Wars: Okay, I'm in.
Playing as a villain instead of a hero: Hell yes.
A trainer game: Yes please!
My only question is how many people will be available to train? I understand there'll be mainstays, but will this also include some of the spinoff characters? I'd personally like to train the pilot of Starkiller's ship from The Force Unleashed.

ShadowSamurai

Oct 4, 2017
Star Wars: Okay, I'm in.
Playing as a villain instead of a hero: Hell yes.
A trainer game: Yes please!
My only question is how many people will be available to train? I understand there'll be mainstays, but will this also include some of the spinoff characters? I'd personally like to train the pilot of Starkiller's ship from The Force Unleashed.
i would also like to train her,i'd also like to add iden versio and her daughter from battlefront 2,if possible

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
i would also like to train her,i'd also like to add iden versio and her daughter from battlefront 2,if possible
Huh. I didn't know that she had a daughter. But would you be training Iden with, what, memories of her deeds for the Empire? IDK, but I'd still be down to master them both :)

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
Sooo, is this about training your humble siege laser to become an Ion cannon and later the Death Star (with endgoal the Starkiller Base) or is it about pimping some strippers? Asking for a friend ;)

ShadowSamurai

Oct 4, 2017
Huh. I didn't know that she had a daughter. But would you be training Iden with, what, memories of her deeds for the Empire? IDK, but I'd still be down to master them both :)
iden's daughter is in the battlefront 2 dlc i believe.

i figure that seeing as iden was originally part of the empire before she joined the rebellion you could work that into why vader wants to train her,wanting to break her and her daughter and make them loyal to the empire again.

scoopsmeister

Dec 3, 2017
lol I can't even capture a girl, despite having 100000 credits I have no credits and can't hire a bounty hunter
Same here countless loads all starting with 0 credits and even when I had 100000 at one point bought a device and then went to get a bounty hunter all credits gone.

Reactions: fromqb

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
but then, when you go back to the Death Star Map, you have the 50k right?

I would really appreciate if you can check it...

If this is the case, I think this is a problem of the processing speed of the computer. You really have those credits saved in your "storage", but when that scene loads, some orders are coming too fast and the variable that stores your credits hasn't had the chance to tell to that scene "hey, you have that ammount of money here".

I'm going to modify this so the scene will not move further untill all the variables are loaded into it. And for what it seems, it's not the only scene where this weird behaviour happens. I'll need a little bit more time to fix it.

scoopsmeister

Dec 3, 2017
but then, when you go back to the Death Star Map, you have the 50k right?

I would really appreciate if you can check it...

If this is the case, I think this is a problem of the processing speed of the computer. You really have those credits saved in your "storage", but when that scene loads, some orders are coming too fast and the variable that stores your credits hasn't had the chance to tell to that scene "hey, you have that ammount of money here".

I'm going to modify this so the scene will not move further untill all the variables are loaded into it. And for what it seems, it's not the only scene where this weird behaviour happens. I'll need a little bit more time to fix it.
Because of your reply and comments, this time I slowed down and waited for all the text to load and give the screen a moment to refresh. I was able to hire a bounty hunter and buy a device, but when I went to capture the rebel scum, I had no device in my inventory and my money was at zero.

Straze

Jun 10, 2017
Anything Star Wars gets my attention, so I figured I'd chime in.
The idea in theory isn't too bad, and the environments that you've rendered thus far look really good. My problem is that the game feels perhaps a little too derivative of Something Unlimited, rather than its own thing. In addition, you have Disney's army of lawyers kind of hanging over your head.
The second issue is the easiest to resolve: get some alternative names/spellings for characters (Rei for Rey, Fazma for Phasma, Leya for Leia, etc.), and some alt models that look similar to (but not quite like) the characters they're supposed to be (think Vader, Stormtroopers, etc.) in case the Mouse slaps you with a cease and desist. I'd also suggest avoid using music and sfx from the movies (especially the John Williams music!) because Disney, John Williams, or someone is very anal retentive about people (notably YouTubers) using Star Wars music.
As for the first issue, I'd say you're best off changing the setting a little. I enjoyed the flippant Vader, and the Emperor, but after a while I felt that it was too silly and out-of-character for what you've got in mind. I'd recommend changing the setting from the Death Star to, say, Vader's lava palace from Rogue One or some secret Imperial facility. Slapping the Death Star on something is a sure way to get Disney's attention, and this way you won't have to radically overhaul more stuff if Disney goes after you (maybe keep the Death Star for Emperor visits/the late game?). The interiors should work okay as they are, Death Star or no Death Star.
Secondly, bring in Vader's 'apprentices' for the operation more. It's a shame we see them once and then they disappear! You can have them handle torture (rather than Thrawn), and other stuff, which reduces the legal problems from canon characters a little.
Thirdly, figure out a goal for Vader that's more than just 'the Empire's broke and the rebels need to pay for it.' In true Sith fashion, have Vader corrupt Jedi and rebel ladies into becoming his apprentices and Imperial agents, as well as his personal playthings. Maybe take a book out of The Force Unleashed games, and have Vader conspiring to take over the Empire with a little help from his harem?

And speaking of The Force Unleashed, where is Juno Eclipse on your voting list?!?!?

....I'll go now. Good luck!

U

User_17502

Seems to be a lot of overlap between this game and

Now that may just be my keen eye as a fellow star wars lover and as a writer for said game but doesn't it seem a little too suspicious?

So whats the deal?
Are my eyes deceiving me?

Reactions: papasmurf

Straze

Jun 10, 2017
Seems to be a lot of overlap between this game and

Now that may just be my keen eye as a fellow star wars lover and as a writer for said game but doesn't it seem a little too suspicious?

So whats the deal?
Are my eyes deceiving me?
My initial enthusiasm aside, you're right. And two of its assets in particular caught my eye: the two 'apprentices' in the intro. I've copied and pasted this bit from SkullYakker's Patreon (the developer of Screw Wars, link: ) below:

"As you can guess, sometimes people send me private messages giving me high hopes, sending positive feedback about the game, and sometimes even telling me that I’m doing a masterpiece of art in the Adult Visual Novel Gaming. Those PM are really stirring, and I am very grateful when people who’s played SCREW WARS spend 2 minutes of their time sending those kind words.
However, sometimes people is so enthusiast that they offer me more than those 2 minutes. In fact, they are so inspired by SW that they want to help me with this project, take part on it. Depending on their skills, they ask me if they can be beta testers, or if I need an extra hand with the art, the design, the edition, or even the programming.
As I already said a lot of times, programming is not one of my best skills. So, when someone tells me if I need help with that area, I raise my eyes up to the sky, and I thank god and lord jesus to send me an angel.
And this is what happened two months ago. A very enthusiastic guy, who called himself a programmer, entered in my life and we started talking about the SCREW WARS, how it was made, what were the main game’s issues, and how he could fix it.
He was so keen to help that I offered him to join in this crazy project, and he gladly accepted. I let him see the project, he gave very interesting insights, and we started working together. In fact, I even talked about it in 2 months ago.
He started fixing some of the major bugs in the game, involving the sudden crashes and so. But he asked me that he wanted to learn about the kind of 3D art that I was doing, and this was the main exchange: he was fixing my bugged game, and I was teaching him how I created all the art of the game (and we also agreed a % of the income that you guys provide with your tips).
It was a perfect combination because, while he modifying the code in SCREW WARS, I had the time to work in that other crazy KOTOR idea that I already told you about.
The two projects you want, moving forward at the same time. Sounds good, right?
Then, you may be wondering where’s the problem and why the v0.7 is not already in your computers.
Well, that guy (that I’m doing my best to not mention his name because I think he does not deserve it) stopped answering and working on the bug fixes."

I would hope that some of the assets we've been seeing weren't pirated or stolen from another Dev.

Scoot_

Aug 25, 2017
Love the idea, however I'm unable to progress in any way. Says I have zero credits when trying to hire bounty hunters, credits on my menu disappearing when on the menu (noticed that the days counter also resets around this.)

Hoping that the bugs get ironed out on this and starts to fulfill it's promise.

U

User_17502

My initial enthusiasm aside, you're right. And two of its assets in particular caught my eye: the two 'apprentices' in the intro. I've copied and pasted this bit from SkullYakker's Patreon (the developer of Screw Wars, link: ) below:

"As you can guess, sometimes people send me private messages giving me high hopes, sending positive feedback about the game, and sometimes even telling me that I’m doing a masterpiece of art in the Adult Visual Novel Gaming. Those PM are really stirring, and I am very grateful when people who’s played SCREW WARS spend 2 minutes of their time sending those kind words.
However, sometimes people is so enthusiast that they offer me more than those 2 minutes. In fact, they are so inspired by SW that they want to help me with this project, take part on it. Depending on their skills, they ask me if they can be beta testers, or if I need an extra hand with the art, the design, the edition, or even the programming.
As I already said a lot of times, programming is not one of my best skills. So, when someone tells me if I need help with that area, I raise my eyes up to the sky, and I thank god and lord jesus to send me an angel.
And this is what happened two months ago. A very enthusiastic guy, who called himself a programmer, entered in my life and we started talking about the SCREW WARS, how it was made, what were the main game’s issues, and how he could fix it.
He was so keen to help that I offered him to join in this crazy project, and he gladly accepted. I let him see the project, he gave very interesting insights, and we started working together. In fact, I even talked about it in 2 months ago.
He started fixing some of the major bugs in the game, involving the sudden crashes and so. But he asked me that he wanted to learn about the kind of 3D art that I was doing, and this was the main exchange: he was fixing my bugged game, and I was teaching him how I created all the art of the game (and we also agreed a % of the income that you guys provide with your tips).
It was a perfect combination because, while he modifying the code in SCREW WARS, I had the time to work in that other crazy KOTOR idea that I already told you about.
The two projects you want, moving forward at the same time. Sounds good, right?
Then, you may be wondering where’s the problem and why the v0.7 is not already in your computers.
Well, that guy (that I’m doing my best to not mention his name because I think he does not deserve it) stopped answering and working on the bug fixes."

I would hope that some of the assets we've been seeing weren't pirated or stolen from another Dev.
I’m not saying burn the witch yet but it’s just fishy to me. But with respect to those two characters Smut stated he loved those designs....yesterday.

Oh and for those who didn’t realize it the title bar says Screw Wars: A New Cock... Wouldn’t a programmer know to fix that?

Straze

Jun 10, 2017
I’m not saying burn the witch yet but it’s just fishy to me. But with respect to those two characters Smut stated he loved those designs....yesterday.

Oh and for those who didn’t realize it the title bar says Screw Wars: A New Cock... Wouldn’t a programmer know to fix that?
Jesus Christ, you're right. It's always the little things. I see two possible answers: it was something that was forgotten during the redesigning/recoding of the game, or, if the bugs are any indication, this guy isn't the programmer. Since you've been helping with Screw Wars, would it be possible for you to confirm the situation with SkullYakker?

Frytkosz555

Aug 11, 2017
How do i recruit mercenaries?

Because I just didn't had any money to hire them even tho I had 100 thousend at the death star screen?

1.50 star(s) 44 Votes