Unity - Abandoned - Death Star Trainer [v0.12.56] [Darth Smut]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Early Cuyler

If your a Star Wars fan keep far far away...

This game was created with the sole intent to exploit a franchise and take advantage of fans while delivering little to no content.

The Dev ripped assets from other games and passed them off as his own. Even then his compilation is garabage. The only updates you’ll be seeing from this game are the countless bug fixes and patches.

Dialogue is cringeworthy, makes no sense. The story is incoherent with no direction.

The grind in this game is madness incarnate.

There have been many promises of sex in this game but his sexual content is so limited I’d rather watch Return of the Jedi and jerk it to Slave Leia.

The dev has been at the center of a number of deplorable marketing schemes. He has manipulated the like system on this thread, including messages in his game to come to this forum to give his game a positive review/like.

In short, don’t give this game the time of day. It would be a tragic waste of life.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Eric Wulkan

This couldve legit been an amazing game. The content that is here is actually pretty damn good. The models are great and the story is interesting. But the scam mecanichs to pay to play, and the ridiculous costs and the time it takes to release even the smallest of meaningful updates, meaked him unplayable. Sad to see this much wasted potential.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

poser707

This is one of the most unusual titles here on F95. Bad news—it's absolutely stunningly terrible.
    Bad dialogues? Check!
    A million 'placeholder/not yet implemented' messages? Check!
    Tons of bugs? Check!
    Basically zero content after dozens of updates? Check!
    Developer who is basically a walking definition of an asshole? Check!

I urge all those who aspire to become developer to play Death Star Trainer. It's a great example of how not to do a game.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

くもり空

I feel bad for Star Wars fans. I'm sorry this game exists.
    They copied Orange Trainer's idea, copied Something Unlimited's mechanics, and used the same cookie-cutter 3D models we're so tired of.

No need to extend the review too much, the game is not fun. Every version has barely any new content, the characters are horrible representations of the original, it's just terrible.

I feel scammed and I played this for free.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Poloholo

Darth smut? More like Greedy ass smut! :ROFLMAO:

Lost potential & milking those poor patrons forever for a small content for every update.

Just as expected from the beginning when he releases his game on this thread and even the title its a bit copied to Orange Trainer that is also a 'Star Wars' theme but a slave simulator in death star pretty lame tbh.

p.s - Don't even bother download it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  6. 1.00 star(s)

danyg

Totally piece of shit. The developer wants to make money immediately. İ guess he thinks "I should be rich immediately". Ok I can understand that idea. But first show us some demo. Real demo. Darth Wader talks first day. A lot of bla bla than pop up. This is bullshit.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

ariloxi

I like trainers. I like the SW universe. I don't usually mind the grind. I liked the screenshots. So, it was almost impossible I would dislike this game.

Well... this game achieves The Impossible.

To be frank, I'm not sure this even qualifies as a game. It's a software that for 5 minutes tries to look like a clone of a couple of well known trainers. Then pretty fast it shows its true face. The (extremely bugged) grind is not only insane (I can deal with that), it's meant to be cheated. Then the game program casually suggest you that you can cheat... if you pay. Yeah, like in scam mobile games. What if you did, you may wonder? Well, looking in the assets of the game, there is just three nude pictures, and It's been like that since September '18. So yeah, It wouldn't matter anyway. There is just smoke and mirrors.

If that wasn't enough, then the game software does a back flip and ask you to rate the game (in this forum!!) if you want to continue, like a... scam mobile game,.It is a so self-parody move that I would have though It was some situationist performance to denounce the dehumanization of the capitalism system... or something. But no, there is no poetry, no good will, no vision of a game. There is only greed. And faith this reach to some clueless gamer. It's a plain scam and doesn't even tries to hide it.

If there are not Patreon Guidelines that forbid this scam, there should be.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

rook

Absolutely a wasted opportunity. It could have been great, but the dev won't let it. There are a million different versions of the game being released every month and none of them have sex after almost a year. The game is technically poor with many characters having placeholder images. The dev decided to implement a DRM-style code, but no one wants to play this game enough to actually bother cracking it.

If the dev is reading this, and I somewhat imagine he is, my genuine advice would be to stop with the multiple versions simply to cut down the work he has to do on a monthly basis. Mate, your focus is so spread out across the 5 different versions of your game that you're always going to be spinning your wheels. Since you're pretty much blatantly copying Something Unlimited, why not follow their example to the fullest? One version for everyone, no DRM. You'd make a lot more money that way.

In conclusion: game as it stands is bad, avoid it.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

bas

Game broken, sometimes to the point of being unplayable. Examples: last few updates the game made me to come to this forum and either "like" the game thread or give a 5-star review to keep playing. I did what it asked each time but then the game just ends?! It's almost like the game can't really tell if I did these things at all. Clearly your website is broken, F95zone.com (if that is even your real name). Fix your shit, ffs.

Oh, and the codebase and most CG assets were stolen from other games, the thing is filled to overflowing with bugs in every update (despite being updated almost weekly), and the level of sliminess in the game's "marketing" is an affront to all good things everywhere, including humanity itself.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

blaze837

I can only wish I could have voted a 0, this isn't just a matter of a terrible game. A terrible game could be chalked up to an inexperienced but driven developer. A lack of updates could just be some IRL issues. But this isn't a Corruption of Champions where the game is just too hard to code for.

This game is bad in every aspect except the underlining idea, which in a way makes it worse becuase we have to watch the potental being wasted like this. The game play is awful the load times unbareable and the Dev makes EA look tame(ish) with him constantly conning and scaming people and even requiring FTP builds have a code which you can only get if you join his discord.

TLDR Asshole Dev wait for it to be pirated.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

CrazyK

Horrible scam. Do not support this developer. Weekly update where there is close to no new content at all. Crappy developer that tries to block players off by requiring codes.

Been months since I played this games and when I tried it again, there's barely any new content despite them releasing countless of updates already
  12. 1.00 star(s)

sadman8547

Game is bugged as hell, little no content, I think thats enough to describe the current state of it.

when I say little no content, oh I mean theres nothing to see no nude shots only a little dance which only available for 3 characters
  13. 1.00 star(s)

SinnedBad

This game is a big waste of time. I've already invested too much time on it and it's just. not. worth. it. It mostly consists of grinding and the rewards are far and few in between.

Don't be fooled: grinding is not gameplay - just because it keeps popping up everywhere nowadays doesn't justify it. Older players might remember, that games used to have actual gameplay - mechanics. Grinding for recources is as much fun as cleaning your dishes again and again and again and again.
    Only that the first is a necessary task and the second thing is a substitute for lazy or greedy developers.

When AAA and big mobile Game Studios use sleazy monetiztion tactics and replace actual gameplay with grinding mechanics in order to sell "premium short-cuts" - that's awful enough, but they get away with it (for now) because their games actually have a professional appearance and draw you in with cool graphics and nice animation, for whatever that's worth. The polish can make you overlook that you're actually paying money to waste your precious time doing NOTHING. They are big corporations, though - that's what they do. It's near impossible to make them change their greedy ways.

When indie developers try that sh*t, though, it's simply desperate and pathetic and we shouldn't encourage that kind of behaviour. Here, as an audience, we DO have the means to nip attempts at exploitation in the bud by voicing our criticism and by immediately seizing any financial support.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

paper tiger

All set with this one. The game has a number of issues both technically and with game play. There is probably nothing is less fun than chasing around the limited content in an overbuilt structure and getting to wait for it to load every place you are look. In 1 or 2 places it hangs,as well. I stay away from demos, for that reason, but, I would not have expected that from something that has gone through this many versions.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

j of ski

Images are few and far between and the sketchy attempts at pay walls in the content are terrible. Content like this just reminds me of all the problems in big game companys filtering down into what for the most part is a great startup style community
  16. 1.00 star(s)

fappenings

The way the game was presented gave us high hopes, mostly due to the background and theme it is based of, However, there was never anything worth playing even when supporting. It is a cash grab as most will say in the ratings. The lack of actual content to play is really upsetting considering the time is as first came out. Stay away from this game if you want to spend some time on a game. This game was not the chosen one...
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Hybris

Little to no progress, money grabbing multi-version income scheme, and developer refuses to listen to feedback.

I want to like the game but at the rate of progress that we are seeing I'm not going to bother downloading for at least another 6+ months in hopes that eventually we will have some actual adult content and a somewhat functional game.

I will however be watching the comments in the thread as they rip apart the developer for his foolishness.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

Livvy

This game has potential. Or rather, the game idea has potential. A Star Wars based 'Trainer' game? That's a sure win. Hell, a Star Wars anything game should be able to make gangbuster numbers. Sadly, this game falls far short of any of that.

Without getting too much into it, this game has a muddy history. Feel free to read the thread if you want a fuller explanation, and to make your own impressions, but suffice to say this is a bad game. In fact, I'd go so far as to say this is a game which is bad at being a game.

There is, as of version 3.26, little to no content. What content there is, is spread out and piece meal at best. At worst, it is non-existent. This game acts more akin to a proof of concept than anything else, with place holder images as far as the eye can see. I'll say this for the game; what renders do exist are rather nice. Not amazing, but not terrible either. It's a pity that there are so few of them. In fact, of the three main girls - Princess Leia, Rey, and Queen Amidala - there are only a handful of renders each. I think I'm being generous with that assessment if I'm honest.

There is exactly one scene which you could refer to as 'sexual content', and it's right at the beginning. It's a single render of Darth Vader, with some nameless alien girls, getting a blowjob. It's not animated, and it doesn't change. That's all you'll get. After those first few moments, the next closest thing to sexual content is what amounts to a...very dubiously animated gif, of Vader spanking Princess Leia. So if you're playing this game in order to get off...well, you're out of luck.

Maybe you're here for the story? Shame, because you're out of luck on that front too. There is some lip service paid to the idea of a story; some time travel, reality bending shenanigans allow people who should be dead to be alive, people who should be old are young and new again, and people who shouldn't even be born are wondering why you're looking at them funny. It's nothing substantial, and aside from a few throw away lines, it's not important at all. It would almost be worth it, if the author lampshaded all this with a Jedi mind trick or two, but, alas.

Gameplay wise, it's your basic 'get girl, make girl dance, get money' system that you've seen elsewhere. You've probably seen it done much better elsewhere too. The grind in this game is unreal. Grinding is fine. It's a core mechanic of a lot of games. Sometimes it's needed to stop the game from being terribly short. Here however, the grind is there to be a grind.

Let's take the Emperor's Bordello upgrades - it's the only ones left at time of writing, but it's pointless at the moment - and compare it to how much you make a day. To upgrade EB to level 4, it costs 1000000 credits. With three fully broken slaves, alll performing specials at the Canteena, you make 30000 a day. With a fully upgraded Patreon Quarters, you make an additional 300 a day, so 30300 a day. In other words, unless I'm doing some fucky math here, it'll take you 34 in game days to get enough money to upgrade the Bordello to the final level. Oh, and that's not 34 days to upgrade it from the start. That's 34 days from Level 3 to Level 4.

But here's the thing. Remember that a core mechanic is that if your rebel threat level is too high, one of your slaves will be kidnapped. Which means you have to go recapture them. There is a way to prevent this, and it's to assign her to a cell, which is good! The bad news is, in the current version you can only unlock two cells. Meaning one of your girls will get kidnapped at some point, and you will have to retrieve her if you want to get back up to peak income. Know what costs credits? Retrieving your slave. Meaning it'll take you a lot longer than those 34 in game days.

Yes, you can collect tributes - 75000 credits - but that causes your rebel threat to increase by 2%, every seven to eight days. Your threat level will increase regardless of collecting tributes by the way. Which means at some point you will have to spend money on recapturing a slave. There's no two ways about it. It's not 'if' it's 'when'.

34 days to upgrade the BE to the final level. There are six sections of the Death Star you can upgrade from the Command Center. Security Office? Ehh, you can hire bigger, better Bounty Hunters, but there's no real point. Sure, they'll increase your chances of successfully capturing a girl, but I never had an issue with the Level 1's. Plus, it seems more cost effective to use Level 1's, since they're three times cheaper, and seem to be able to use level 3 capture devices. Emperor's Bordello? Currently worthless, since there's nothing there. You should only upgrade the Cantina, Torture Room and Patreon Quarters. Don't bother breaking your three slaves past the level that will allow you to set them to 'Special' in the Cantina either. There's nothing beyond that currently, though it is possible the text changes if they're a higher level. I forgot to test this.

In addition to all of that, there's something else that'll sap your time, and honestly? I couldn't tell you if this is the fault of the dev, or the engine they've chosen to use. Every single time you do anything, from talk to one of your officers, to just choosing to advance a day, you're hit with a loading screen. The loading screen takes...let's say, two seconds. Which is fine. It's fast even! Remember however, that loading screen will take place every time you do anything. Advance the day? Loading screen. Decide to check your quarters? Loading screen. Leave your screen? Loading screen. Want to visit the cells? Loading screen. Want to then check a specific cell?

TWO LOADING SCREENS!

There are just so many places where that loading screen is not needed, or places where it could be averted. Instead of say, choosing to check the cells, then choosing a cell, then having to confirm again that you want to check the cell...you could just check the cell. Simple little improvements like that could cut down on the time it takes to do anything. Here's the thing; I've played other games developed in Unity. They don't seem to have this problem, or if they do, they make sure to work around it, not plough right into it.

As always, this shows potential, but falls short of much else. It has original renders, has a good concept (albeit so far nothing you've not seen before),and the idea of breaking various Star Wars girls is appealing. It's just...not good enough for me to recommend, in its current state. The grind is too harsh, the rewards all but non-existent, no way to replay what very little NSFW content there is, and little to nothing to do but click, pause, click, pause, click, pause. You would get the same experience from playing a cookie clicker, while looking at a lingerie catalogue. It's not worth downloading, and I don't think it ever will be. Who knows? Maybe it'll prove me wrong, and become a top rated game on here. I won't be holding my breathe for it though.

Tl;dr - By the time you 'finish' this game, you could learned to make your own game of a similar structure, and it'd probably be a better calibre too. I cannot recommend this, unless you need to play any adult Star Wars game, and won't take no for an answer.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Sed

This is just a reskin of Something Unlimited, without much content.
    It creates browser popups and tries to force you to 'like' the game to continue.

The only purpose to the game I've found, is to push people toward a patron account. This is garbage.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Urtasil

Its rare that want to down a game this much, and i played earlyer version. but ..... holly crap a intro uis alot of choises but stilm you have no clue on whats happening. and then no option for save at start of day 1 ! . if you make a intro thats 2 min or more long at fast forward the give us a chance to save !
    Its gona be a no from me for the nekst few updates unless the saves options gets fixed. Damed i realy like Starwars setup.