3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Always :)

It's really just a random shot to see how the DAZ Dragon looks.
About the Dragon, it looks awful. But that is nothing you can do about. Or you push it into Blender or Hexagon and give it more polygons, especially in the mouth area. Also the it's skin, I never liked it. Always lookes like plastic to me, if you use it vanilla. But again, that is something that sticks to the asset itself.

The hair of your model on the other hand. It's something I detected in some of your works. It always behaves weird. sometimes it sticks into solid surfaces like neck and shoulders and sometimes it moves unnatural like in this case. The acceleration and the movement of the dragon dictates how the her hair should move.

Hence it is a random shoot I don't get into the catchlights in her eyes, they make her look somewhat insane. Same goes for her pose. It could need some tweaking, if it would be a serious work.

But when I understood you right, you wanna go into the photorealistic branch of CG, and therefore her skin needs goosebumps, look at the altitude of her. It is freaking cold up there. And fantasy setting or not, goosebumps can look sexy. Also the materials of her clothing could use some tweaking in this light to look more realistic, the straps on her arms look outright flat not like textile or leather. And the straps on her legs, I'm not sure if they are oily leather or latex coated.
And I know it is really nitpicky but photorealism has the term "photo" for a reason. Therefore I'm missing a lot of the typical troublemakers in cameras. I knew that photographers and cinematographers do a lot of postwork to dampen some of those effects. Here is a non-definite list of things I would love to see in this picture.
Partial or full motion blur, stronger lense distortion, lense flare (especially with this kind of lighting), chromatic aberration, a small vignette etc.
I don't wanna be mean here, but I think you prefere those straight words over sugar coated ones.

Reactions: kaboomer69

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Just a slight.. homage to an anime called Kakegurui - and to a fan art made of it, precisely. Unfortunately I had to "arrange" myself with something remotely resembling a school uniform and this was the only one fitting for the job! And I don't think that there are eyes like hers (showed in the anime I mean or like my pfp) out there but probably you could make it in one way or another. However since I'm not that expert with Daz yet, I just chose the simple red eyes from another model
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And since the theme of the anime itself is the gambling, I came up with this on PS

I'm wondering if it's better the white background.. or the darker one above? For the cards? :unsure:

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Just a slight.. homage to an anime called Kakegurui - and to a fan art made of it, precisely. Unfortunately I had to "arrange" myself with something remotely resembling a school uniform and this was the only one fitting for the job! And I don't think that there are eyes like hers (showed in the anime I mean or like my pfp) out there but probably you could make it in one way or another. However since I'm not that expert with Daz yet, I just chose the simple red eyes from another model
And since the theme of the anime itself is the gambling, I came up with this on PS

I'm wondering if it's better the white background.. or the darker one above? For the cards? :unsure:
I like the darker one more... But both rendere are indeed equally good

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Quick test I did of a bar environment I want to use. Big thing for me was optimizing it as much as possible for a quick render. When I do most of my shots in here, I'll be able to hide a lot of the environment so it's not a big deal, but for a wide I wanted to see if I could do a quick render. Don't mind the stuff outside the window, the scene was render scene only and I just put a random cityscape image back there.

I deleted a lot of the emissive lights that came with the set, deleted the original bar area and added another one from a different set, then added ghost lights to the windows for fill, and a few spotlights for additional lighting. For this wide, very high detail wasn't a big priority for me, so I turned on the denoiser. Whole thing rendered at 1080p in about 7 minutes which I'm happy with. Did some coloring, contrast work, etc. in PS. Think it turned out pretty well and should allow me to just place characters, hide parts I'm not using, hide lights I'm not using, adjust the ones I am, and go. But if something sticks out that I missed, I'm all ears. Lighting can be tough and time consuming, probably the 2nd hardest thing for me after good posing.

Bar Test Post.png

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
About the Dragon, it looks awful. But that is nothing you can do about. Or you push it into Blender or Hexagon and give it more polygons, especially in the mouth area. Also the it's skin, I never liked it. Always lookes like plastic to me, if you use it vanilla. But again, that is something that sticks to the asset itself.

The hair of your model on the other hand. It's something I detected in some of your works. It always behaves weird. sometimes it sticks into solid surfaces like neck and shoulders and sometimes it moves unnatural like in this case. The acceleration and the movement of the dragon dictates how the her hair should move.

Hence it is a random shoot I don't get into the catchlights in her eyes, they make her look somewhat insane. Same goes for her pose. It could need some tweaking, if it would be a serious work.

But when I understood you right, you wanna go into the photorealistic branch of CG, and therefore her skin needs goosebumps, look at the altitude of her. It is freaking cold up there. And fantasy setting or not, goosebumps can look sexy. Also the materials of her clothing could use some tweaking in this light to look more realistic, the straps on her arms look outright flat not like textile or leather. And the straps on her legs, I'm not sure if they are oily leather or latex coated.
And I know it is really nitpicky but photorealism has the term "photo" for a reason. Therefore I'm missing a lot of the typical troublemakers in cameras. I knew that photographers and cinematographers do a lot of postwork to dampen some of those effects. Here is a non-definite list of things I would love to see in this picture.
Partial or full motion blur, stronger lense distortion, lense flare (especially with this kind of lighting), chromatic aberration, a small vignette etc.
I don't wanna be mean here, but I think you prefere those straight words over sugar coated ones.
All valid points:

Reactions: Techn0magier

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Created a strip club using primitives and some props. Too many assets out there with overly complicated geometry / lighting that kill render times. Still have to insert some chairs / tables.
View attachment 233048
Agreed, some of these sets have like 30 point lights and like a dozen emissives and it's just insane to try and render. This does the job just fine. I mean, we're meant to be looking at the girl anyway, not all the fancy little props and lights.

Reactions: Xavster

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Created a strip club using primitives and some props. Too many assets out there with overly complicated geometry / lighting that kill render times. Still have to insert some chairs / tables.
View attachment 233048
Holy shit, this render is gorgeous. I like it this way, i mean clean, without unnecessary props. This way the whole scene looks somewhat lonely, with the girl trying to express her inner self.

Reactions: Xavster

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
My first new character of 2019. Haruna! I've been wanting to create an Asian character for months now, but each time I tried, I could never really get close to what I wanted her to look like facially. Then today happened. Now she looks fuckin perfect to me. I had an earlier version of her that I created today as well, but the hairstyle didn't really match what I was going for. (Thank God for the Ichigo hair. One of Daz's vendors is definitely a "Darling in the Franxx" fan)
Haruna Version 2.jpg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Quick test I did of a bar environment I want to use. Big thing for me was optimizing it as much as possible for a quick render. When I do most of my shots in here, I'll be able to hide a lot of the environment so it's not a big deal, but for a wide I wanted to see if I could do a quick render. Don't mind the stuff outside the window, the scene was render scene only and I just put a random cityscape image back there.

I deleted a lot of the emissive lights that came with the set, deleted the original bar area and added another one from a different set, then added ghost lights to the windows for fill, and a few spotlights for additional lighting. For this wide, very high detail wasn't a big priority for me, so I turned on the denoiser. Whole thing rendered at 1080p in about 7 minutes which I'm happy with. Did some coloring, contrast work, etc. in PS. Think it turned out pretty well and should allow me to just place characters, hide parts I'm not using, hide lights I'm not using, adjust the ones I am, and go. But if something sticks out that I missed, I'm all ears. Lighting can be tough and time consuming, probably the 2nd hardest thing for me after good posing.

View attachment 233041
Rendering this in 7 minutes speaks for itself. I mean, I don't know yours specs, but I know for sure with the amount of assets on screen this would take ages unoptimised.
The bar looks a bit to low in relation to the stools though and the room in the backgound seems to be a bit too bright.
But all in all a really good render and I know how much work this is after creating a whole apartment myself xD

Reactions: MovieMike

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Rendering this in 7 minutes speaks for itself. I mean, I don't know yours specs, but I know for sure with the amount of assets on screen this would take ages unoptimised.
The bar looks a bit to low in relation to the stools though and the room in the backgound seems to be a bit too bright.
But all in all a really good render and I know how much work this is after creating a whole apartment myself xD
My specs are pretty good; i6700k, 32 gigs ram, GTX 1080 and 1070. Even with that, if I don't optimize some stuff I'll be sitting around for ages.

I should've turned down some lights in the back room and now that you say it the bar is definitely too low. So easy to miss things. Thanks!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes