3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Quick one before bed. With the bar open and a hiring sign out front, it's not long before Mac has his first applicant.

Did this one 2 fold. Rendered just the character at 4k, and the bg at 1080p with denoiser. Compiled and colored in PS. Shirt sim done in Marvelous Designer. Maybe about 30-40 minutes total for everything.

2. LaQuisha Enters.png

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Planning on a sci-fi series and am considering the following main cast.
From Left: Zelara (Science), Vera (?), Julia (Doctor), Jessie (Captain), Aureska (Security), Cypher (Engineering), Tanya (Pilot)
Cast.jpg

Vera is one of my older characters and doesn't seem to fit in the lineup, hence I will probably not include in crew. Please feel free to let me know if there are any tweaks that would help the characters, or anything that looks a little off.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Love your work @Mescalino , you are 100x better than me in PS and Daz, but I don't like the b&w one because it's flat.

I'm not a pro in PS, but I've tried to do something on your b&w (it's not perfect, perhaps too much noise) :
I've add some noise, push contrast, and more.
View attachment 233259

I'm sure you can do better with your b&w ;)

Cheers.
Better?:
Jessie_BandW_2.jpg
Used a different B&W Action and tried to give it some depth.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
The biggest issue with this is the difference between the skin and the clothing, mainly the socks as they have essentially zero cloth detail. I'd suggest looking at , should let you add in the detail you need but I'm not sure if it would keep the two stripes at the top (though it does have it's own patterns).

Reactions: kaboomer69

paiin

Jan 17, 2019
From Left: Zelara (Science), Vera (?), Julia (Doctor), Jessie (Captain), Aureska (Security), Cypher (Engineering), Tanya (Pilot)
View attachment 233301

Vera is one of my older characters and doesn't seem to fit in the lineup, hence I will probably not include in crew. Please feel free to let me know if there are any tweaks that would help the characters, or anything that looks a little off.
i think every thing is good enough even vera [maybe vera's hair style is not popular in sci-fi series] but she is fine
but the male protagonist is perfect and in my view he is the best and well designed character
good luck

Reactions: Xavster

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
View attachment 233301

Vera is fine. Make her role communications (every SciFi story has to have someone in charge of communications with all those strange aliens out there.

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Better?:
View attachment 233310
Used a different B&W Action and tried to give it some depth.
I prefer this b&w, but perhaps a too much contrast :)
You know, in the first one, the character seems to be made in white marble, it seems to be a Roman statue. The skin has some frekles, I like to see this in a black and white picture.

They are too many types of b&w (very high contrast, ...) but here is an example of a b&w pic I like :
efcc1060313245dce0bbb2d487119a9a--female-reference-anatomy-reference.jpg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
View attachment 233301

I too think vera is fine.
Actually Aureska looks a bit out of place imo. She looks too much like a fantasy dark elf and not a like a scifi alien to me^^

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
The original b&w is still the best of them. Both of the "enhanced" versions you and @Part made are too much. Why don't you tray a little depth of field?
Composition and model look nice imo!
I tried to do that by adding a bokeh on the second b&w image and making it pop a bit more hoping the bokeh effect would be more prominent and creating the depth. But it hard creating depth on a semi flat setting. maybe i should have fiddled a bit with overlays but i wanted to keep it simple (as you pointed out the enhancement is/can be to much to quick. Especialy with B&W or sepia filters).

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I prefer this b&w, but perhaps a too much contrast :)
You know, in the first one, the character seems to be made in white marble, it seems to be a Roman statue. The skin has some frekles, I like to see this in a black and white picture.

They are too many types of b&w (very high contrast, ...) but here is an example of a b&w pic I like :
View attachment 233354
I tried amping up the contrast in an attempt to show those freckles. I find with most B&W actions/filters the skin gets flat really quick. I will keep on practicing though.

Reactions: Part

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
The biggest issue with this is the difference between the skin and the clothing, mainly the socks as they have essentially zero cloth detail. I'd suggest looking at , should let you add in the detail you need but I'm not sure if it would keep the two stripes at the top (though it does have it's own patterns).
Oh, the problem here isn't the missing of texture. You can see what is messed up, when you look into the shadows of said socks.
It's called color clipping and happens when a bright surface is over exposured or a dark surface is under exposured. This mainly happens with white and black. As long as iRay uses (s)RGB as the colorspace, this will always happen if you don't get the lighting and exposure right. Sadly I couldn't find a way to change the colorspace in iRay to smth like filmic, so far. Which handles colors far more realistic then the current ones.

Reactions: kaboomer69
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes