• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Just a test render for a still work in progress character. What do you think of her? Do you buy that she's in her forties?

View attachment 232661
Nope. I would say, early 30's at best. Look at the differences in the bone structure of older people compared to their younger selfs. Her waist looks off to me, for example. This is some stuff, even fitness trainingand make up can't compensate. But I really love her prostetic arm.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Nope. I would say, early 30's at best. Look at the differences in the bone structure of older people compared to their younger selfs. Her waist looks off to me, for example. This is some stuff, even fitness trainingand make up can't compensate. But I really love her prostetic arm.
Hmm, maybe I'll age her up a little more then. And about her waist, do you mean off as in too thin? Because I purposely made it narrower than I normally would. Also, I'm glad you like the arm. I think it adds character (and backstory), so I just hope not too many people are turned off by it.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Hmm, maybe I'll age her up a little more then. And about her waist, do you mean off as in too thin? Because I purposely made it narrower than I normally would. Also, I'm glad you like the arm. I think it adds character (and backstory), so I just hope not too many people are turned off by it.
In the lack of better words. It looks likeit hadn't endured some years of using. It is hard to explain for me b/c english isn't my native language. The older humans get the more their posture changes. In the 20's the body starts to collapse, and becomes more compact un the silluette. The waist is one of those Bodyzones that changes drastically if you don't workout and/or live healthy otherwise. With some hints like a surgeual scar you could point aut that she maybe had a cyberkinetic modification there or such.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Putting girls on each other's laps wasn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. No flat surfaces so I always end up with either floating or clipping bodies.
Still, came out alright I think.

View attachment 232794
View attachment 232795
:love:

Never tried it but there is a sickleyield tutorial that claims to handle skin indentation which I'm guessing would do what you want, assuming it works at all.

Reactions: DownTheDrain

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Just a test render for a still work in progress character. What do you think of her? Do you buy that she's in her forties?
First of all, cool design.

That said, I think I would prefer the cybernetic arm to be solid.
Don't get me wrong, the wire-meshy surface looks kinda wicked, but to me it's not... sexy, for lack of a better word. I wouldn't want to get a handjob with that thing if she's supposed to be a romantic interest.

Not sure about her being in her forties either. I mean, it's obviously a futuristic setting so you can easily get away with just about any explanation for a youthful body, but without a backstory to it her skin looks just too smooth and pristine to me. I'd buy the face though, especially with makeup on.

Reactions: Conviction07

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
:love:

Never tried it but there is a sickleyield tutorial that claims to handle skin indentation which I'm guessing would do what you want, assuming it works at all.
Yup, that's exactly what I failed to do.
Thanks for the link, I'll definitely give that a try.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Turns out it does work but it's finnicky as fuck, as suggested in the thread it might work best with primitives to simulate collision rather than colliding with the actual object, it's also nowhere near as unstable as the thread claims at least for me.

View attachment 232857
You've gotten farther with that than me.
It kinda sorta works but I have yet to get it to look even remotely realistic. On the plus side it hasn't crashed yet either.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes