3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Bundle comes with a character Alabama who has a lot of potential. Anyone game to give her a shot?
SHE is A M A Z I N G
So yes as soon as i have her she will be in a render. Hopefully this weekend i have time to play with her. Just thinking on which direction i will go. Want to do something nice and special.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
View attachment 225091
The Heroine.

Pure of heart, ever vigilant and valiant.
She wandered the wilds, and slew many a villain.
A virtuous virgin, like ivory her tender body shines in the autumn eve.

That is, until one day...

View attachment 225092
She wandered into the wrong dungeon. Mine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
looks great! Dont mind the shadows, most people wont even notice them (yeah i know, i know)

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
So i've made a render test for my scene with an emissive sphere behind and slightly above the camera (as @Xavster suggested) plus an hdri dome. But the result is not what i hoped for, i might make some more test/pre-render until i get something better
As always tips and corrections are welcomed

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
looks great! Dont mind the shadows, most people wont even notice them (yeah i know, i know)
Thanks, yes I think you are right - there are many things that artists obsess about which the viewers usually don't notice.
Although my experience tells me that, even when I don't notice something directly, it can lead to the whole image being off. Photorealism is about the small inconspicious details, after all.

I also look at my images over and over again to analyze them, and there is a growing list of details that seem to be missing.
For example:
  • saliva dripping from her gagged mouth and forming a little puddle on the floor
  • sweat on the body (already used a geoshell but removed for the render)
  • spanking marks on the buttocks
  • the fists don't look clenched enough
  • etc.

So i've made a render test for my scene with an emissive sphere behind and slightly above the camera (as @Xavster suggested) plus an hdri dome. But the result is not what i hoped for, i might make some more test/pre-render until i get something better

I think has some good tips exactly for your issue.

Just bewarned, these videos are extremely annoying to watch. The author is not prepared at all, doesn't cut the videos, there's even the GPU cooler humming in the background.
In competition against any halfway decent YouTubers he would have no chance. Lots of good information though.

Reactions: Nomec104

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
A general Tip for lighting:
A lightsource always should fullfill at least one purpose, like removing or creating a shadow, seperating objects etc.
A good exercise would be "The Egg". Place an egg or sphere in a dark room and then hit it with a single lightsource from different directions for a render (N/NW/W/SW/S/SE/E/NE). This will show you, what light will do in general, when it hits an object. When they are using HDRI, a lot of people consider them as at least two different light sources, in this case, pretty much like an outdoor photoshoot (direct sunlight and environmental fill light).

When I need a key or effect light at the place near the camera, I use a thorus and center the camera in its middle. This way I got more control over shadows and directions.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'd try to play a bit with the exposure value in the render settings and use a soft light with low intensity instead of a emission sphere.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017

Just bewarned, these videos are extremely annoying to watch. The author is not prepared at all, doesn't cut the videos, there's even the GPU cooler humming in the background.
In competition against any halfway decent YouTubers he would have no chance. Lots of good information though.

A general Tip for lighting:
A lightsource always should fullfill at least one purpose, like removing or creating a shadow, seperating objects etc.
A good exercise would be "The Egg". Place an egg or sphere in a dark room and then hit it with a single lightsource from different directions for a render (N/NW/W/SW/S/SE/E/NE). This will show you, what light will do in general, when it hits an object. When they are using HDRI, a lot of people consider them as at least two different light sources, in this case, pretty much like an outdoor photoshoot (direct sunlight and environmental fill light).

When I need a key or effect light at the place near the camera, I use a thorus and center the camera in its middle. This way I got more control over shadows and directions.

I'd try to play a bit with the exposure value in the render settings and use a soft light with low intensity instead of a emission sphere.
Ty guys for the tips, i really apreciate it. I'm a newbie here and i know pratically nothing about professional photography.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks, yes I think you are right - there are many things that artists obsess about which the viewers usually don't notice.
Although my experience tells me that, even when I don't notice something directly, it can lead to the whole image being off. Photorealism is about the small inconspicious details, after all.
You're totally right, missing a small detail can ruin the whole image. I'm not better though, I usually spend more time fixing small things than creating the scene itself.

btw shes missing ankle cuffs with a pole between them (how is this called again?) :p

Reactions: kaboomer69

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017

I also look at my images over and over again to analyze them, and there is a growing list of details that seem to be missing.
For example:
  • saliva dripping from her gagged mouth and forming a little puddle on the floor
  • sweat on the body (already used a geoshell but removed for the render)
  • spanking marks on the buttocks
  • the fists don't look clenched enough
  • etc.
So pretty much the thought process of every artist? ;) Normally I'm proud of my work for a few hours, after that I start to nitpick on it, till I convinced myself that it is not even showable.

Dreamlight has a lot of interesting tutorials, sadly they closed their store at renderosity. But yeah the shorter ones from Val are mostly without a real thread. But in exchange he often has a project that he shows from start to finish, at the end of a series. That helps alot to undertand his gibberish in heinsight.

Reactions: kaboomer69

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So pretty much the thought process of every artist? ;) Normally I'm proud of my work for a few hours, after that I start to nitpick on it, till I convinced myself that it is not even showable.
That's totally me^^"

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
You're totally right, missing a small detail can ruin the whole image. I'm not better though, I usually spend more time fixing small things than creating the scene itself.

btw shes missing ankle cuffs with a pole between them (how is this called again?) :p
Suspension Cuffs for G8F? All parts from that asset always failed to conform to G3F though, which I used for that scene.

Well she doesn't need that; she's a holy virgin so she actually wants "it" so desperately... her ass and pussy are wet and gaping for a reason :D

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Suspension Cuffs for G8F? All parts from that asset always failed to conform to G3F though, which I used for that scene.

Well she doesn't need that; she's a holy virgin so she actually wants "it" so desperately... her ass and pussy are wet and gaping for a reason :D
A "spreader bar" was what I meant, but it's even better if she doesn't need it :D

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
The lighting on the scene is fine, it really is a matter of what you are seeking to do. If you want harder shadows, you really need to change the HDRI for a point light source as your scene is missing 2 walls and a roof. Also if you want a hard shadow on the couch, reduce the size and increase the intensity of the emmissive light source and move it to the right of the camera.

To get the effect you want, most adjustments are changing position, direction and intensity of the light sources. Reading many information sources on lighting, whilst experimenting will only serve to improve your skills.

Note: With emmissive light sources the intensity is the amount of light emitted per unit of surface area. Hence large emmissive surfaces will emit more light than smaller ones at the same intensity.

Reactions: Enyos

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
Some rework here: I make the fishnet top clings more tightly to her, also changed slightly her facial morph but it is barely visible without direct comparison. I added blooming effect and also done some postwork on it...
EDIT (16/1): changed slightly her face morph + lowered her ponytail + the image is using EXR 32-bits beauty canvas as base for the postwork
View attachment 225422
Just make an update to my last render (updated the post) using the 32-bits beauty canvas as base of the postwork...

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes