3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
You using 4.11?
Yep

Your render settings are way over the top, no wonder it takes ages.
Also, extreme closeups like this always need more time.
This is just a tiny part of the image, no close-up

7hours0percent2.jpg

I guess the quality looks great already, this is much better than real photographs in that size. Question is just how it can be at 0% at all. Like a bug in the 4.11 beta, etc

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ah yes, I see it now. But still, try to lower your settings, especially the render quality.
Have a look at my latest renders posted here, they're all at default progressive settings. You really don't need that much.

jaydeertay

Oct 14, 2018
Yep

This is just a tiny part of the image
Not going to say I know the problem, but I have had the progress bar in 4.11 bug out for me. If I do a 4K render, it sometimes hangs up at a certain percentage and then completes out of nowhere. Never got stuck at 0% tho.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Ah yes, I see it now. But still, try to lower your settings, especially the render quality.
Have a look at my latest renders posted here, they're all at default progressive settings. You really don't need that much.
Yeah i guess this high render quality is overkill at >4K resolution. Though turning it down to default will probably look at lot worse even at 100% convergence.

Not going to say I know the problem, but I have had the progress bar in 4.11 bug out for me. If I do a 4K render, it sometimes hangs up at a certain percentage and then completes out of nowhere. Never got stuck at 0% tho.
Definitely seems like a bug, yes. Well the timer is set to 8 hours, we'll see soon.

Lovely skin-is that based on ecVh0's IRAY Pale Skin Shader?
Pure Skin Builder 3.

Reactions: FranceToast

jaydeertay

Oct 14, 2018
Yeah i guess this high render quality is overkill at >4K resolution. Though turning it down to default will probably look at lot worse even at 100% convergence.
I thought you cant get 100% convergence. I thought the max you should set it to is 99.9%. That might be your issue.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Though turning it down to default will probably look at lot worse even at 100% convergence.
That depends. If the textures are good you can get great results at default:

(Too big to attach)
8k, default settings, 2 hours rendering, 95%. The hdri in the background (the hills) is only 2k, thats why they look a bit shitty.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I thought you cant get 100% convergence. I thought the max you should set it to is 99.9%. That might be your issue.
At 100% Iray wont ever stop rendering (literaly). I don't remember why, but there are several threads about it in the nvidia iray and daz forums where you can read about this.

MrNieth

Donor
Jul 22, 2017
@kaboomer69

Well you got god ray wich take time with a high resolution + the emissives of the flames, if you don't have acces to Pixar or Disney technologies you should render each effect alone then merge them in photoshop

Reactions: kaboomer69
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes