3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I honestly don't use denoiser because I take my pics into Photoshop afterward. Between rendering at a higher size and reducing it to 1920x1080 or using Photoshop denoiser, which is better, I get better results than the built in one in daz. Who knows, maybe with each version of studio it'll get better. Right now I'd only really recommend it for wide shots of non people. So like world building, cars, etc.
yep, photoshop denoiser is definetely better.
I used to do the same, rendering triple the actual size and used ps denoiser, but honestly, if you play a bit with the render settings and light, you dont even need to do that that most of the time.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
yep, photoshop denoiser is definetely better.
I used to do the same, rendering triple the actual size and used ps denoiser, but honestly, if you play a bit with the render settings and light, you dont even need to do that that most of the time.
Agreed, it's no big deal for me since I'm doing coloring and a few other things in there anyway, but most of the time just resizing is fine and sometimes even that's unnecessary. But doing a few passes for contrast, levels, and sharpening make a world of difference.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Same as before, with PS "stuff":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Without PS "help":

It took me something like two restart of the PC because of, most likely, that damn futuristic bike over there. All of my available RAM went up to the stars and even beyond to the point that I wasn't able to do anything at all. Not even the scene optimizer helped at all. At all. And I've decreased so much the maps and even removed every single detail from that, and was still stuttering nonetheless. What a nightmare
457386909237510145.gif

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
Same as before, with PS "stuff":
Without PS "help":

It took me something like two restart of the PC because of, most likely, that damn futuristic bike over there. All of my available RAM went up to the stars and even beyond to the point that I wasn't able to do anything at all. Not even the scene optimizer helped at all. At all. And I've decreased so much the maps and even removed every single detail from that, and was still stuttering nonetheless. What a nightmare
View attachment 224329
I think the PS work made her a bit too orange. Unless you were going for a starfire look.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I think the PS work made her a bit too orange. Unless you were going for a starfire look.
I honestly don't know myself what I wanted to "make" with PS xD
I just thought that the original was a little.. pale in a certain sense. Maybe I should choose another coloration :unsure:

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
@recreation @MovieMike the iterations before denoiser activates is the big key factor. Just like without denoiser. More iterations mean less grain. I use denoiser for everything now. It took me a good amount of experimenting to get it right. I don't have to render higher then resize anymore. I still use PS for a lot of things but the key part is finding what works for you.

With some extra work in PS. Mostly layer adjustments.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
@recreation @MovieMike the iterations before denoiser activates is the big key factor. Just like without denoiser. More iterations mean less grain. I use denoiser for everything now. It took me a good amount of experimenting to get it right. I don't have to render higher then resize anymore. I still use PS for a lot of things but the key part is finding what works for you.

With some extra work in PS. Mostly layer adjustments.
Looks great. My problem is knowing when to set it, like for some scenes I'll get 500 iterations in 15 minutes and it'll look so so. In others, I'll get 1500 in 5 minutes. So it's hard to know where to set that denoiser to start. I wish you could set it to start at a percentage because rendering at just the rez you want definitely is fast especially if you have a decent rig, which I do.

How do you figure out where to set the denoiser start? Like that image, what if it's been 2 hours and you've done 400 iterations?

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
Looks great. My problem is knowing when to set it, like for some scenes I'll get 500 iterations in 15 minutes and it'll look so so. In others, I'll get 1500 in 5 minutes. So it's hard to know where to set that denoiser to start. I wish you could set it to start at a percentage because rendering at just the rez you want definitely is fast especially if you have a decent rig, which I do.

How do you figure out where to set the denoiser start? Like that image, what if it's been 2 hours and you've done 400 iterations?
It was just about testing a lot for me. I rarely have anything go over an hour now. Only if I do 2k or 4k. May be hardware I'm not sure. I have a 1070 plus 64gb ram. That seems to have helped a lot. The percentage is a much better idea. Where to have denoiser start seems as close to the final iterations as possible is the best. Unfortunately if you don't know how many iterations it will take. That's the issue. But my experience so far is within 50 or less of the final iterations.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Reverse shot, Mac isn't a happy camper. Did a try with the DeNoiser, but didn't end up using it. Set it to start at 250 iterations, but I think it washed just a tad too much out. I actually kinda like the look it gives since I'm not going for ultra realistic anyway, but I'll need to toy around with it to see what's idea. This one was rendered at 2k then resized and altered in PhotoShop.

No Denoiser.png

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Decided to try not just bathing my characters in shadows.

View attachment 223499

Could do with more clutter but it was like... 3am and I was losing the will to live :ROFLMAO:
Really liked this one!

The perfect white skin with the flushed arousal-face, the naturally shaped tits in motion, nice detail with the panties hanging on her leg and the toes spread. DoF softly leading the view back to her face. Great lighting, colors and contrast overall.

Don't know if the shot could have been improved by zooming closer in; I actually like the distanced vibe of this angle. Feels like accidentally walking in on them.

If there is anything wrong (besides the guy who's fucking her not being me), I think the pubic region looks oddly straight like in Honey Select. Don't know which gen model that is - but either making the pussy look wet, adding a curved labia minora shape, or just shorter could fix that.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Guys im trying to render a fairly simple scene, but i dont know how to lit it up. At the beginning i thought of doing a 3 pointlight, but with the wall and window is physically impossible. So now im stuck and don't know how to proceed.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes