3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
NSFW picture in attachment.
@EvilMonkey and @captainJugs
No worries... all criticism is welcome and treated as constructive. Also, thanks for the good words about the render itself. I get your points regarding too many points of interest and lighting.
I'm still testing the waters in Daz, so thought I'd first aim for a clean composition, an attractive figure and apt lighting.
The pose was substantially altered to make the model drape herself around the clock-face while the hands of the clock were moved to point to the model's erogenous zones, only for artistic purposes rather than for any logical reason.
Here's my attempt at following your suggestions and my own bent.
This time, Amber is nude, so the entire focus is on her beauty. Also, I applied a burn filter to diminish the effect of the background.
Let me know what you'll think.
Thanks for looking.
P.S. I realise that she is overexposed [no pun intended ... or is it?] at certain locations... but as it is a learning process, I'll remedy that aspect later.
What about having more of a soft amber light on amber? :D
Honestly, I think it will fit the surroundings better since it seems the environment is somewhat dark. Maybe make it so she's light up by gas lighting or sconces?

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
@muttdoggy Thanks for the suggestion. Am still a noob at lighting so this process is often a hit or a miss. Will attempt to work on the 'Amber' art and see how it goes.
Meanwhile, here's 'Akasha Feeling Blue': another render that I did on my earlier PC and saved it on an external source soon before that PC gave up on me. The scene and assets are currently unavailable given that they are in the hard disk of that PC, thus inaccessible.
Given the original file name, I know it is Akasha (for V4?) with Chandra hair & wearing hot-pants. It was rendered in iray with iray promolights, another backlight and a fantasy backdrop. The environment has the name 'balustrade' in it.
I would have liked to have had her left hand positioned on the outside of her footwear rather than where it is now, but I can't do that now.
I could not give her a shadow, so might attempt to do so in post-work if there is a need, but - for now - I like how the art looks. There is no post-production work done on this, except for the watermark.
Let me know what you'll think.
Thanks for looking and for any advice.

Last edited:

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
The Blue Cheongsam: Just a 'pretty' render to test out the assets I still have and can access. While I haven't tried working on the 'depth of focus' issue, I did follow the advice of fellow Daz-ers on softening up the light and shadows. Also this is a self-made pose.
Most of these are old content, V4, 4.2 and Gen2 stuff, saved in an external HD. Am slowly gathering content, largely consisting of freebies as can't re-spend on content acquisition after having splurged on a new PC, repairing the old one and installing three new graphic cards.

imghost

Oct 14, 2017
PC's mother.
Might change this one, finding older looking models that still look good isn't easy. This one looks way to young to be the mother unfortunately. Great body though. :p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You could always try some aging morphs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
Kumiko near camera-FS'd.jpg Kumiko on sofa-FS'd.jpg

Finally, I got some more assets installed and sorted out and managed to get this beauty fixed onto my canvas.

So, folks, here's Kumiko, a sure candidate for a character in a game I am planning related to Japanese higher education.

The poses are story-driven, so they do not have any major artistic value by themselves. Also, in retrospect, the seated picture seems to have a tiny amount of space separating the character's buttocks and the sofa. A little post-work with shading should remedy that.

The background was separately created and rendered in 2560x1440 pixels. It was then affixed as a vertical plane behind the actual character(s). As I propose to use this (and a few other backgrounds) often, I decided to pre-render them and just place the characters where appropriate.

This has helped me reduce render times by quite a substantial margin. The Iray renders for the originals of these two [also at 2560x1440 pixels] took about 30 mins each whereas they would take as much as 3 hours otherwise. As an experiment, I rendered a third picture in this set [with the character standing next to the sofa] at 5000x2813 pixels. That took 3-1/2 hours.

The standalone background Iray render took 2 hours+, but that is a one-time temporal expense for what could be many scenarios based inside that environment.

Assets: Character: Kumiko for V8, Devil May hair, Angels Secrets costume+shoes.
Background: Visions In White with various shaders applied to the furniture and furnishings and nearly all the clutter removed from the shelves on the back-wall.
Post-work: Brightened the exposure in the seated picture and added watermarks.

Thank you for looking and for any advice that you feel may better this effort.

Morpheus668

Jun 22, 2017
View attachment 34053 View attachment 34054 Also, in retrospect, the seated picture seems to have a tiny amount of space separating the character's buttocks and the sofa. A little post-work with shading should remedy that.
yeah, the first pic is ok since she isnt interacting with the background image. the second pic I was like, "um, so somebody's playing with a Daz colorforms playset?" lol
also maybe have the couch deform in relation to the char model?

Reactions: faecrykt

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
yeah, the first pic is ok since she isnt interacting with the background image. the second pic I was like, "um, so somebody's playing with a Daz colorforms playset?" lol
also maybe have the couch deform in relation to the char model?
Thanks for your attention. As stated earlier in another context, the decor for this room is story-driven, so the room presents quite an eclectic mix of colours, even verging towards a rainbow.

Also, to be honest, I was taking my first baby steps in the domain of shaders, so I did go overboard. LOL.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
FYI, since the demise of daz3dfree, I'm taking up some slack.
Domain bought, software fixed, now I'm just waiting for the server =)

Private link, no lame ads, coinmining or such, just pure sharing.
I'm surprised that Daz didn't grab Daz3D.org. First rule of commercial websites, get the .com, .net, AND .org when you set up your website (it's not that expensive, and redirects are child's play, yo!). And maybe some of the other regions too (.us, .info, etc.).

Anyways, good luck with your new domain!

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
I'm surprised that Daz didn't grab Daz3D.org. First rule of commercial websites, get the .com, .net, AND .org when you set up your website (it's not that expensive, and redirects are child's play, yo!). And maybe some of the other regions too (.us, .info, etc.).

Anyways, good luck with your new domain!
Indeed, I was quite shocked when I noticed it was not taken so I snatched it.
As you say, it's common knowledge to obtain the most used top-domains when you start your website.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes