3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Figured Daz will eventually take the site down. The website owner was probably earning a lot from his Adfly Google drive links. But this is a losing battle for Daz and the PAs. The other sharing websites are still active and Daz3dfree will just be replaced by at least 10 more. Hydra heads, anyone?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Speaking of renders, are people interested in finding out the models, wardrobe, etc. used? I'll probably list the stuff I used for my next renders.
Sure If u do that that will be Nice,.,
And can you tell me some good rooms lights name or you can give Daz link

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Just a warning, this site does use a coin miner script as soon as you visit. It also requires it to get the download links. It is a small price to pay for what they offer but full disclosure and all. ;)
Yeah I saw by this they can get more money then usual ads.

GodGoku

The OverLord
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
if theres an asset somebody really needs i would be willing to share it. but im not gonna upload 100+Gb on the off-chance somebody may need one file. maybe i can make a list somewhere and can upload on a as needed basis... dunno
Well if u have time.
Can U share Room lights ??

imghost

Oct 14, 2017
Well if u have time.
Can U share Room lights ??
I would ask in the asset request forum, what you asked here is very vague.
That way other people can upload if they have it.

If you don't have a specific item then link to something as an example of what you want.

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
This render is not really game-related. This is among the first few renders I did while trying out my new [assembled] PC.
I finally had enough of an overheating, forever-crashing PC that gave off a continuous "Doomsday tick-tick" and got another with a roomier housing [better cooling] and twin-graphic card slots. Then, I further splurged on a 1060 4Gb graphic card [Zotac] and coupled it with the scavenged Nvidia 2Gb card from my earlier desktop.
The difference in render times and even quality is immense. While earlier I had enough time to even enjoy a half-hour coffee break between 750-pixel renders in scripted 3delight, now the iray renders [at 1280 pixels] are ready in less than 5 minutes!
I now do renders of 2560 pixels, which is also the size of the original of this one. The average render time [2560 pxl, iray] now is 15-18 minutes, while earlier such renders could take an entire night and still hang my PC). Scripted 3Delight renders are much faster, some even being completed within a couple of minutes.
i can only imagine what the render times will be like with a twin 1080Ti-equipped PC!
Sigh! Can only dream of such an eventuality while slowly replenishing my $ kitty.
Assets: Amber for V4, DM Clock environment. No post-work except for 'healing' some unwanted light reflections [via ACDSee].
Let me know what you'll think.
Thanks for looking.

Reactions: Roman DeVil

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
@ycrykt Great looking render! however i feel the girl and the clock are fighting for attention in the scene. Like there are 3 things my mind tries to focus on: the face, the red dress, and the clock. It's all about the lighting, Maybe light up her face a little more. for example, this is a rough photoshop job:
example.jpg

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
...Great looking render! however i feel the girl and the clock are fighting for attention in the scene. Like there are 3 things my mind tries to focus on: the face, the red dress, and the clock. It's all about the lighting, Maybe light up her face a little more...
I agree about the fact the girl doesn't demand enough attention but I don't think it's a lighting issue. I can see what he was going for in the composition, nice surfaces, a nice background and then a figure. I just don't think the figure is very interesting, the pose is a little lackluster and there isn't much detail to her whereas there is a ton of detail in the background so your eye is drawn there. If the girl interacted with the clock or something in the scene and had busier details to compete with the background then the placement and framing would be fine. Otherwise to keep the emphasis on the figure you'd have to crop the background so that it's not the centre of attention.

Reactions: captainJugs

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
@EvilMonkey Yeah good point, there is a shit lot of detail in that clock. @ycrykt I hope you see this as constructive criticism, I also noticed that everything is in focus so adding a depth of field to the camera will make the scene look a bit more realistic, like this one:

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Friendly reminder that Daz Studio 4.10 with the dForce physics engine is now out of beta. Upgrade your application, guys. It doesn't properly work with hair at the moment, though.

Reactions: JackBeNimble

faecrykt

Jan 13, 2017
NSFW picture in attachment.
@EvilMonkey and @captainJugs
No worries... all criticism is welcome and treated as constructive. Also, thanks for the good words about the render itself. I get your points regarding too many points of interest and lighting.
I'm still testing the waters in Daz, so thought I'd first aim for a clean composition, an attractive figure and apt lighting.
The pose was substantially altered to make the model drape herself around the clock-face while the hands of the clock were moved to point to the model's erogenous zones, only for artistic purposes rather than for any logical reason.
Here's my attempt at following your suggestions and my own bent.
This time, Amber is nude, so the entire focus is on her beauty. Also, I applied a burn filter to diminish the effect of the background.
Let me know what you'll think.
Thanks for looking.
P.S. I realise that she is overexposed [no pun intended ... or is it?] at certain locations... but as it is a learning process, I'll remedy that aspect later.

Last edited:

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Friendly reminder that Daz Studio 4.10 with the dForce physics engine is now out of beta. Upgrade your application, guys. It doesn't properly work with hair at the moment, though.
I'm not sure how to use it, but it sounds promising.
Thanks for the news! I never look at Daz updates :happyblush

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
I'm not sure how to use it, but it sounds promising.
Thanks for the news! I never look at Daz updates :happyblush
If your character is wearing dForce-compliant clothes, you just press the simulate button. :cool:
If not, you have to add a dForce weight modifier from the simulate settings.

Okay, the character is wearing an old Genesis 3 skirt. The skirt looks obviously wrong since that doesn't work like in real life. In the old Daz versions (4.9 and earlier), you have to use dformers and morphs to fix the skirt.

Same character and clothes. Main difference is that I've added the dforce modifier to the skirt. It is now affected by gravity. I still messed up here since the skirt slid off her waist. dForce makes it easier to drape clothes on characters and fix pokethroughs. You can also use this to animate clothes within Daz Studio.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@watdapakisdis
OK, I definitively need something better than a calculator to play with Daz :( But it seems to be a real improvement and I hope Daz will carry it from start to finish, for once.

Big thanks for the tips ;)

nyalest

May 21, 2017
About the clock image, what you guys have against clock, girl was just some model trying to showcase the clock for people to buy... jeez that's why no one gets the clock.

captainJugs

Jun 7, 2017
About the clock image, what you guys have against clock, girl was just some model trying to showcase the clock for people to buy... jeez that's why no one gets the clock.
LOL If the clock was for sale I would be walking up to the girl and ask "Do you come with the clock?"

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes