Mod Dating my Daughter [v0.12] Ikarumod (v03)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

How will you like the mod

• Just give us everything

Votes: 828 77.5%
  • Just give informations

Votes: 80 7.5%
  • Why do we have to chose ?

Votes: 160 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
If you are talking about the .rpa files they aren't supposed to get extracted.
Yes they are. We need .rpy files. Extracting .rpa files creates two files - an .rpy file, and a .rpyc file.
The files in the Mod are all .rpy files, hence why we need to extract the .rpa files in order to get the Mod to work.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
It's not a .rar file. There are NO .rar files anywhere around the DMD game. It's .rpa. Completely different thing.
I located the files: Select the application > Choose Show Package Contents > go to Dating_My_Daughter/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/ and replace the files.

However, that gives me the following crash info:

Last edited:

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I located the files: Select the application > Choose Show Package Contents > go to Dating_My_Daughter/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/ and replace the files.

However, that gives me the following crash info:
The mod has .rpy files. The game has .rpa files. You need to extract the .rpa files in order to get the correct .rpy files out. THEN replace them. As I stated, does work. Its a tad confusing, but if you follow the directions well, it shouldn't be that hard.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
The mod has .rpy files. The game has .rpa files. You need to extract the .rpa files in order to get the correct .rpy files out. THEN replace them. As I stated, does work. Its a tad confusing, but if you follow the directions well, it shouldn't be that hard.
Gotcha... anything I can use to extract on Mac, or should I just do it on the Dell and transfer over?

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
You just need to get the extracted version of the game already given by an user in main thread
Then, just change content of your mac version (the "game" directory) with the content of extracted windows version
And done :)

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
You just need to get the extracted version of the game already given by an user in main thread
Then, just change content of your mac version (the "game" directory) with the content of extracted windows version
Don't think that will work. Mac uses different Folder structure and maybe the code is actually different in Mac too.

But on side note I have a request for your mod. Is it possible to add a stat window of some kind that shows what the stats are for each character? Like BDSM / Tits / Ass and such? Like a stat counter?

This mod so far is amazing and I love the idea and implementations you have done already :) Thank you for this amazing Mod :D

Last edited:

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Don't think that will work. Mac uses different Folder structure and maybe the code is actually different in Mac too.

But on side note I have a request for your mod. Is it possible to add a stat window of some kind that shows what the stats are for each character? Like BDSM / Tits / Ass and such? Like a stat counter?

This mod so far is amazing and I love the idea and implementations you have done already :) Thank you for this amazing Mod :D
It's all Python (ren PY), so it works cross platform no problem. There are platform specific libraries, but all the game specific stuff (.rpa stuff) is cross platform, and any game can be run via the renpy game launcher.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I'm loathe to ask since you have done awesome work for us already, but my search-fu has failed me. Where is the extracted version you mention?

iAnimeDeath

Feb 3, 2017
He is using Windows version on his Mac... I don't think there is a Mac version of this game. Or is there?

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
He is using Windows version on his Mac... I don't think there is a Mac version of this game. Or is there?
Any Ren'py Windows version can be launched on a Mac by throwing it into the Ren'py game launcher. They are also almost exactly the same in code, especially considering it in terms of a Mod.

darrenman

Aug 20, 2017
So i use the extractor but the remaining files are .rpyc not rpy so when i extract the mod it doesnt overwrite anything. I start the game and it says ikura mod but i dont know how to change the mood or change love points is it supposed to be like this?

Resile

Jun 16, 2017
There's a bug in the modded day5_00.rpy at line 2814.

Choosing the romance film sets v_day5_cinema01_movie to "Romance " instead of "Romance" (extra space at the end) which causes the check to fail in day 5 and day 10.

nathan0209

Sep 5, 2017
ty for the mod... to anyone who who are confuse how to apply the mod (I was too ^^)
* if you download GAME+EXTRAS, you dont have to download extra content.
*extract the game
* dowload RPA extractor.zip and extract it to where the "dating_my_daughter.exe is.
*use extract.bat then wait
*after that go to the root(where game exe is)/game
*delete any ".rpyc" from the "game" folder (if there's still .rpyc after you patch the game, it wont start )
* then move all files from ikaros files to root(where game exe is)/game (no overwrite because its .rpy )
*start the game! enjoy!

Reactions: Awsometan360

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Any guess how long after 0.13 is released when the mod might be updated? A day, maybe?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes