Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I'd like to support DmD, but I dont want to support Melody. ._.

At least I'm glad this wasn't a quick "try to finish up this Game ASAP" Episode so he can focus on Melody.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
@atlas114 you received some images from this update?
not yet :( i think @armion82 was gonna do it but he had to go sleep.

reading through the last few posts and of course there’s been spoilers but sad that i’m missing out.

6 more days before i fly back to the states to play so some images and screens would be great! :FeelsGoodMan:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
lots of people complaining again about the size of the update, the delay due to patreons new guidelines, and accusations of MrDots milking his patrons by splitting his time between this and Melody.

if you’ve been a patron of MrDots your complaints should go directly to him and not here as it won’t change anything.

if not, it doesn’t really add to the discussion. and since i haven’t played it yet some screens or what didn’t work too well this update would be a better value add to the conversation.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
The problem is Mr.Dots is greedy

2 games = More money from morons

He should have just put DMD in the trash can when it was banned from Patreon

Lets be fucking real here. Who the fuck is playing this game for the story?

Now both games with suffer in quality due to the extra workload

So I hope you are all happy
True to some degree but a lot of ppl in this forum play such games EXACTLY FOR THE STORY cause there are hundreds of games out there who are like "oh i see women, wanna fuck women. Press button to fuck women. Fap. Next one"

So i wouldnt assume that most ppl only play them for the fap. Many ppl like a good story.

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
LM, I hear you, but it is not going to happen. I am hugely partial to D. However, the the seasonal instead of bimonthly DMD release does allow for a longer script and script idea gestational period which I’m hoping will pay dividends -especially as more and more characters learn of D/F’s sexual relationship.

This whole storyline is headed toward a spiderweb of complications. Just with Elena alone: Elena/MC path: Is Elena jealous? Is she now a rival for MC against D? Is she now a unicorn? Who does she confront first? Does she confront MC and they agree to keep the Elena/MC relationship a secret? If that happens, does she just sit by as she sees MC/D lovie dovie? D seems like she’d be fine with Elena finding out - but what in the world will happen when D finds out about MC/Elena? Shock-tears-excitement-head explosion... If D were a more aggressive character, we might have a possible Lorena Bobbit situation. (Is it just me, or does D get a really scary face when she gets angry.)

I’m already working on v19 issues and the extra time between releases is not a bad thing when weaving these tangled webs.
My problem with the current frequency of updates is that DMD became an on-off-relationship. Like a friend from the youth that you see once a year, telling each other how awesome things were in the common past and what more or less intersting stuff happend since we've met the last time. Then parting ways knowing we'll see again maybe in a year or two or never.

Still, I remember why DMD was and is my favourite game ... but mostly it is now for the memory of how much it impressed me in the past ... it seems it stays my #1 game because of nostalgia.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining because I want to show I'm angry with MrD (I understand why he was forced to make that choices with resources). It's just sad to recognize there's now another thing that brought me a lot of joy in the past, won't be able to do this anymore. And different from other things of this category, this time it's not because the product gets worse. It's just not available anymore with a bearable latency. :FeelsBadMan:

But there's one thing I remember from my youth. Wise words of Launchpad McQuack:
ACCEPT WHAT YOU CANNOT CHANGE! Or was it change what you cannot accept?

T

tomhiddle

True to some degree but a lot of ppl in this forum play such games EXACTLY FOR THE STORY cause there are hundreds of games out there who are like "oh i see women, wanna fuck women. Press button to fuck women. Fap. Next one"

So i wouldnt assume that most ppl only play them for the fap. Many ppl like a good story.
I'd put down a lot of money and wager to say most people play this for the story.

To me, these kind of games do not work without good story precisely because they are games - for FPSs no story if action is cool is fine for a lot of reasons, cba mentioning them now, but just sex sex sex in games without story is pointless.

This update for me was best one so far and a cliff hanger was expected, but nevertheless awesome - especially if you're on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
route also.

And for people asking to see both ending if you're pursuing
route, you need to set everything to No in Options

Otherwise if you do it later in the game, it won't start the D only scene.

Great job with this update to whole team.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I'm curious, if you're in a relationship with Georgina will the game tell you when you ran out of money (like the walkthrough said)?

I'm doing a pure daughter route for my first time.

T

tomhiddle

This whole storyline is headed toward a spiderweb of complications. I’m already working on v19 issues and the extra time between releases is not a bad thing when weaving these tangled webs.
But then again, this is not exactly complications like some writers have, such as GRR Martin had and probably still has for his ASoIaF series spider web complications. If anything, they could run the story and perhaps offer more options in dialogue. Not saying it's not hard, it certainly is at this point when story is getting interesting with
. Hopefully, you writers are not as lazy as Martin ;)

But I agree, a lot of options to untangle now.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
3.80 star(s) 320 Votes