3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Caulino

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Dude i cant fap to some ai art thing, I want some realshit where the artist spend their dedicated time, effort, blood and sweat just to make a piece that will be greatly appreciated
I have put in the dedication and effort, you are allowed to cum. AI is a way to reduce the work from months + lots of money to a few weeks. There is plenty of human effort as well.

why didn't we fucke Maria? :(
It would be a sin. Maybe she will come back in the future.

RemnantNick

Apr 17, 2022
Really nice so far im looking towards future releases
just wondering why the captain looks way more 2d than the others, i still like it but stands out alot

Rhythm

Mar 9, 2017
Dude i cant fap to some ai art thing, I want some realshit where the artist spend their dedicated time, effort, blood and sweat just to make a piece that will be greatly appreciated
Lmao yes, my horniness and ability to fap is completely based on how much dedication and effort the artist put into mastering their craft. I simply cannot fap to gigantic booba women that was made by someone who didn't put their whole soul into it!

>Looks at every Daz game on f95.

losnakso

Jan 3, 2020
Wow, so much irrational hate against AI art. Sure it's not the best but at the very least it can serve as a placeholder while the game is in development. AI image generation has taken huge leaps in the past year and you can do some pretty nice looking stuff with it.

A tip for the dev: Use daz to to render base images with the theme and pose you want and then use img2img to refine them, finally inpaint the final touches or even use photoshop, etc. for production ready images.

Caulino

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Wow, so much irrational hate against AI art. Sure it's not the best but at the very least it can serve as a placeholder while the game is in development. AI image generation has taken huge leaps in the past year and you can do some pretty nice looking stuff with it.

A tip for the dev: Use daz to to render base images with the theme and pose you want and then use img2img to refine them, finally inpaint the final touches or even use photoshop, etc. for production ready images.
I intend to compile a first version of the game with 12 chapters, and hire professional illustrators, animators and proofreaders to make the final result amazing.

Until I generate the image I want there are literally hundreds of variations and inpainting, instead of daz I draw on the graphic drawing tablet, sometimes I use the clip studio painting maniquin for complex poses by drawing manually. Using daz is fine for realistic images, it would not work well for the style I use, anime artwork and anime cgi. A curiosity is that I use the artificial selection technique a lot, and the game is about natural selection.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, there's no need to use Daz at all, you can img2img a stick figure if you want.

The real issue with AI art is that most AI learn very similar styles since it's just an aggregation of everything they've seen, so you have to futz with tags to sort of force it into a style which doesn't look generic. Hence why I advised using traditional media tags for the art work.

losnakso

Jan 3, 2020
Yeah, there's no need to use Daz at all, you can img2img a stick figure if you want.

The real issue with AI art is that most AI learn very similar styles since it's just an aggregation of everything they've seen, so you have to futz with tags to sort of force it into a style which doesn't look generic. Hence why I advised using traditional media tags for the art work.
You get much better results with daz and setting denoising strength to relatively low.

ElTitoPacks

Apr 28, 2021
*Reading people on a pirate site taking the "moral high ground" on AI art stealing from real artists.*
Sorry but I think it is not the same concept for some things.

Some people download the pirated game because they don't have the money to buy it, others just want to try it and then buy it and finally others don't care about the developer and just want to download it for free.

I have tried many games here and luckily most of them I have been able to pay even with a subscription to their Patreon or other platforms, but with the AI on issues related to drawings is using internet drawings created by other artists to then generate money with it and the person who generates those images will not know which artists has been copied by the AI and can never pay a subscription or something because he does not even know what it is.

Maybe if to generate the image it would put something like: This image has been generated thanks to these examples "images and authors" thanks to that you could talk to the creators of these reference images for the AI and ask them if they can use it for their game/website etc.

But thanks to some people sharing games that many of us don't know about, we can support more projects, either by paying a subscription or buying the game in the future. With the AI that generates images you can't do that.

(Obviously there will always be people with money who are only here to download games without spending anything)

• Angry
Reactions: Karnewarrior

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, the AI doesn't steal artwork in the first place though. It learns from the art + tag, but in literally, exactly the same way as a human (or, more to-scale with our AI capabilities, a small spider or insect). It isn't a blind copy.

The whole discussion here is predicated on a misunderstanding of the fundamentals of what a neural network does. The training data does not come into the actual production process, it's simply baked into the superalgorithm that is the neural net. There's a term for directly copying the training data - overfitting - and it's considered the hallmark of a terrible AI and certainly wouldn't result in the kind of diverse results we see in this VN.

• Angry
Reactions: ElTitoPacks

ElTitoPacks

Apr 28, 2021
I mean, the AI doesn't steal artwork in the first place though. It learns from the art + tag, but in literally, exactly the same way as a human (or, more to-scale with our AI capabilities, a small spider or insect). It isn't a blind copy.

The whole discussion here is predicated on a misunderstanding of the fundamentals of what a neural network does. The training data does not come into the actual production process, it's simply baked into the superalgorithm that is the neural net. There's a term for directly copying the training data - overfitting - and it's considered the hallmark of a terrible AI and certainly wouldn't result in the kind of diverse results we see in this VN.
Likewise, the AI has had to learn about other drawings and many of them are very similar to those of some authors.
It is not the same that a person learns to draw based on the drawing of someone who likes his art very much and needs an inspiration to have his own style in the future than a machine that analyzes thousands of images just to show you something that maybe is according to what you ask for but you have not made any effort on it.
Many artists could lose their work because of AI because anyone with 3 or 4 words can "create" a decent drawing

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Unlikely. The legibility of your post is low, but from what I can figure, you're attributing value to a human wanting to learn from someone's style vs a machine just processing data... But, that's not a different process at all.

AI art is not about to replace professional art any time soon. It's too easily recognizable, too static and inflexible. What it is going to do is make it easier for people like me or the devs of this game, who have little to no artistic skill, to have passable art to go along with our writing.

Human-made art is going to be noticeably better for a while yet, and the transition from majority artisinal art to majority mass-produced art is going to be slow enough that losing one's job is unlikely to be a concern. The mass production of chairs and tables did not leave a large number of carpenters jobless and destitute with nowhere to go. We apply the same principle here.

In any case, it's not a real critique of the game. While I would reccomend the developer use more filtering and traditional media tags to make their art pop, it's not a significant problem so long as their focus remains on the writing and everyone understands that the visual aspect is not the point of this VN.

ElTitoPacks

Apr 28, 2021
Unlikely. The legibility of your post is low, but from what I can figure, you're attributing value to a human wanting to learn from someone's style vs a machine just processing data... But, that's not a different process at all.

AI art is not about to replace professional art any time soon. It's too easily recognizable, too static and inflexible. What it is going to do is make it easier for people like me or the devs of this game, who have little to no artistic skill, to have passable art to go along with our writing.

Human-made art is going to be noticeably better for a while yet, and the transition from majority artisinal art to majority mass-produced art is going to be slow enough that losing one's job is unlikely to be a concern. The mass production of chairs and tables did not leave a large number of carpenters jobless and destitute with nowhere to go. We apply the same principle here.

In any case, it's not a real critique of the game. While I would reccomend the developer use more filtering and traditional media tags to make their art pop, it's not a significant problem so long as their focus remains on the writing and everyone understands that the visual aspect is not the point of this VN.
AI-generated art is a problem for many artists. Many developers have taken it off their priority list to hire more artists for their game because they can now do it using Dall-e and other tools.
As you said maybe it's not very polished now, but it's polished enough for people with basic knowledge to make beautiful things without any effort.
While it can also help artists to create their work much faster, it also takes work away from people who make a living doing commissions or working with indie companies.
I don't know what value you give to the effort and love that artists give to the work they do, but for me it is a priority to know that someone is working hard even if it takes more time, than simply using the AI to generate the images you need

And I'm too lazy to continue this conversation, so I'll explain it with a basic example to end with
If someone with basic knowledge can create a decent/good VN game and make a lot of money with the game surely in his next game he will not hire any artist because having an AI to do the job would be stupid and he would be losing money.

Caulino

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Does choices matter and make a difference or not , and if they do can someone make a quick guide or walkthrough about it? Thanks
Some choices make no difference, have a narrative function to give a breather or pause.
Some unlock additional dialog.
Some have impact on the story, prevent scenes from happening.

Example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 11, 2018
Some choices make no difference, have a narrative function to give a breather or pause.
Some unlock additional dialog.
Some have impact on the story, prevent scenes from happening.

Example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
After a lot of reloading and testing option I managed to get 100% on the final counter :D .
Not quite sure how I did it but I did :LOL:.

A bit sad only got action with chameleon girl and only in her doubleganger state but oh well.
Monster girls are love, Monster girls are life.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes