Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
ik this is a daibanchou thread HOWEVER i need to spread the news of someone actually finishing an MTL translation of daiteikoku, by the looks of it it seems they manage to MTL most of the dialogue of the game (and from my experience it's readable) the thing they are missing are the UI

here is the link to the thread if anybody is interested to see it:

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-daiteikoku-alicesoft.160136/#post-10817256

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
PSA: For those saying the game is too hard YOU ARE MISSING OUT this is one of the greatest games of all time. I guarantee you are just missing a few key things that make it much easier.

First, you need this as your guide:

*The most important sections of this are:

<---- reference this constantly to see how to recruit and "clear" each character.

<---- this lists all the items, they become more important later on

Now, the game is a little confusing at first glance but once you get the hang of it, it's great. Let me give you a few tips to get you started.

It is impossible to play through it and unlock every single thing / recruit every character, it is designed for you to play through the story multiple times. Also, several characters/paths block out other characters/paths. So realize that going in.

Combat:

Well first we need to look at the stats.

Basic character stats:
HP (Health)ATK (Attack - how much dmg will they do)LAW - (how much law they generate in a region. Only matters in the national (3rd) stage basically. You want to keep every region close to 100 law or they will decline over time. This is bad.)
STA (Stamina - number of attacks possible)HIT (More like accuracy - % chance to hit the enemy)INC - How much $$$ They generate when placed in a region. Again really only relevant in national stage.
CTR (Counter - % chance of still attacking after getting hit with a longer range attack)EVA (Evasion - chance to dodge enemy attack)PAY - How much $$ they cost you on paydays. Note that items can reduce this, so can giving them mental training.

If you have a scout, you can see which enemy you will be fighting in each round (big advantage, because then you can pick who best to counter them with.) If you do not have a scout, you only see this every other round. The first scout you will get is Ijuuin Tamari (creepy science teacher guy.) The second one you could get is the surfer girl, Doumoto Mizuki. You can get both of them in the first chapter, but the surfer girl does not gain the scout ability until later on. SO ALWAYS TRY TO BRING THE SCIENCE CREEP ON IMPORTANT ATTACKS.

Range: Characters have short, medium, or long range. When 2 characters fight, let's say one is short range, the other is medium. If the medium character hits with their attack, the short range character is usually fucked. Most of the time, longer range wins (as long as they hit.) HOWEVER, remember the stat called counter - this is how likely the character is to STILL ATTACK even after their opponent hit them from longer range. Some characters specialize in this; Jinnai Heita and Hotta Daigo are examples of characters that have short range, but COUNTER LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER so in a pinch you can use them to whup ass on long range characters. Daigo also dodges a lot (good evasion) so there is even a decent chance of him dodging the enemy attack in the first place.

***SUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT*** - One of the amazing things about this game, is if you 'clear' a character (even partially) - then on subsequent playthroughs, when you recruit that same character, they start WITH MUCH HIGHER STATS. So the first time you play the game, honestly just get as far as you can, then when you are hopelessly fucked, start a new game BUT DO NOT DELETE YOUR OLD SAVE FILES FROM THE FIRST PLAYTHROUGH. Now you will get much stronger characters. THIS IS INSANELY IMPORTANT WITH THE EARLY CHARACTERS.

"How the fuck do I "clear" a character? Well the special characters have 5 stars. Each of these correspond to an event. If you trigger the event, one of their stars gets filled in. If you get 3+ stars filled in for a character, in a new game when you recruit them, they will start with +5 to ATK & HIT and +10 to HP, LAW & INC. Any characters you filled in all 5 stars for will get +10 to ATK & HIT and +20 to HP, LAW, & INC, and +1 to their stamina, on new games. But only if you don't delete the fucking save files from the game where you cleared them. This may not sound like much, but trust me it's extremely helpful. Following this strategy, when you start getting the early characters like the blue haired sisters at the start of the game, instead of just being decent, they are human terminators.

In the school stage (first chapter) you basically want to recruit every fucking character you can (yes even the shitty school ones they are super useful later, not for combat but for stationing in regions to keep law and income up) and recruit several important 'special' characters. You also want to train the MC up by including him in nearly every battle, because at the end of the school stage you have to 1v1 a boss with the MC.

For your first game, I strongly recommend you recruit these characters in the school stage:

-Nakanishi Kendo
-Nakanishi Kyudo
-Ijuuin Tamari
-Doumoto Mizuki
-Yamamoto Burai

(Go look each of those up in the character walkthrough: to see how you get each of them. Note that it will mean AVOIDING recruiting other characters as I explained earlier. For example, If you want to recruit Burai, you must not recruit Tsukuyomi Kinako, and vice versa - the two are incompatible.

I will update this and add a shitload more info if there is demand for it.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
PSA: For those saying the game is too hard YOU ARE MISSING OUT this is one of the greatest games of all time. I guarantee you are just missing a few key things that make it much easier.

<---- reference this constantly to see how to recruit and "clear" each character.

Now, the game is a little confusing at first glance but once you get the hang of it, it's great. Let me give you a few tips to get you started.

It is impossible to play through it and unlock every single thing / recruit every character, it is designed for you to play through the story multiple times. Also, several characters/paths block out other characters/paths. So realize that going in.

Combat:

Basic character stats:
HP (Health)ATK (Attack - how much dmg will they do)LAW - (how much law they generate in a region. Only matters in the national (3rd) stage basically. You want to keep every region close to 100 law or they will decline over time. This is bad.)
STA (Stamina - number of attacks possible)HIT (More like accuracy - % chance to hit the enemy)INC - How much $$$ They generate when placed in a region. Again really only relevant in national stage.
CTR (Counter - % chance of still attacking after getting hit with a longer range attack)EVA (Evasion - chance to dodge enemy attack)PAY - How much $$ they cost you on paydays. Note that items can reduce this, so can giving them mental training.

If you have a scout, you can see which enemy you will be fighting in each round (big advantage, because then you can pick who best to counter them with.) If you do not have a scout, you only see this every other round. The first scout you will get is Ijuuin Tamari (creepy science teacher guy.) The second one you could get is the surfer girl, Doumoto Mizuki. You can get both of them in the first chapter, but the surfer girl does not gain the scout ability until later on. SO ALWAYS TRY TO BRING THE SCIENCE CREEP ON IMPORTANT ATTACKS.

Range: Characters have short, medium, or long range. When 2 characters fight, let's say one is short range, the other is medium. If the medium character hits with their attack, the short range character is usually fucked. Most of the time, longer range wins (as long as they hit.) HOWEVER, remember the stat called counter - this is how likely the character is to STILL ATTACK even after their opponent hit them from longer range. Some characters specialize in this; Jinnai Heita and Hotta Daigo are examples of characters that have short range, but COUNTER LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER so in a pinch you can use them to whup ass on long range characters. Daigo also dodges a lot (good evasion) so there is even a decent chance of him dodging the enemy attack in the first place.

***SUPER FUCKING IMPORTANT*** - One of the amazing things about this game, is if you 'clear' a character (even partially) - then on subsequent playthroughs, when you recruit that same character, they start WITH MUCH HIGHER STATS. So the first time you play the game, honestly just get as far as you can, then when you are hopelessly fucked, start a new game BUT DO NOT DELETE YOUR OLD SAVE FILES FROM THE FIRST PLAYTHROUGH. Now you will get much stronger characters. THIS IS INSANELY IMPORTANT WITH THE EARLY CHARACTERS.

"How the fuck do I "clear" a character? Well the special characters have 5 stars. Each of these correspond to an event. If you trigger the event, one of their stars gets filled in. If you get 3+ stars filled in for a character, in a new game when you recruit them, they will start with +5 to ATK & HIT and +10 to HP, LAW & INC. Any characters you filled in all 5 stars for will get +10 to ATK & HIT and +20 to HP, LAW, & INC, and +1 to their stamina, on new games. But only if you don't delete the fucking save files from the game where you cleared them. This may not sound like much, but trust me it's extremely helpful. Following this strategy, when you start getting the early characters like the blue haired sisters at the start of the game, instead of just being decent, they are human terminators.

In the school stage (first chapter) you basically want to recruit every fucking character you can (yes even the shitty school ones they are super useful later, not for combat but for stationing in regions to keep law and income up) and recruit several important 'special' characters. You also want to train the MC up by including him in nearly every battle, because at the end of the school stage you have to 1v1 a boss with the MC.

For your first game, I strongly recommend you recruit these characters in the school stage:

-Nakanishi Kendo
-Nakanishi Kyudo
-Ijuuin Tamari
-Doumoto Mizuki
-Yamamoto Burai

(Go look each of those up in the character walkthrough: to see how you get each of them. Note that it will mean AVOIDING recruiting other characters as I explained earlier. For example, If you want to recruit Burai, you must not recruit Tsukuyomi Kinako, and vice versa - the two are incompatible.

Uh oh.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
and that's why i tell people to choose Sanae as their first heroine

-Nakanishi Kendo
-Nakanishi Kyudo
i have to disagree with you right there the miyazato gang is more useful on a first playthrough then the nakanishi sisters

lyaen

Jun 30, 2020
Hi, i remember playing this game back when it came out. its really a great game i would love to play it again, but ive a small issue. while the game is running fine, its resolution of 640x480 make it appear tiny on modern resolution. Is there any easy to make it display at bigger size? fullscreen not an option has i dont have a 4:3 screen so it distord it horribly. i tried to edit the .ini file but it just make the game window bigger, with the game remaining a thumbnail in a corner of that window somehow.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

Combat:

Basic character stats:

-Nakanishi Kendo
-Nakanishi Kyudo
-Ijuuin Tamari
-Doumoto Mizuki
-Yamamoto Burai

I subscribe this. This game is so fun and replayable. I just wish they polished the Kyuushu schools, some characters would be amazing to be played. Also, till last fight, the game is a bit stale. Would be nice to have something else to do besides just boosting the allies for last fight. Besides that, 95% of the game is top notch.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
and that's why i tell people to choose Sanae as their first heroine

i have to disagree with you right there the miyazato gang is more useful on a first playthrough then the nakanishi sisters
To each his own, but most disagree with you. The blue haired sisters are extremely OP, Miyazoto is middling at best. Her cronies are trash. The only reason to choose her is for her H content, she's arguably more attractive lol.

From the Fandom guide, which is basically the best resource we have on the game at least in English language:

---------------------------
School phase
  • Nakanishi Kendo and Kyudou are much stronger than Miyazato.
  • Burai's high EVA is more forgiving compared to Kinako (who has lower STA and will be easily stopped by long range attackers)
  • Ijuuin's scout skill is more valuable compared to Francine (whom has a weak short range attack and low EVA)
  • Mizuki is better in the early game compared to Nanana, but Nanana has a much better skill in the late game and allows you to recruit a very strong Mid range fighter.
  • Use the "Find an Ally" option as much as possible except the last one before the Yamizaki fight as the Executive has a high pay
  • If going the Senna route, do not use Kunagi so that other characters can get XP instead.

Note the first bullet point.

Kendo (the wooden sword sister) is a terminator, she can hold off some brutal attacks midgame. Kyduo (the archer sister) is a decent ranged hitter and her special is extremely useful, it makes the enemy unable to counter if her shot lands. This can be very handy for dealing with some enemies that hit kinda hard and have a high counter chance. Plus it is really easy to get them both to at least 3 stars, say in a first game where you likely don't finish the whole game because it gets too hard in mid to late game in the national stage. That boosts their starting stats on your subsequent games, making them even more valuable.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017

Kendo (the wooden sword sister) is a terminator, she can hold off some brutal attacks midgame. Kyduo (the archer sister) is a decent ranged hitter and her special is extremely useful, it makes the enemy unable to counter if her shot lands. This can be very handy for dealing with some enemies that hit kinda hard and have a high counter chance. Plus it is really easy to get them both to at least 3 stars, say in a first game where you likely don't finish the whole game because it gets too hard in mid to late game in the national stage. That boosts their starting stats on your subsequent games, making them even more valuable.
true but don't forget erika also gets you comet who has the same special as kyudo and the miyazato gangs passives are also quite useful so although saki and shorko themselves are weak their support is powerful(especially saki's +10/15/20 evade)

Nov 19, 2018
To each his own, but most disagree with you. The blue haired sisters are extremely OP, Miyazoto is middling at best. Her cronies are trash. The only reason to choose her is for her H content, she's arguably more attractive lol.

From the Fandom guide, which is basically the best resource we have on the game at least in English language:

School phase
  • Nakanishi Kendo and Kyudou are much stronger than Miyazato.
  • Burai's high EVA is more forgiving compared to Kinako (who has lower STA and will be easily stopped by long range attackers)
  • Ijuuin's scout skill is more valuable compared to Francine (whom has a weak short range attack and low EVA)
  • Mizuki is better in the early game compared to Nanana, but Nanana has a much better skill in the late game and allows you to recruit a very strong Mid range fighter.
  • Use the "Find an Ally" option as much as possible except the last one before the Yamizaki fight as the Executive has a high pay
  • If going the Senna route, do not use Kunagi so that other characters can get XP instead.

Yeah I agree with that one (Minor Spoilers below)

The sisters have better character checks. Getting the 1st 3 stars gives the character a pretty good stat buff and is generally what you want to aim for first when clearing your characters.

Their abilities are also more reliable. Sword girl for 1 hitting some of the stronger close range guys (Bikers, arabian guys, dungeons) and the Bow girl for locking down the tougher characters.

Erika is alright and the buffs are decent, extra counter % is pretty meh though.
Buff bots can be a drain on EXP since it's distributed equally after fights. It's a minor thing, but it can add up when you get a ton of EXP for the tougher fights.
They do a decent job as law/income bots, or you could sit them on the hell hole (if you bother grinding it) but you can get some generics which do that better.

Comet is alright, but she's a pretty big investment (4 events to recruit and a ton of conversations & events for her character checks). And even then, you have to wait until turn 41 to start her recruitment event chain.
Bow girl would have given you way more value by that point, and other characters could use those events

Shizuri feels a lot better than comet as her special is pretty good (Damage, max evade & hit). You have to be fighting the NPI to get her, but the NPI attack at turn 43 anyway. so at the very latest you'd be getting Shizuri around the same time as comet anyway

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
To each his own, but most disagree with you. The blue haired sisters are extremely OP, Miyazoto is middling at best.
While I love it, this is the thing that bothers me in this game. I understand that you can't have all characters, but it's sad that it's locked for certain characters. I love both Erika and Nakanishi sisters.

And to join your discussion, I think his opinion isn't a matter of the sisters being stronger. They surely are, specially the more you play. The thing is that most new players don't have the same idea of EVA, CTR and types. Don't forget that, on this game, 1 death means you lose the characters. Surely the more you play you'll always pick the sisters, but for the very first playthrough, Erika's is definitely easier. If Kyudo was a bit stronger in early game, then maybe I would maybe say the strength or the sisters is too strong vs Erika, but again, the alignment types are too strong for those learning.

Nanana and Mizuki have the same issue, while Nanana is the best fighter, Mizuki having scout in later stages (is a blessing). And I much rather have Francine than another guy just to have the scout. The wiki says if you don't want the stars, Nanana wins, but since I'm used to the game and the stars are quite easy to get (and to get the Scout), for me Mizuki is the easy winner. But I understand why the wiki says Nanana may be better for beginners.

It's sad this game will probably won't be remade or modded, because there so many likeable characters that can be picked due others, or because they are weak. It sucks to not be able to have Mumei Aikuchi (even though she's cute as hell she doesn't have any stars) or that Sayuri completly sucks at fighting. She could at least be ranged, but not even that...

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
the real irony is that kendo is one of the people who would benefit the most from being on the same team as erika

And to join your discussion, I think his opinion isn't a matter of the sisters being stronger. They surely are, specially the more you play. The thing is that most new players don't have the same idea of EVA, CTR and types. Don't forget that, on this game, 1 death means you lose the characters. Surely the more you play you'll always pick the sisters, but for the very first playthrough, Erika's is definitely easier. If Kyudo was a bit stronger in early game, then maybe I would maybe say the strength or the sisters is too strong vs Erika, but again, the alignment types are too strong for those learning.
yup thats what i meant
to quote myself
It's sad this game will probably won't be remade or modded, because there so many likeable characters that can be picked due others, or because they are weak. It sucks to not be able to have Mumei Aikuchi (even though she's cute as hell she doesn't have any stars) or that Sayuri completly sucks at fighting. She could at least be ranged, but not even that...
agree they made aikuchi a little too cute and stronger then her counter part too. as for sayuri she's only a little weaker then shimiko overall

it takes at least 6 playthroughs to 5 star everyone who can be 5 stared because you can only 3 star one heroine per playthrough let alone 5 star (the 3 star bonus requires stars #1,2 & 3 and the 6 heroines all have the same #3 star get her ending)

a easy mod to make would be making mecha heita recruitable it already has the dialog so only some small edits need to be made

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
That's what drives me crazy with this game and sengoku rance. It's mind-numbingly difficult to get certain characters and complete certain routes. Trying to get some rare event to pop can be a nightmare. And mid to late game there are so many freaking star events everywhere you really have to pick and choose. I would rather have a little less time pressure and be able to build up more and do more events than feel non-stop pressure but it is what it is, they are great freaking strategy games.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
agree they made aikuchi a little too cute and stronger then her counter part too. as for sayuri she's only a little weaker then shimiko overall
Shimiko sucks and doesn't even has stars. But the issue isn't Sayuri being weaker than Shimiko, but actually being weak overall, specially taking into account the most times she joins in. It would be nice she was a bit useful, but even her income and law aren't nothing special, although fortunely her pay is low. If only she had a bit more HP or range at least...

The only "good" thing about Sayuri is her passive, and even that isn't that great.

That's what drives me crazy with this game and sengoku rance. It's mind-numbingly difficult to get certain characters and complete certain routes. Trying to get some rare event to pop can be a nightmare. And mid to late game there are so many freaking star events everywhere you really have to pick and choose. I would rather have a little less time pressure and be able to build up more and do more events than feel non-stop pressure but it is what it is, they are great freaking strategy games.
I also love Sengoku Rance, but it's nowhere near the level of difficulty of Daibanchou when it comes to get some characters. The fact that Sengoku Rance doesn't have a timer (besides getting the gourds, but you can somewhat control that) also helps to control more. My only main complain about Sengoku Rance is the number of commanders being capped to 30. Also, although this more a personal taste, one of cutest girls around that game, Nanjou Ran, is only avaiable on her route. Which it sucks, because her route is "meh". At least put the apostoles on guys Alicesoft, don't kill cute girls, please only kill the guys.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Shimiko sucks and doesn't even has stars. But the issue isn't Sayuri being weaker than Shimiko, but actually being weak overall, specially taking into account the most times she joins in. It would be nice she was a bit useful, but even her income and law aren't nothing special, although fortunely her pay is low. If only she had a bit more HP or range at least...

The only "good" thing about Sayuri is her passive, and even that isn't that great.
the comparison was just because shimiko is sayuri's recruitment counterpart

Also, although this more a personal taste, one of cutest girls around that game, Nanjou Ran, is only avaiable on her route. Which it sucks, because her route is "meh". At least put the apostoles on guys Alicesoft, don't kill cute girls, please only kill the guys.
good taste while i have to admit that i prefer kobayakawa chinu myself, nanjou ran is high on my list

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Overall I think big bang age is the better game, but they both have their strengths. In both games I would prefer if you were not so rushed / pressured to speedrun. In Sengoku Rance, it's too dependent on RNG BS which kills me, for a lot of events/characters/etc. you are totally dependent on something that only has a chance to happen. There are also a lot of situations where if you play through the same exact turn 10x, you will get vastly different results because different random events triggered, different enemies decided to attack, etc. etc... With big bang age, I have not encountered this really at all.

I have tried to get the nan route to trigger several times and always give up in frustration mid way through because things just are not working the way they should.

However, SR is also 100x funnier and available uncensored... the scene where rance has the ninja girl power him up so he can beat the 'arcade game' in a dungeon by blowing a ton of loads really fast, then has to be carried out on a stretcher, had me laughing so hard... there were situations like this all the time in SR, in big bang age it's not as humor focused.

Both amazing games though.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Overall I think big bang age is the better game, but they both have their strengths. In both games I would prefer if you were not so rushed / pressured to speedrun. In Sengoku Rance, it's too dependent on RNG BS which kills me, for a lot of events/characters/etc. you are totally dependent on something that only has a chance to happen. There are also a lot of situations where if you play through the same exact turn 10x, you will get vastly different results because different random events triggered, different enemies decided to attack, etc. etc... With big bang age, I have not encountered this really at all.

I have tried to get the nan route to trigger several times and always give up in frustration mid way through because things just are not working the way they should.

However, SR is also 100x funnier and available uncensored... the scene where rance has the ninja girl power him up so he can beat the 'arcade game' in a dungeon by blowing a ton of loads really fast, then has to be carried out on a stretcher, had me laughing so hard... there were situations like this all the time in SR, in big bang age it's not as humor focused.

Both amazing games though.
It's different. On Daibanchou you can clearly see it's age. Sengoku not that much, but that's because Sengoku improved the formula of both Kichikuou and Daibanchou. I didn't play Daiteikoku, but I guess it more polished than this one.

Also, while I love Daibanchou (and also Sengoku ofc), Sengoku Rance has a better replayability, not only due longer playtime, but also different routes and more variables. Daibanchou also being locked into 100 turns doesn't help, and learning curve is exceptionally high, you really need to invest in the game before you are able to play it, Sengoku Rance definitely is more "newbie" friendly.

Finally, Daibanchou has the con of forcing you to play different games to unlock or even have some characters, since x doesn't get along with y and so on. Sengoku Rance doesn't have the issue, but it is locked to 30 commanders, unlike Daibanchou. What probably makes me like Daibachou more is the protag, while Rance sometimes is hilarious, he's also a complete douchebag, and Daibanchou actually feels like you're "the good guy", on Rance series not so much. It has a completly different atmosphere, and while some may don't like, I very much like the upgrade from school to district to national, it gives a great feel of immensity.

I really hope some tweaks would be given, because it definitely deserves, or at least a tutorial to understand how to mod the machine, I wouldn't mind investing time for some tweaks, not to the same extent as the Sengoku Rance Darkness mode of course. The game doesn't even need new art, but giving an option with more things to do in 1 gameplay (instead of being forced to replay besides the 2 heroines routes), would be a very appreciated thing, at least for me.

I wonder as well how Daiteikoku is, from what I understand it really is diverse, but have no idea about the game's atmosphere.

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes