hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
You need to get the curry restaurant unlocked early and start building it in a lot of regions, it brings in a ton of money. You also have several opportunities to upgrade it's effectiveness (you will see more star events pop up in certain regions related to curry, each one leads to a scene that results in all curry restaurants making more money.) Also, make sure that when it's a revenue calculation turn (your otherwise mostly useless brother will tell you when revenue is going to be calculated on the next turn) - place all of your soldiers in regions. When you do this correctly you will find pretty early on in the district chapter, money becomes not an issue at all.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
How to get BP?
I always lose by not having enough BP in district chapter...
I'm lazy today to explain it again in full detail, so you can see the comments I wrote along this thread (not related to game). Just don't be afraid to use all turns in school and district chapters to level up the mental attributes of your characters (and sometimes physical), use Sanae H events (that gives you 50 BP) and prepare the early events to get Yokohama and prepare the invasing to PGG (or if you can, take also Shinjiku for Kanata's 2nd star).

Don't be afraid to invade if you have a good force (specially with special characters). The more regions you have, the more BP you get. Just be aware of the areas (if a location gives 50BP no use to have characters that give you 200 BP there, better use them elsewhere, unless you need to defend), and be aware of the same when invading as well. You don't need to control this on every turn, only on the turns with paycheck.

Don't also be afraid to dismiss any non special characters, and use public service to have at least around 60-70 BP if you have a lot of characters (since you'll need 10-20BP to defend a battle), and it's recommended to have at least around 50 BP on early turns. Don't forget the walkthough and , and this thread already had a lot of tips.

Bbt666

Sep 25, 2018
Hi! I was wondering if someone knew how the evasion formula works? I know that Hit - Evasion = chance of hit but is it that simple?

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Hi! I was wondering if someone knew how the evasion formula works? I know that Hit - Evasion = chance of hit but is it that simple?
That is correct. Hence why some attributes are so important, an seemingly loss fight can be won if the correct characters are used to increase ctr, besides the skills.

Reactions: Bbt666

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
That is correct. Hence why some attributes are so important, an seemingly loss fight can be won if the correct characters are used to increase ctr, besides the skills.
Truth be told, the only thing that makes this game hard is the time limit.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Truth be told, the only thing that makes this game hard is the time limit.
If you want the character clears yes. But even if the game itself isn't hard once you learn it, it's learning curve is extremely high, you need to have patience at first. Also some dungeons are annoying as fuck.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
If you want the character clears yes. But even if the game itself isn't hard once you learn it, it's learning curve is extremely high, you need to have patience at first. Also some dungeons are annoying as fuck.
True, the difficulty jump between 1st and 2nd chapter was insane.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
The time limit is a big part of it sure. But a lot more has to do with just the way everything is so complex and interwoven. If you make a bad choice it's not always immediately obvious; then it bites you in the ass 20-30 turns later and you are kind of just fucked, you don't really want to load a save that far back at that point.

The rapidly declining morale of your troops is also a huge issue, that gets harder to manage the more troops you have, since the easiest fix is talking to them and giving them a bonus but you can only do that with one character per turn. The Hawaii event and hot spring can help with this, but you get access to those way later in the game, unless you are willing to save scum for 20, 30 minutes, maybe an hour lol - to get a hawaii ticket from searching prisoners, reloading a save, search again, over and over until you get lucky and the RNG gods grant you a ticket lol.

The game also has (in typical Alicesoft fashion) a million things that trigger based on your actions, and are seemingly designed to be at the worst possible time. If you attack the wrong province at the wrong time, you can trigger the start of war with one of the factions you were not planning to fight yet. You also need to attack in a certain order to make it viable to get certain characters. Sometimes, you are waiting for an event to trigger and burning turns or not proceeding in the most strategic fashion, like when you capture the district with the rice cracker store, that part is such a bitch because you have to wait around for the scenes with two important characters to play out, or else you will not be able to capture them. (The rice cracker store owner and the woman that has a crush on him, I'm blanking on their names at the moment and don't feel like looking it up.) Then for extra fun, you have to get a bunch more events to trigger before you can recruit that woman out of the prison, and if you capture the lady in the wheelchair who makes tanks inaccurate BEFORE you have managed to recruit the woman who loves the cracker store guy, well you're up shit creek. So it's just a lot of events subtly chained together and you realllly need to know what the fuck you are doing to get things to come out the way you want them to.

Capturing characters can also prove really challenging when RNG just decides to fuck you in the ass. Can't tell you how many times I had to reload saves because I managed to bring a character I wanted down to very low health but they still escaped, OR I screwed up and accidentally did like 1 or 2 points more damage than I expected to and killed them by accident. OR my character died trying to do one of those merciful hits (this can happen easily with Sinae who is one of your only options if you need to do a merciful hit early on. You are kind of gambling on her hitting the enemy AND them not countering or their attack missing, because that early in the game her HP is likely not adequate to sustain a hit from a good enemy you want to capture.)

I actually love the dungeons, my biggest gripe was always feeling like I didn't have enough turns/actions or could not spare enough troops because I need so many on defense in border cities by mid to late game. In general the game would be way more fun to me if there wasn't quite so much pressure of endless hordes of enemy armies constantly at your doorstep on multiple fronts.

Kanraa0908

Jun 2, 2022
Does anyone have the patch that reduces CPU usage? There used to be one on seiha but it has been removed. Thanks alot

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Does anyone have the patch that reduces CPU usage? There used to be one on seiha but it has been removed. Thanks alot
i remember that patch. you see the opening video is actually a slideshow the patch greatly reduce the file space used by the game by replacing the images with a actual video(this also had the added benefit of allowing you to add a subtitle track, i tried to make one but i never quite got the timing right on the lines) the biggest downside being that SpoilerAL cheat list would no longer work.

sadly i don't have it anymore

Kanraa0908

Jun 2, 2022
i remember that patch. you see the opening video is actually a slideshow the patch greatly reduce the file space used by the game by replacing the images with a actual video(this also had the added benefit of allowing you to add a subtitle track, i tried to make one but i never quite got the timing right on the lines) the biggest downside being that SpoilerAL cheat list would no longer work.

sadly i don't have it anymore
Yeah that one! I realize that the game has been using and maxing only one of my cores. I did not even notice that it was a slideshow until you pointed it out.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I didn't even know there was a patch like that, but mine doesn't take that CPU imo. And runs pretty fast. But it's a version I have for years, I just recall it was from Fuwanovel, and from what I understand, that website doesn't have games to download anymore.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Daiakuji came before daibanchou, and is unfortunately not translated as far as I know.
I really hope they make a remake like they did with the Rance series, Daibanchou is exceptional, besides being pretty hard to learn the game mechanics.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I would love another daibanchou type game but I want the exact same art style, 100% uncensored, and remove the whole hard turn limit and mechanics of the game forcing you to rush and not letting you grind and stop to smell the pussies er I mean roses if you are so inclined.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I would love another daibanchou type game but I want the exact same art style, 100% uncensored, and remove the whole hard turn limit and mechanics of the game forcing you to rush and not letting you grind and stop to smell the pussies er I mean roses if you are so inclined.
Sengoku Rance

If you really want no time limit: Eiyuu Senki

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes