F1forhalp

SOTD: ZZ Top - Thunderbird (live, 1975)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
This one seems promising though. It's not like the dev was one day like "hey I'mma switch to Unity let's gooooooooo". Instead he first decided to make another project first to learn it (Eld), and it was not a small one, either. Even if it is technically "unfinished" as-is (it's more like "he fully did a chapter 1 of what could be a big story if he chose to continue") we can actually see how that went, and it went quite well. I think there's reasons to be optimistic here.
tbh i'm not gone yet (as in, still watching this thread) exactly because i'm patient enough to hang on until we get to see some actual turnout of the then new version of CK. expectably that'll take quite some time, given the rather big differences in both platforms; one can't just copy pasta the assets and scripts and whatnot from Flash to Unity, that's quite a stack of manual work with the 7 chapters we already have. also i think i faintly recall some dev comment somewhere early on, that he wanted to adjust balance and some other things, long before he planned the Unity thing.
so what does he have.. the main plot/storylines, the raw assets, the Flash game mechanics.. which might possibly serve as skeleton to look at when rebuilding the game on a new platform. i don't think there's a magical 'Flash2Unity' tool with a zero-problem result..?
so that's like, ok you can build a totally new house and have at least them old bricks, and the doors and windows are still there. lessee if those fit. if not, at least we know what the new ones should look like.
tons of work. my best guess would be something presentable in late spring/early summer, soonest.

*edit* found a typo. now it's mine.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SpicyWintercress

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
How prevalent is the mind control aspect in the game?
The "mind control" comes from an ability called Tempt that can be used in this game where the targets will feel extremely horny when it takes effect as result they will need to engage in intercourse to go back to "normal" or they may experience an constant increase on their arousal, tho this ability only works on sentient beings and only if they feel any atraction (sexual) to be person who casted the ability on them.

Some characters are able to cast this ability and be able to obtain control of the target body or make them confused and easy to recieve their orders.

Those affected can be "saved" from this effects if another being that can use this ability is able to "Tempt" them puting them back into a "horny status" where they recover control over their minds and body (except for the arousal effect).

The character you control will be forced multiple times around the game to use his "Temp" ability to break the defenses from "Tempted" characters and NPC's that are under control of others able to use the same ability in order to "save" them and return them to "normal".

Last edited:
May 25, 2022
How prevalent is the mind control aspect in the game?
Either "not very" or "a lot". The plot features some characters getting mind controlled at one point, and the main quest then is to help undo that. If that's your threshold, then "not very". It's just an in-story plot point, not what the game is about. But then, the MC is a demon with the ability to "convince" enemies to have sex with him (think "making them so horny for him it overwhelms them, only regaining their senses mid-act"). You can do it with most combats and sometimes you outright have to for plot reasons, so if that counts for you then it's "a lot".

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Not abandoned (confirmed)
View attachment 3206386
It's not about confirmation, if it was about that it would never have been marked as abandoned and kept on-hold, as per site rules there is not only the criteria about no communication for a while but also when there hasn't been an update for too long, the latter which applies here. Once there has been an update the abandoned tag would be removed again.

Reactions: Kisama33

crackad

Jul 4, 2020
jetalpha Putting the refresher here to keep the other thread On-topic
Soriel is tasked by his mother, Nen to resolve issues that's disrupting peacekeeping among all the imp clades. He descends in the Volcano to carry out the task starting at Lumen City where he gets to know a group of Succubi has been at the core of the issues and the one that was present at Lumen City has enchanted all denizens including the ruler, SOriel Liberates Lumen City with his incubus quirks. Then . he comes accross Crystal Caverns the home of Sulfur and Obsidian imps, who are not really on good terms due to their conflicts in beliefs. The succubus here leverages on this and captures the Obsidian Imp princess following up with enchanting Obsidian imps and tells them the Sulfur imps are involved and they're hiding Soriel. Soriel comes in clutch, disenchants Obsidian Imp princess and liberates Sulfur side by eliminating the battalion and then proceeds to liberate Obsidian side from the Succubus. Comes accross a Slime abomination that the succubus has somehow harnessed. Defeats it and the succubus and gets things on track in Crystal Caverns.
That's the wrap up of content yet. His next stop is the city Tethra, the home of Tephra imps.

Reactions: jetalpha and TGafy

crackad

Jul 4, 2020
Fuchsschweif Hello, saw your opinions. You not receiving any drop seems like an issue at your end, Infact if you would've observed people have very well passed through starting area. I don't know what OS you're playing on, but you can try the .swf with respective Adobe flashplayer for your OS. I am hereby attaching the link published by dev which has everything required for playing the game. I suggest you download both the game files and flashplayer from there if you haven't lost interest in giving it another try that is.

Reactions: Fuchsschweif

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Still related to the topic from the previos message tho it's not really that important (so better just ignore this) but while it's true that the fact that enemies not droping anything makes the game "almost" impossible to play (and yeah that is not suposed to happen) it's also true that it's not impossible to complete the initial bridge without any healing itens because I did it when I was trying to finish the first 2 chapters without using consumables, you will need a few high-roll Demonvolt strikes to defeat enouth enemies in a single attack just so you can get enouth experience to reach the next lv, after that you just need to get your next skill and "heal" with it, tho this takes a lot of tries and luck (32 when I did it) so no point on even trying that yourself, so just try to fix the issue or go to the game discord server and see if they can help.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
can someone give me the rundown? i remember playing these games around 3 years ago or so but i came back to check on it to see an abandoned tag but at the same time people are talking about some new game?

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes