• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
So uh
why is this abandoned?
What happened?
As per site rules because there hasn't been an update for too long, but that's because this game was put on hold while the dev is working on a side project to learn Unity (i.e. to switch to another engine). After the side project is done the plan was to finish the current story arc and then compile all chapters into one game with the new engine.

Reactions: meme_Lordo

crackad

Jul 4, 2020
Update from Introspurt (developer) for the Unity project, Eld:

Historically, alpha stage is pretty much where the game is mostly running and the community helps debug. With the flash games, it was rare to come across bugs after the first week or so. Additionally, intro is fairly quick with sound in CK, the guy is surprisingly good for how fast he pumps tracks.

We are close!
Alpha Testing phase isn't public and has game breaking bugs. It's tested by intro and his team, the community tests during open beta

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
i've had no issues with the exe files from the mega so far.

as a side note, i'm sure it's in this thread elsewhere, but i have to vent about the permanently missable content. i just finished chapter 3, overall enjoyed it, got into chapter 4 with a bunch of missing things in the menus. thankfully found a better completed save. i read earlier in the thread the dev gets away from it so i hope that's true. love the game outside of that
Optional content will still be a thing, chapter 3 multiple route will hardly ever happen again tho, there are only 3 things you can permanently miss in chapter 3 all the others can be obtained in at least one of the chapters that follows it, none of the optional stuff you can miss can lock you from progress in the game (only make it harder but not that much).

13Gatsu777

Nov 6, 2019
Not abandoned. Put on hold so the dev can work on a new game, Eld, which will be a Unity game. He has plans to switch CK to Unity instead of continuing it in Flash so he's using Eld to build those skills.
Unity just dropped something nasty about a charge fee after 200k of instal, won't this affect Eld and the switch of CK to unity?

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Unity just dropped something nasty about a charge fee after 200k of instal, won't this affect Eld and the switch of CK to unity?
Didn't know about this 'til now. Regardless, I wouldn't be the person to answer this. Likely have to wait for news from introspurt and see what his plans are due to this development.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Already pointed out on the discord server yesterday but this will not affect CK or the new Eld project at least that' s what they belive, as Unity developers clarified already "The Unity Runtime fee will not impact the majority of our developers. The developers who will be impacted are generally those who have successful games and are generating revenue way above the thresholds we outlined in our blog.” don't know if these games can suspass their 200k limit or not but I don't think Unity will be able to keep this decision for long with all the backlash they are ruin themselves with "big game" developers like the ones that made Cult of the Lamb saying that they will simply delete their game before January 1 for exemple.

Last edited:

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
SMALL UPDATE REGARDING UNITY: It seems like the reason why the developer doesn't have anything to worry about this is because games that are free are not affect by this new terms and since introspurt doesn't have any intension to change that there is no problem at all.

This information can be found in the Unity FAQ.
"Please note: It is important to remember that games that do not reach the revenue threshold, including games that are not monetized in any way, are not required to pay the per-install fee."

F1forhalp

SOTD: Bush - Jesus Online
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
SMALL UPDATE REGARDING UNITY: It seems like the reason why the developer doesn't have anything to worry about this is because games that are free are not affect by this new terms and since introspurt doesn't have any intension to change that there is no problem at all.

This information can be found in the Unity FAQ.
"Please note: It is important to remember that games that do not reach the revenue threshold, including games that are not monetized in any way, are not required to pay the per-install fee."
hmmm that line could cover each and any project placed on patreon or comparable sites, as "monetized in a way" because even if not getting money per "single item DLC sale", so to speak, those projects still generate income by nature of these platforms. a donation for someone who creates something, can still be seen "monetized content". legal loophole.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
hmmm that line could cover each and any project placed on patreon or comparable sites, as "monetized in a way" because even if not getting money per "single item DLC sale", so to speak, those projects still generate income by nature of these platforms. a donation for someone who creates something, can still be seen "monetized content". legal loophole.
That will not affect introspurt projects since the patreon is closed for several years now and the only way for him to start asking monetary suport for his projects is if he gets homeless and can't find any other source of income (that how he jokes about when people ask about it).

Reactions: MikeyBurger

TCGOfficial

Jul 6, 2023
The game is surprisingly fun, probably my most enjoyed rpg-adventure game ever. Not like I played others though. The only problem that I have (and possibly others) is that there are skills that could really help in fighting certain bosses like Nyx & Nox in CH4. I know for a fact that N&N is an optional boss and can be skipped, but they're impossible without the right set of skills, which pretty much suck. I'll be waiting for that Unity conversion, I have my hopes up!

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
The game is surprisingly fun, probably my most enjoyed rpg-adventure game ever. Not like I played others though. The only problem that I have (and possibly others) is that there are skills that could really help in fighting certain bosses like Nyx & Nox in CH4. I know for a fact that N&N is an optional boss and can be skipped, but they're impossible without the right set of skills, which pretty much suck. I'll be waiting for that Unity conversion, I have my hopes up!
Actually Nyx can be really easy, what is truly hard is for a player to notice that she is different than most other enemies you find in the game, she is smart because she will target your elemental weakness 90% of the time and once you notice this her fight can become trivial since you can just use covenants that are "neutral" to all her 3 skills and avoid heavy damage by doing it, Mella is the optional one here you can just camp in her covenant and use her skill to your advantage while using Demonvolt and Groundswell (if you have it) to do decent damage by using them in the right moment. It's true that her fight can still be really hard for exemple for a player that starts a new game in chapter 4 because of all the optional content in chapter 3 that will be missed but for a player with the knowledge about her mechanics, all 4 trinkets available, Nefris (better than Synophi/Khrys), Groundswell and the max level you can get she is not a challenge at all no matter the build you have.

About the "Unity conversion" know that her fight may just become harder since the objective is to replace the mechanics of previous chapters by the ones from the last chapter of this arc, if you want to have an ideia just replace one of chapter 7 bosses for Nyx and try to imagine how a fight with her would be.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BloomYourDreams

RF1234

Oct 27, 2019
I think I mess up my save data links swear I gotten the dark elf can you not get all the Covenants ?

She the only one I don't have in ch 7

Last edited:

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
I think I mess up my save data links swear I gotten the dark elf can you not get all the Covenants ?

She the only one I don't have in ch 7
At this moment every player is missing at least one covenant Khrys (an Ice Elemental) or Synophi (a Dark Elf) because those 2 are mutual exclusive you can get only one of them no matter what you do.

The one players are missing will be obtained in the next chapter (8, kinda of confirmed but don't take it for granted).

Reactions: RF1234

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Any updates? I can't seem to get in discord
Eld (a new project) is still in development, currently in pre-alpha with the final touches being made before the alpha phase begins (only mods from dircord participate during alpha) after that comes the public beta where introspurt makes final fixes before the "final" release (I eared that maybe the dev will take a pause to rest after that but can't really say if that will be the case) he decided to make this first part of the game bigger with more content than the initial plan but only after this "final" release of Eld the development of the next chapter of Crimson Keep will start.

Edit: Closed Alpha phase started.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: BloomYourDreams
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes