VN Ren'Py Onhold Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for the kind words guys. My health got so bad that I had to stop working altogether for a while. I have paused development of the game for now, as I just don't have the strength to work on such an ambitious project.

I've started working on something much smaller as I need to be creative, but I really need to prioritize my health at the moment. I hope you guys understand.
a suggestion in case you plan to resume development. instead of the abandoned tag, ask to switch for onhold instead

Reactions: Professor Historian

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for the kind words guys. My health got so bad that I had to stop working altogether for a while. I have paused development of the game for now, as I just don't have the strength to work on such an ambitious project.

I've started working on something much smaller as I need to be creative, but I really need to prioritize my health at the moment. I hope you guys understand.
Health is way more important than a game.
Take care of yourself mate.

• Red Heart

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021

Take your time, bro. Health comes first. Or so my ol' lady tells me often enough. I wish you a speedy recovery.

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Given my 'druthers, I'd prefer that you not work on a 'smaller project', but continue work at a slower pace on 'Courtship' while you recover.
Your choice, but I felt the desire to express my opinion. I had 'unwatched' the game when I saw the abandoned tag, but since it is on hold I will return the game to 'watched' status.
Very respectfully,
fleetp

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Given my 'druthers, I'd prefer that you not work on a 'smaller project', but continue work at a slower pace on 'Courtship' while you recover.
Your choice, but I felt the desire to express my opinion. I had 'unwatched' the game when I saw the abandoned tag, but since it is on hold I will return the game to 'watched' status.
Very respectfully,
fleetp
given their health hasn't been in the best shape, I am sure the community would understand taking time away from game development would be a good idea

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Here's one of the main girl of the smaller project I'm working on. Fair warning, I'll develop it slowly. Her name is Juniper.

View attachment 3235267
I'll be honest -

First - you have to be in a healthy place to be creative and give anyone your best story and the visuals/audio to support it.

From what you've shared in your prior posts, you have Plenty on your plate right now and the 'healthy' place is very much a work in progress.

Please take the time to create a new 'schedule' for yourself that gives you time for the important people in your life, supports regular exercise and sleep, and gives you creative outlets providing you with a break from life's day-to-day grind.

For now, it sounds like you don't have the bandwidth to continue Courtship, so a smaller project is a good call.

In time, I hope that you do return to Courtship.

I believe that when you do, you will bring a more refined skill set and a recharged creativity ready to continue this great story.

GL with the new project and take your time.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

yasenib

Mar 12, 2020
Wish all the best, mate.

• Red Heart

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone, I just wanted to drop by and share update news for Prof's smaller project that they'll be focused on while recovering. Usually I would prefer to summarize the information rather than directly share a Patreon post. However, this time around I will be sharing images and the entire contents of the post for those interested in the new title.

The text from the post can be viewed in the following spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The images for the post can be viewed in this next spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As a final note, if there are any other Patreon supporters here, do not forget to switch over to one of the new tiers that represent the new benefits for The Loop given that the old Courtship related tiers are going to be removed for now. Prof sent out a reminder today, and I figured I may as well share this with the post as well as it is possible that there has not been a chance to log in and check Patreon yet and may be unaware of this change.

I do hope that everyone interested in this information finds this useful.

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hi guys,

As to not hijack this thread for anyone who'd like to be informed of when the development of Courtship will resume, I've created a thread to talk about The Loop.

My health is a bit better and I'm now on some pretty heavy medication, which is quite new for me. I'm not sure yet how it will affect me. I miss Courtship but it's too big of a project for now. I've kept all the assets and I will work again on it. The thread was marked On Hold but the tag was removed, I'm not sure why and I never got an answer.

Take care guys,

Prof

Holdos

Sep 13, 2021
I am sad to see this novel abandoned. I hope, the main thing, that you are well, both in health, emotionally and economically, and if possible that you continue with Courship. This novel is one of those that makes me follow f95 every day with the hope of seeing a new update. Thank you
Greetings

• Red Heart

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I am sad to see this novel abandoned. I hope, the main thing, that you are well, both in health, emotionally and economically, and if possible that you continue with Courship. This novel is one of those that makes me follow f95 every day with the hope of seeing a new update. Thank you
Greetings
I wouldn't say abandoned. more like it was put Onhold due to health concerns. dev is currently working on smaller projects atm that won't be as time consuming as this one

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes