VN Ren'Py Onhold Courtship: A Dance with Love [v0.3.1] [Professor Historian]

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Who is your favorite love interest so far?

• Total voters

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Last edited:

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
A little preview of Sally from Chapter III. She's wondering if she's pretty enough for the Marquess to fall for her. What do you guys think?

View attachment 3142019
In all seriousness, the answer is no at this point. A maid who has shown what Sally has would have to be a one-in-a-million beauty to catch a Marquis's eye. He can get curvy hotness at the drop of a hat. She needs to make herself more interesting, not stand around and look dejected while she accompanies the Marquis on dates with other women. Women who rose from the bottom to the top with a powerful man did so by being conniving and convincing the man he couldn't live without her.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
In all seriousness, the answer is no at this point. A maid who has shown what Sally has would have to be a one-in-a-million beauty to catch a Marquis's eye. He can get curvy hotness at the drop of a hat. She needs to make herself more interesting, not stand around and look dejected while she accompanies the Marquis on dates with other women. Women who rose from the bottom to the top with a powerful man did so by being conniving and convincing the man he couldn't live without her.
And that's why Sally is unique. She's not conniving. She wants to be loved for who she is. She's willing to give all of herself to the MC just to SEE her. But she also feels unworthy of love to begin with. I'm not on her path, but if the best friend wasn't who she is, I would be on Sally's path.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Professor Historian

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
You say that the Marquis "can get curvy hotness at the drop of a hat." Which may be true. But so far Sally has all the other women in the game beat in the "curvy hotness" area. That may change down the road, as more characters are added. But Sally is doing pretty well for herself so far. :sneaky:

Reactions: TheDick69+

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Thanks for the kind words guys. My health got so bad that I had to stop working altogether for a while. I have paused development of the game for now, as I just don't have the strength to work on such an ambitious project.

I've started working on something much smaller as I need to be creative, but I really need to prioritize my health at the moment. I hope you guys understand.

4.30 star(s) 14 Votes