• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
MC isn't interested in Elsa as a LI, he isn't interested in Lucy as a LI, He isn't interested in Zoe as a LI. He is interested in Alice. And only Alice. The player cannot choose to abandon MC's interest in Alice. That is the story.
Yes in the story so far but that doesn't mean they won't be a LI. Something could happen and the MC could realize what's been infront of him this entire time ( Elsa). Also you do not know the player cannot choice another LI later down the road just like I don't know either only the dev does. Until there is a romance that starts there is no clear answer if others will be available as a LI. Even then it isn't clear either cause who knows the dev could throw us a curveball and he starts to hate Alice or she is totally a different person when a relationship starts and perhaps we get a choice to dump her or not. There is to many possibilities to say for sure Alice is the only LI. She is just the only LI that the MC is interested in the story and that's it nothing is set in stone.

as22

Oct 1, 2018
And sure, for Edward within the context of the story, she def. is a love interest... but for US the PLAYERS, she is not in that commonly used sense, at least not yet (she might never be for all we know)... and let's not rehash the "forced" thing...
We don't play as ourselves with a namable character that's made to self insert without agency. The male MC has a name and a story. This is Edwards story, not ours. We're mearly reading it.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
We don't play as ourselves with a namable character that's made to self insert without agency. The male MC has a name and a story. This is Edwards story, not ours. We're mearly reading it.
Yes but our choices can be influenced on ourself. So it's really 1/2 Edwards story and 1/2 ours unless you put yourself in the MC's shoes

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
hey everyone...I just started playing and I noticed that Alice looks like the beautiful CeCe from the leap of faith? it's a very nice surprise...has anyone else noticed?
Yeah. The first time I played the game, I was like: It's Cece! I'm pretty sure that most people have noticed it like you and me, since the other game is very popular and so is Cece. Hence my laughing reaction to your comment.

For those of you curious about the art assets used in the game, the 3D figure behind Cece and Alice is Cherubit's .

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Yeah. The first time I played the game, I was like: It's Cece! I'm pretty sure that most people have noticed it like you and me, since the other game is very popular and so is Cece. Hence my laughing reaction to your comment.

For those of you curious about the art assets used in the game, the 3D figure behind Cece and Alice is Cherubit's .
That model is indeed popular among developers. Having looked at the examples in that link, I'll bet I've seen it in literally dozens of games here on F95.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
When I saw Alice, as well, I thought is Cece, but I know her model is used in quite a few games.
Both Authors started their game's development at the same time.

Corporate Culture is a favourite of mine. Leap of Faith? well, I never went past the first burger joint scene in the very beginning.

So, if I saw this Cece of yours I'd say: "hey, it's Alice!".

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Both Authors started their game's development at the same time.

Corporate Culture is a favourite of mine. Leap of Faith? well, I never went past the first burger joint scene in the very beginning.

So, if I saw this Cece of yours I'd say: "hey, it's Alice!".
don't blame ya that game is kinda mid besides the "Alice model" stuff. I too prefer this game even tho I have a shit memory and need to replay it haha. But had no idea they started development about the same time.

Reactions: Jericho85

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Only one route baby. No regrets
We only have a few major story changes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Minor story changes:

+ minor choices which raise Elsa & Alice points.

Therefore, in my opinion we have 3 paths, at the moment:

- a Lucy path (a dead end in my opinion)

- an Elsa-Alice rivalry path where you score Elsa and Alice points (main path)

- an Emma path variation (if you don't lend your scooter)

In my personal opinion, Lucy is a false flag and big scene variations are right/wrong choices: you are supposed to ignore Lucy when you meet her with the other guy and you're supposed to lend your scooter.

Oh, and you're supposed to be nice with Emma's secretary, of course.

I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
We only have a few major story changes:

Minor story changes:

+ minor choices which raise Elsa & Alice points.

Therefore, in my opinion we have 3 paths, at the moment:

- a Lucy path (a dead end in my opinion)

- an Elsa-Alice rivalry path where you score Elsa and Alice points (main path)

- an Emma path variation (if you don't lend your scooter)

In my personal opinion, Lucy is a false flag and big scene variations are right/wrong choices: you are supposed to ignore Lucy when you meet her with the other guy and you're supposed to lend your scooter.

Oh, and you're supposed to be nice with Emma's secretary, of course.

I guess time will tell.
Well, like you said, it's all just subjective, mostly it depends on your preferences and expectations.

For example, I think Lucy is a nice girl, and despite being a dead end (according to your opinion) she has more screen time so far than Alice, who is supposed to be or rather IS a catalyst for a whole story.
If there will will be any path for Lucy, it will be my second route after the main one with Elsa.

Agree about a probable rival path Elsa/Alice, though, I am not really interested in Alice, so, no rival path for me ;)

Even though at the moment MC is obsessed with Alice, I think (or rather hope) that at some moment he will have some kind of revelation that the world doesn't revolve around her. By that moment he will get over his anxiety and will be more confident, I mean, he already is, Elsa did a great job.

There is also a secretary with some RP points as well. So there might as well be one more path.

Anyways, whatever story will bring, I am sure it will be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, like you said, it's all just subjective, mostly it depends on your preferences and expectations.

For example, I think Lucy is a nice girl, and despite being a dead end (according to your opinion) she has more screen time so far than Alice, who is supposed to be or rather IS a catalyst for a whole story.
If there will will be any path for Lucy, it will be my second route after the main one with Elsa.

Agree about a probable rival path Elsa/Alice, though, I am not really interested in Alice, so, no rival path for me ;)

Even though at the moment MC is obsessed with Alice, I think (or rather hope) that at some moment he will have some kind of revelation that the world doesn't revolve around her. By that moment he will get over his anxiety and will be more confident, I mean, he already is, Elsa did a great job.

There is also a secretary with some RP points as well. So there might as well be one more path.

Anyways, whatever story will bring, I am sure it will be interesting.
I don't think there are an Alice and an Elsa path, at the moment.

I was talking about how your gameplay choices trigger different scenes.

I'd say we have (well, this happens in every VN, I guess):

- choices that raise variable points and trigger different variant dialogues;

- choices that don't raise any variable point but trigger different variant dialogues only;

- choices that trigger / don't trigger a scene;

- choices that trigger different scenes.

We'll see what will happen with the secretary.

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes