VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Isn't it silly to call anyone an LI in this game, other than MC's only interest?
I think you can call Elsa a potential LI ( not sure if she will be one). While yes our MC only wants Alice I think Elsa has potential to be one. As I feel there could be a path down the road where the MC finally realizes what was in front of him the entire time. A smart beautiful and loyal girl that has been nothing but a friend and helping him the entire time to get with another girl. So I very much think that path is a possibility at some point

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Elsa will fuck MC by the end of the story. But that doesn't mean sex happens. She's a using him to achieve a goal. Once achieved, she will toss him aside in a heartbeat. And if that isn't how the game ends, I'll be extremely disappointed. MC is less than gum stuck to shoe to Elsa once she's finished with him.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Elsa will fuck MC by the end of the story. But that doesn't mean sex happens. She's a using him to achieve a goal. Once achieved, she will toss him aside in a heartbeat. And if that isn't how the game ends, I'll be extremely disappointed. MC is less than gum stuck to shoe to Elsa once she's finished with him.
I highly doubt that will be the case unless we as the player make some poor choices. I think that would be a terrible ending if it was forced on us without us picking bad choices. I honestly see Elsa as calculating yet loyal to the MC , yes she is using him but it's hard for me to see her as someone that would betray the MC without a reason. Like us making some poor decisions. But that's just my opinion.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
The reason she would betray MC is he becomes no longer useful for whatever her actual goal is. And I suspect that involves destroying the company she helped MC get ahead in. Maybe she doesn't stab him directly. That doesn't mean he doesn't suffer when her knife stroke occurs.

The only way MC should not get destroyed by Elsa is if he stops listening to her at some point and makes plans she isn't privy to that protect him from her. If he never does that, he deserves to be stepped over by her.

Given the name of the game, there's no reason to believe she won't use him as a pawn just like everyone else in the top tier of the company would use everyone else if they could.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
I highly doubt that will be the case unless we as the player make some poor choices. I think that would be a terrible ending if it was forced on us without us picking bad choices. I honestly see Elsa as calculating yet loyal to the MC , yes she is using him but it's hard for me to see her as someone that would betray the MC without a reason. Like us making some poor decisions. But that's just my opinion.
Yeah, also how she always tell the truth to the mc even when is harsh and try to teach him how to not be taken advantage she is the most based female character until now

Reactions: Dessolos

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
This is a game or a visual novel ?
you probably mean "kinetic novel"?
this should be a VN, yet as some others vn-kn hybrids it does look like a proper KN (regarding an enforced LI).
one of the worst things any decent VN could have, yet it is what it is....devs game, devs rules.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
you probably mean "kinetic novel"?
this should be a VN, yet as some others vn-kn hybrids it does look like a proper KN (regarding an enforced LI).
one of the worst things any decent VN could have, yet it is what it is....devs game, devs rules.

Man I wish people would user better terms... the whole "kinetic" thing is a huge misnomer... "choiceless" would be more apt.

But even then, this AVN does have choices and some branching, so your complains are just not valid.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Man I wish people would user better terms... the whole "kinetic" thing is a huge misnomer... "choiceless" would be more apt.

But even then, this AVN does have choices and some branching, so your complains are just not valid.
do try to re-think again, and eventually you will get that your point isnt valid at all.
between vn and kn there should be another genre/tag - vn with forced characters or kn with "choices".

this one would fit there as a glove.
hopefully thats clear enough regarding this topic.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

Seems to me that's what most people associate with "Kinetic novel" though.

The way I understand it, most everything on here is an "Adult Visual Novel" being longform literature with artistic digital renders representing each scene. On one end of the spectrum there are sandbox/management types with high interactivity and perhaps immersion, and the other end is "Kinetic Novel" types which involve little to no interactivity required for the narrative. Or hybrids that use elements of both types on a sliding scale depending on the Dev's preference and style, like a "mostly Kinetic novel" type that has few choices but has an occasional free roam.

In that way, I'd say Corporate Culture probably trends closer to the Kinetic Novel type, which is definitely my preference (because I hate sandboxes).

Reactions: Walter Victor

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
As long as there are choices to be made, and these choices set flags that effect how the events will unfold, my understanding is that we cannot speak about Kinetic novel in said case. I don't like kinetic novels. I want my decisions to make some impact on the events of the game.

Reactions: lorddarkam

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
As long as there are choices to be made, and these choices set flags that effect how the events will unfold, my understanding is that we cannot speak about Kinetic novel in said case. I don't like kinetic novels. I want my decisions to make some impact on the events of the game.
When i notice a game has no choice i just stop and the never bother with it again

Reactions: Jumbi

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Seems to me that's what most people associate with "Kinetic novel" though.

The way I understand it, most everything on here is an "Adult Visual Novel" being longform literature with artistic digital renders representing each scene. On one end of the spectrum there are sandbox/management types with high interactivity and perhaps immersion, and the other end is "Kinetic Novel" types which involve little to no interactivity required for the narrative. Or hybrids that use elements of both types on a sliding scale depending on the Dev's preference and style, like a "mostly Kinetic novel" type that has few choices but has an occasional free roam.

In that way, I'd say Corporate Culture probably trends closer to the Kinetic Novel type, which is definitely my preference (because I hate sandboxes).
The whole "kinetic visual novel" comes, surprise surprise, from a japanese thing... there is (was) a company that made choiceless VNs that was called kinetiku or whatever... so I guess it stuck, like how people use "NTR" when they could use less confusing terms in english, but there you go.

Anyways, the "kinetic" tag refers just to a VN where there are no choices, it's effectively akin to reading a sort of manga/comicbook, but in VN format. It's got nothing to do with "forced LIs" specifically, because everything is "forced", you get a story and you can't change any outcome.

As for Corporate Culture... it has choices and they affect some outcomes... sure there aren't many (yet), but there's enough (more than zero) for it to not be considered a "kinetic" AVN.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022

Hello,

Paid post is on April 29.
I spent the week writing. A change of routine, felt really great.
Wrote scenes I was struggling with, a few scenes with Alice and a couple of more for the next days. It turned out good. It needs to be polished, but whatever it's much better than the week before.
Then had a time to work on the story in general. There are rough edges and characters that are bothering me. For example, there are two characters, A and C. They are different, supposedly different. But whenever I think of them they sometimes seem similar to me. And concern is whether I'll be able to show their differences as it is, or it is better to move them further apart until it's not late.
Progress. There are remains 3 scenes in Day 3. Two of them are mostly the same. I made a mistake while counting scenes, so we will treat them as one to not change Day 3 counter.
The third one is bigger. I don't know how exactly big it will turn out in terms of renders. The script for it is big but not gigantic. Yet it happens in 3 separate environments, it features a character MC cares about, and I like to make lots of pictures for not so many lines.
Day 4 is up in the air. I'll finish Day 3 and see if what I have is good enough, that's the plan for now.
In terms of scenes ready, Day 3 progress stays the same: 7 out of 9 completed.
Rendering. Breezed past a light scene, now bumped in a heavy one again. Not exactly heavy, a hybrid heavy: some shots take a couple of hours, while other under an hour.

Thanks for your support.
See you.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
...As for Corporate Culture... it has choices and they affect some outcomes... sure there aren't many (yet), but there's enough (more than zero) for it to not be considered a "kinetic" AVN.
as i have said above - in respect to those two tags/genres (VN and KN) a third tag/genre probably would help to describe some games in-between (such corporate culture tends to be obviously) - there are choices (doesnt matter how many of them), yet there are (en)forced LIs one cant really avoid "due to the story reasons".
for me, that would be a red flag while choosing games to play...

yet it is what it is, so we can even enjoy "VN"s being more "kinetic" than any proper KN (guilty pleasure, probably the best example).
gonna stop, before i/we venture too far into the OT territory :HideThePain:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
yet there are (en)forced LIs one cant really avoid "due to the story reasons".
for me, that would be a red flag while choosing games to play...
Hmm I'm having a hard time with your logic here... the only proper LI right now (Lucy) is not forced. I'm assuming you're refering to Alice? But she's not a LI yet, so I dunno what you're talking about... =/

Reactions: Jericho85
4.30 star(s) 151 Votes