• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.6] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Hmm I'm having a hard time with your logic here... the only proper LI right now (Lucy) is not forced. I'm assuming you're refering to Alice? But she's not a LI yet, so I dunno what you're talking about... =/
He doesn't like the fact that the MC is interested in Alice without player input. Same thing I guess if you start a game with a MC already having a GF or wife

Reactions: Abhai

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
He doesn't like the fact that the MC is interested in Alice without player input. Same thing I guess if you start a game with a MC already having a GF or wife
But... that's the whole premise of the game... without that it's not corporate culture, it's just random girlfriend simulator #27853... :WaitWhat:

Reactions: Walter Victor

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
But... that's the whole premise of the game... without that it's not corporate culture, it's just random girlfriend simulator #27853... :WaitWhat:
then make it "kinetic novel" - and everyone is happy.
what would be the point otherwise?
though seems as you are lacking resources to get it - even after people draw it for you:WaitWhat:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
then make it "kinetic novel" - and everyone is happy.
what would be the point otherwise?
though seems as you are lacking resources to get it - even after people draw it for you:WaitWhat:
But it's NOT a kinetic novel... are you damaged or something?? It's got choices... it's not a KN.

Just because you have a weirdass hang-up about the premise of the story it doesn't mean the game should get different tags... wtf :FacePalm:

Also, how much you wanna bet that there'll be an option to not pursue Alice later on? Like it's painfully obvious... so there's no forced LIs now and there's very probably not gonna be any... but aaaaanyways.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Also, how much you wanna bet that there'll be an option to not pursue Alice later on? Like it's painfully obvious... so there's no forced LIs now and there's very probably not gonna be any... but aaaaanyways.
Why are you so dead set against saying Alice is a forced LI? If you remove Alice from the game, what is left?

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Why are you so dead set against saying Alice is a forced LI? If you remove Alice from the game, what is left?
Because she's not... yet, at least. She's not even a main character right now, she's more of a plot device. To be a LI you'd need to be able to get into a relationship with her and you can't.

You guys are the ones dead set on calling her a "forced LI"... for some reason... but you're wrong, she's neither "forced" or a "LI" at this point, just let it go. IF she becomes a forced LI later on, then I'll agree with all of you, but we're nowhere there yet, so it's a big IF at this point.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Because she's not... yet, at least. She's not even a main character right now, she's more of a plot device. To be a LI you'd need to be able to get into a relationship with her and you can't.

You guys are the ones dead set on calling her a "forced LI"... for some reason... but you're wrong, she's neither "forced" or a "LI" at this point, just let it go. IF she becomes a forced LI later on, then I'll agree with all of you, but we're nowhere there yet, so it's a big IF at this point.
Explain how the unavoidable scene in the cafe where MC throws his face into a door is optional. He wants her to be a LI and the player is forced to watch a dumb thing play out.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Explain how the unavoidable scene in the cafe where MC throws his face into a door is optional. He wants her to be a LI and the player is forced to watch a dumb thing play out.
I agree with Jacowboy the only thing forced about her is the plot. Just because she is the "plot" doesn't mean we will get in a romantic relationship with her , unless the dev decides to take away choices so we cant screw up a date or something. As I believe Elsa will still be a LI later. Nothing is set in stone yet, yes there are story elements that are forced but because the story is forced doesn't mean we won't be able to go in the opposite direction later. Now if we get in a romantic relationship with her without any say in the matter then yeah id consider it forced

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
The distinction (at least for me) is when there's a clear reciprocal romantic attraction between the two characters. Eddie's crush on Alice is completely one sided and there is not indication as of yet that Alice has any romantic interest towards him.

So when people say "she's not an LI yet" it's because the characters have not started romancing each other yet. As of right now, Alice is just a plot device. She's Eddie's carrot on a stick. She will probably (very likely) become romanceable at some point in the future, but that hasn't happened yet. And when that moment happens, you will almost certainly get a chance (or several chances) to avoid her path, just the same as with Lucy. Hence why she's not a "forced LI". In other words, A future or prospective LI is not the same as "forced" LI.

Edit: I'd also add that given this VN's style, the process of turning her down may not be as direct as other VNs. It might be a matter of how much self-respect Eddie has when it comes time to make a decision about Alice and that might frame the dynamic of their relationship should Eddie chose to romance Alice. Ex: Whether he lets her keep his coat.

Last edited:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Well, do you also want me to explain how the unavoidable scenes with the MC and Elsa when they have any discussions are optional? Damn these devs and their stories... I mean, forced interactions!!!!

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
she is kinda forced, his obsession is the entire reason for the story. thats just the way it is.

It does seem more 'forced' than usual because its not a stretch to say the game is a "stalker simulator". its a person that is not a part of his life, and everything is manipulated in every interaction.

I sincerely hope there's at least an option for a 'dark' ending where it ends badly...

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
So what you're saying is she's a plot device? :unsure:

Also, I was gonna go into how that's not exactly what the story is actually about... but eh, what's even the point...

I have a feeling all of you folks claiming "forced LI" are also NTR rage-quitters... :ROFLMAO:
his entire motivation to actually behave like a normal human and do his job is HER. how is that not the basic story plot?

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
his entire motivation to actually behave like a normal human and do his job is HER. how is that not the basic story plot?
I think you're agreeing with him on that point but making it sound like an argument :ROFLMAO:

As for the "forced LI" thing, Alice is not romanceable yet, as was mentioned earlier. Eddie's interest in her is unreciprocated. He's just a dude with a crush using Alice as a motivation for improvement. At this point of the story, Alice and Eddie are friends at best, but nothing more. It remains to be seen if there even will be a "something more" (though it's highly likely).

A forced LI would be the MC being in an existing relationship with one of the LIs or entering into a romantic relationship with an LI without player input. Since Alice is neither Eddie's girlfriend nor is she even in a romantic engagement with Eddie at all, she doesn't qualify as a "Forced LI".

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Saying a girl is not a LI yet is trigerring me. A girl is a LI from the start or never at all. LI = Love Interest, not girlfriend; i.e. the MC is interested to romance her whether she reciprocates or not (depending on choices)

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Saying a girl is not a LI yet is trigerring me. A girl is a LI from the start or never at all. LI = Love Interest, not girlfriend; i.e. the MC is interested to romance her whether she reciprocates or not (depending on choices)
I disagree. I think it's important to consider the relationship element. I could agree with what you're saying from a meta sense (like "This VN has 10 planned LIs, etc.."), but in a narrative sense I think it matters quite a bit when a female character becomes romanceable when considering whether she's an active love interest. Certain character behaviors and tropes classify differently when she's single versus when she's romantically involved with the MC. In the context of "Forced LIs", the relationship definitely matters. A forced love interest is one who is in a romantic relationship with the MC without player input (ex: Veronica in Race of Life)

Also, by ignoring the relationship element is how people start misunderstanding (and hotly debating) certain oft-misunderstood three-letter tropes.

So whichever way you consider when a character becomes a "love interest", my point in context to the conversation and the story is that Alice is not yet romanceable. MC is firmly in the friendzone with her right now and we have no indication that Alice even considers Eddie as a sexual partner yet. So we can't say that romancing her is "forced" because the romance hasn't even happened yet.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Jericho did a great job at explaining it probably better and with less sarcasm than I would've... But yeah, in "AVN terms", a LI is something specific...

And sure, for Edward within the context of the story, she def. is a love interest... but for US the PLAYERS, she is not in that commonly used sense, at least not yet (she might never be for all we know)... and let's not rehash the "forced" thing...

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
MC isn't interested in Elsa as a LI, he isn't interested in Lucy as a LI, He isn't interested in Zoe as a LI. He is interested in Alice. And only Alice. The player cannot choose to abandon MC's interest in Alice. That is the story.

4.30 star(s) 151 Votes