VN HTML Ren'Py Completed Coming to Grips with Christine [Ep. 1-5] [Tora Productions]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
This is interesting to me. Before we ever got to the beach scene, Christine:
1) Sent a friend into the shower to try to seduce Adrian.
2) Made him break the law by planting a hidden webcam.
3) Made him watch her have sex with another woman.
4) Made him have sex in public where other people could see them.
5) Made him have a threesome with her and another woman.

Most of the people who didn't like Christine were turned off by the initial shower test. I'm surprised you made it to the end.

That said, the whole point of Coming to Grips with Christine was to give people who didn't like Christine an option to have Adrian find a relationship where he would be an equal partner. I didn't do telemetry or anything like that, but the impression I've gotten from comments is that people are pretty 50/50 on which they chose.

As for allowing you to skip a sex scene, a decade ago when I wrote GtkC, the concept of playing a sex game to not see the sex wasn't something any of us would have ever even thought of. Up to this point, all of the games in the genre were, "Meet a girl, and if you make the right choices, you win by getting a sex scene." In those days, I don't know why you would have played the games if you didn't want the sex scenes.

Tlaero

Reactions: p22

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I'm not sure if intentional or not, but in retrospect the original game seems like it was both a distillation and subversion of the genre trends at the time.
Games of the period were populated with women willing to engage in casual sex, though still at the instigation of the PC. Christine took that further by being a sexually proactive and adventurous woman, which is enticing to guys. But the game went beyond that, to the point where she became the dominant partner, which runs contrary to the male power fantasy. It's probably this dichotomy that contributed to the controversial reception of the character and popularity of the game at the same time.
Although I didn't actually play the game upon release (and even now it's been several years since I did play it), so I could be wrong in the above analysis.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
This is interesting to me. Before we ever got to the beach scene, Christine:
1) Sent a friend into the shower to try to seduce Adrian.
2) Made him break the law by planting a hidden webcam.
3) Made him watch her have sex with another woman.
4) Made him have sex in public where other people could see them.
5) Made him have a threesome with her and another woman.

Most of the people who didn't like Christine were turned off by the initial shower test. I'm surprised you made it to the end.

That said, the whole point of Coming to Grips with Christine was to give people who didn't like Christine an option to have Adrian find a relationship where he would be an equal partner. I didn't do telemetry or anything like that, but the impression I've gotten from comments is that people are pretty 50/50 on which they chose.

As for allowing you to skip a sex scene, a decade ago when I wrote GtkC, the concept of playing a sex game to not see the sex wasn't something any of us would have ever even thought of. Up to this point, all of the games in the genre were, "Meet a girl, and if you make the right choices, you win by getting a sex scene." In those days, I don't know why you would have played the games if you didn't want the sex scenes.

Tlaero
Not that i don't want sex scenes but you know very well since you have written many games that most people have always been against swinging, sharing, NTR. All i am saying is it is okay to have sharing scenes until and unless it is optional. I respect everyone's choices and if they are okay in sharing who i am to say anything but at least make it optional for those who don't want.

I played Life Changes For Keeley before GtkC and i really liked that game and wanted to try other games from you. Though i did find christine's actions bad i still played it cuz there was a sequel too so i wanted to know how things will turn out.

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Up until we released Redemption for Jessika Getting to know Christine was number 1 at Playforce One, and today it's number two. Since its release GtkC has been on the top of the games at that site which was a huge site for this type of games before f95zone existed.
This is not to brag, because I had nothing to do with that game (it was Phreaky and Tlaero's game) but those results surely mean something.

Reactions: Alfius

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Not that i don't want sex scenes but you know very well since you have written many games that most people have always been against swinging, sharing, NTR. All i am saying is it is okay to have sharing scenes until and unless it is optional. I respect everyone's choices and if they are okay in sharing who i am to say anything but at least make it optional for those who don't want.
I respect your opinion and am sorry to have angered you.

GtkC has literally been played by over a million people, and in all the years since it was released, you're the first person I can remember to have complained about the beach scene. It's possible to likely though, that other people who would have felt the same way didn't make it to the end, or didn't give the feedback.

I appreciate that you not only gave your feedback, but also went on to play another of the games. Thank you!

If you want to play others, the Elsa-verse series is mostly 4some-free. You're safe with:
Dreaming with Elsa
Redemption for Jessika
and
Finding Miranda

You're mostly safe with:
Saving Chloe
but avoid the path where you get into a relationship with Xara. That can lead to a another 4some.

You should definitely avoid "Elsa's Nightmares."

Tlaero

Cramone

May 14, 2018
the awesome thing of Tora Productions is that...
Is about you are in sex game with history and options... like complex company game those games who really you see effort and talent in it..

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
CtGwC now in Renpy

Hey folks. I've converted Coming to Grips with Christine to Renpy and am making it available now. This distribution has the new renpy version as well as the original HTML version in it (and they share the same image files, so adding the HTML didn't make the download much bigger).

There's no new content in the Renpy version, but it does have the standard Renpy features of unlimited saves and text skipping. I'm considering this the official version now.

Special thanks to ArianeB, who ported some of my other games to Renpy, which provided a good set of examples for me to look at as I decided how I wanted to do this. Frequently people reach their heights by standing on the shoulders of the giants who went before them. I've been standing on Ariane's shoulders for almost the entire time that I've been "Tlaero." Thanks Ariane!

Here's the PC/Linux version:

And here's the Mac one:

Mods, if you replace the front page links with this new version, would it be possible to add a "Renpy" tag to this thread? You can keep the HTML one since that's there too. Thanks!

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I haven't tried doing Android, but frequently people make unofficial Android releases.

Tlaero

Sngo

May 9, 2020
So I played dreaming with elsa and I'm playing redemption for Jessica now. Have been going through your games to find more to have on my to play list, still have to play finding miranda, I will not play the first game of Christine because of the unavoidable swinging, is this one safe to play? I hate sharing, femdom, swinging and ntr.
Ty

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 11 Votes